[✗] [Alchemy Lore] Charos Blossom & Vios Fyto

Farryn

- While visiting the Drunken Monk, you hear the two bartenders chatting to each other excitedly. Curious, you go over and ask them about what they are seemly excited about. The blond haired bartender, who you learn is called Elvira Naromis, explains to you about two new Alchemy ingredients she had stumbled upon and hands you two pieces of parchment for you to read. You decided to read, wanting to know what the ingredients were and what they do -

Charos Blossom

A quite dark and horrific ingredient that I am sure I had the most misfortune in stumbling upon, although my good friend had an even terrible sense of bad luck. The Charos Blossom is a rare flower that grows wherever blood was shed. In other words; battlefields or areas where blood was spilled countless times. It seems quite harmless in appearance: it is seemly leaned forward with petals that are pitch black, resembling the  cruelly sharpened blade of a scythe. The flower also grows in groups of three or four. Now, if there was two things I would ask my students to wear when by or using this flower, it would most certainly be a pair of gloves and a mask. Why may you ask? Because of two things the flower possesses: Its scent and its nectar.

Many believe that flowers smell good, even if they do look deadly. Sadly, the scent of the Charos Blossom is far from good. Its scent holds the capability of driving you insane with fear, making your skin crawl and bones tremble. As if you know danger is only a good inch or two away from you. I am unsure to how exactly the scent does this, but I am sure this scent acts much like a defence against any animals that wishes to eat the flower, though eating it is even more dangerous. If you was left with this flower long enough, presumably for a day or two without end, there is no doubt you would go insane from the smell, wanting to get away or end your life right there. However, this can be avoided by wearing the mask... but the smell is the least of your worries.

It is the nectar most Alchemists these days need to be careful of. A transparent yet crimson red colour, almost like blood but see-through. This nectar is deadly when consumed; it gives the consumer hallucinations of their worse fears, driving them to the brink of completely losing their sanity and sense of mind. In other words, imagine being trapped in a whole field of Charos Blossoms but instead of becoming insane within a day or two... you can likely become insane in a few short hours or worse, less than an hour. While this hallucination state wears off after a couple of days, the person affected will still be in fear, or even prepared to kill themselves during their period with the nectar in their body. I have heard plenty of stories about men killing themselves after either accidentally or being forced to drink the nectar, or the nectar being used to torture. Sometimes your worse fear truly can kill you, so its only fair that the plant represents death and hallucination.

That is why I always, and very strictly, inform my students of the dangers of this flower, and to wash their hands after handing the flower's nectar. Also, always have Vios Fytos with you, it can calm the person who has been affected by the smell and the nectar, and lead them onto recovery. One dire warning from me; even a drop can cause the hallucinations, although it will last for an hour or two (even longer if more nectar is consumed). So I highly recommend for you to wash your hands (if you don't wear gloves) after preparing this ingredient, the nectar would likely remain on your hands if you was extracting it, and you don't want to be putting that into your mouth or into wounds, do you?

Now for Alchemy uses, I would state that this ingredient is a Strong Earth symbol that can be used for poisons, especially if you want to use that fearful hallucination state to make the consumer suffer a horrific and humiliating death. The part of the plant I recommend using is the nectar, as the nectar is the only part of the plant that causes these hallucinations and fear. However, as stated above, I recommend taking the utmost caution when preparing this plant, so wear a mask and a pair of gloves. They may just decide if you either remain sane, or become insane with fear.

Name: Charos Blossom

Symbol: Strong Earth symbol

Represenation(s): Death and hallucinations.

Location: Battlefields and places where bloodshed occurs repeatedly.

Vios Fyto

Presumably, one of the calming and beautiful looking flower around, perhaps even one that could rival the Elf's Hair. It is an elegant flower with snowy white petals that resemble snowdrops, although the petals are longer and there's seemly a golden edge around the petals' edges. This flower is likely found in an area that holds the right temperature, air pressure, ground and water that the flower requires in order to grow, although it mostly grows by the rivers or ponds located in these areas. So, these requirements mean that this plant is very difficult to find, I had to spend a month or two searching for this flower when a friend of mine suffered from the effects caused by the Charos Blossom.

