[Magic Creature / Spectre?] Wisps, Sidhe, Spirits of Nature...

Gallic

I believe if appropriately rationed out to players with actual knowledge on Druidism that shows competence that this could be for regular players. Though, numbers need to be thoroughly limited so we don't have an outbreak of creatures like the sprites that are rampant now. Otherwise, I think this is a great way for the Event Team to directly interact with Druidism! +1

These are my own suggestions and thoughts. From what I can tell this is proposed as a type of 'specter', thus being created from ectoplasm instead of the direct souls. So basically nature ghosts. Animals are already capable of forming into ghosts with lesser souls and if being made into an amalgamation, that's something akin to an apparition. This and if coupled with the explanation of being blessed by the Aspects, could explain the extra druidic abilities. I just think emphasizing they're much like ghosts with ectoplasm would smooth out the more detailed mechanics such as why certain magics or enchanted objects would disrupt them. Not souls, ectoplasm.

Also I'm a bit iffy about allowing temporary druidic abilities through this forced or gifted ritual. Some players might have no idea how druidism actually works in such cases whether IC or OOC. Just because one is connected to Nature doesn't mean they actually know how to interact with it properly. This is something druids work on for many many years themselves. I think it would be better to limit this idea to being like the fairy ring, except mobile through the will of the nature spirit. Essentially don't allow players mechanical, practical druidism, just the ability to feel Nature without interacting with it.

24 minutes ago, Gladuos said:

These are my own suggestions and thoughts. -snip- ghosts. -snip- apparition. -snip- emphasizing they're much like ghosts -snip- Not souls, ectoplasm.

Also I'm a bit iffy about allowing temporary druidic abilities through this forced or gifted ritual. Some players might have no idea how druidism actually works in such cases whether IC or OOC. -snip-

In regards to the first suggestion... I honestly know very little about the spooky parts, but the intent was for them to, yes, be kind of like ghosts, but not quite properly so. The reason I used the word soul is because they do have a sort-of body, as they are beings of druidic energy, so I wasn't sure if ghost was appropriate. Or, something to that effect. By all means, if you know more about spooks than me, I welcome you to help out. <3

And secondly, I get what you're saying. This is something I thought about too... As far as OOC is concerned, I was considering suggesting having the person have an accepted Druidism app, but that felt a little too harsh... Then I considered suggesting a new app, but that seems a little too much.

But, in the end, I decided I that the people who would roleplay this sort of relationship would (or at least should) know very well what they were doing, at least from the spirit's side. This isn't a common thing, as it's painful and debilitating for the sidhe to perform. And under the same faith, I feel as though if handled responsibly, there wouldn't be any issue with people who have never spoken to animals in their life suddenly being Doctor Dolittle up in here.

Oh! Maybe a sidhe requires a Druidism TA to be able to do it? ...But then again, that also sounds pretty harsh.

But I digress. Your concern is warranted, and it's one I have too. I'd prefer to work to make it more acceptable, though, rather than push it away. So, if you'd like to work with me to do so... I'd appreciate it. c:

59 minutes ago, Gladuos said:

-snipsnap-

Okay, sorry for the double post, but I can't edit things for some reason.

I was just thinking about what you said about ectoplasm and spooky spectres and what not, and I realized...

If Nature Spirits had something to do with ectoplasm...

Couldn't a mystic create and control them?

...Couldn't a mystic then use them to become druid-like? That sounds like an edgy alternative to druidism, maybe for draoi. Or taint them... Or combine them together to make bigger ones. I don't know-- Anyway! I don't know much about how mysticism works, but if mysticism is indeed the ability to control ectoplasm, that both sounds interesting and kind of off-putting!

6 minutes ago, TheCritsyBear said:

Okay, sorry for the double post, but I can't edit things for some reason.

I was just thinking about what you said about ectoplasm and spooky spectres and what not, and I realized...

If Nature Spirits had something to do with ectoplasm...

Couldn't a mystic create and control them?

...Couldn't a mystic then use them to become druid-like? That sounds like an edgy alternative to druidism, maybe for draoi. Or taint them... Or combine them together to make bigger ones. I don't know-- Anyway! I don't know much about how mysticism works, but if mysticism is indeed the ability to control ectoplasm, that both sounds interesting and kind of off-putting!

A mystic could empower them, and maybe force them to align with them temporarily, but I don't think they could ever create one. Their rituals seems specialized and often are only done for the /chance/ of a ghost forming. The added idea that nature spirits are made a step further by gaining a blessing from the Aspects makes it impossible to replicate. It was also part of why I think nature spirits shouldn't be allowed to give more than a fairy ring could.

I Realy like this idea!  definitely needs to have some sort of qualifications and restrictions.  You have my support, what that's worth you can decide. ;)  

1 hour ago, Gladuos said:

-snpisnap-

Gladuos had a rather lengthy debate about ghosts and ghostly things, and came to a few conclusions that I won't write up for now-- But, if anyone else has any concerns about what kind of spectral being they would be, ask away! I'm fairly confident now in that regard, thanks to Gladuous.

As far as their ability to split and allow someone else to hold reign of their abilities temporarily... To put it simply; That is something I personally enjoy the thought of,  and as thus I am going to protect it as I am biased toward it. By no means will the lore be ruined if it isn't included, but it's something I want to see, and so I'd like to defend it. ;~;

In my eyes, it isn't really something that they shouldn't be able to do, because of the way they work and what they are. It's much like hacking off part of your arms and handing them to somebody else, so they can reach farther... Only more magical. Sure, they wouldn't be able to use it like you could, but they can still sort of use them, if they concentrate hard enough and do enough flopping around. It's like how a wight can enter another's body to experience mortal sensation again, only rather than the spirit benefiting from the exchange, it is the host. I suppose the big "why" point I have is why they need to split themselves to do so.

I suppose if they allow their entire being into a person, it would be treated like a haunting, and the host would fight back? That's another thing I'd need some help with, right there. They wouldn't be able to hijack people or anything like that.

Oh! Maybe it would require concentration for them to do so, and if too much of themselves is given to the recipient, it would negate it entirely, because the part left behind would need to be conscious enough to enact the gift, therefore causing them to simply return to a whole.

...This is really the biggest iffy part of the lore, I think, but it's also one of the parts I personally like the most. To me, it gives cultures more of a reason to respect and ritualize their local forest spirits and so on, and opens up for a unique relationship between the sidhe and a whole variety of people.

...But like I said, it's not integral to anything. The whole thing won't fall apart if it isn't included.

11 minutes ago, Teaspoon said:

I Realy like this idea!  definitely needs to have some sort of qualifications and restrictions.  You have my support, what that's worth you can decide. ;)  

Sorry for the double post again. Like I said, I can't edit. :c

I'm all for them having qualifications and restrictions. This is something that I feel shouldn't necessarily have a cap, like sprites and ents, but rather some other restriction to keep the population in check. Something to prevent those who are just "Eh, that'd be pretty fun I guess." from detracting from the value of those who take it seriously, and of course something to prevent those who don't know