While this flower appears perfectly normal in appearance, it holds remarkable traits. The Vios Fyto can easily be considered as the counterpart of the Charos Blossom. The reason why is because the flower is known for doing the polar opposite to the deadly flower and aids those suffering from the flower's effects. While the Charos Blossom has a deadly smell, the Vios Fyto has a scent that can 'calm the soul of those that suffer from that demon plant,' which is something a nomadic tribe leader told me after I brought my affected friend to him. Thankfully, I managed to find this flower and my friend recovered.

Now. In Alchemy, the Vios Fyto is used for two potions: Potion of healing, and a potion of calming. Also, if someone is suffering from the effects of the Charos Blossom, I recommend making these two potions with the Vios Fytos and giving them to the patient, it will help calm them and also aid in making sure the nectar is removed from their body. I recommend keeping the patient in the flower's presence for a few days to calm them down more. A good thing about the Vios Fyto is that the flower is completely harmless and simple to prepare; the petals of the flower is needed, although I recommend only using two (or three depending on how strong you want the potions to be).

Additionally, the flower can be used outside of Alchemy. The scent would be a good fragrance or oil to use if one wishes to smell nice. It can also be used in mediating, often calming down new students and helping them mediate and focus more easily. I, myself, sometimes use the Vios Fyto for meditating or simply calming down, although I make sure the plant is kept in the best condition.

Overall, the Vios Fyto represents life due to its location and healing properties, and calmness due its scent. Already, I have decided it is a strong symbol due to its rarity. However, I spent a couple of days wondering what element it would fit with; can it be considered as an earth symbol due to its life representation? An air symbol due to its calmness? Or perhaps a water symbol due to its healing properties and due to the fact is grows right by water? In the end, I will likely consider this a water symbol, as water can represent calmness as well.

If anything, I would say the Vios Fyto is my most favourite symbol now, even if it is an utter menace to find at times. Lastly, I would state that the requirements for the environment where the plant grows is that all the requirements needs to be balanced. In other words, the temperature needs to be completely normal, neither too cold or warm. Same with the water in temperature, and there needs to be enough water for the flower as well. The air pressure needs to be neither too dense or less dense. As for the ground, the soil needs to be fertile. So, I would say mostly where trees and hills are, and certainly where there is water.

Name: Vios Fyto

Symbol: Strong Water symbol

Represenation(s): Life and calmness

Location: Areas that meet the following requirements, as stated above - Balanced temperature, water temperature and quantity (mostly a river or pond). Air pressure neither dense or less dense. Soil must be fertile.

OOC:

Well, these are two Alchemy ingredients I decided to create and write lore on. ICly, Elvi (my main) has left for her journey and discovered these two ingredients (if they are accepted, of course) and brought them back. I'm not sure where the ideas for these ingredients came from but I think there needs to be a dangerous ingredient in Alchemy, as well as an ingredient that can counter the effect of the other. And thus, these ingredients were formed after a couple of days or thinking and writing! I may have some more lore coming soon, so keep a good eye out. :P - Gira

Do you want these to be reviewed or is it not ready?

Thanks!

Do you want these to be reviewed or is it not ready?

Thanks!

It's ready.

The lore is [Pending] 

Expect a result within a week or just afterward, the lore team is currently reviewing this piece!

Unfortunately, this lore has been denied.

Given the current alchemy system, most agents that are not too powerful or weird can simply be created by players without lore approval. We won't be accepting this lore, but feel free to run the agents by Jistuma and see his thoughts on whether or not they can be added otherwise. The latter seems very reasonable, but the former seems like it may require alteration. Unfortunately, he's the only alchemy expert of the team and is also busy with exams, so your best bet is to contact him privately.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me or another Lore Master.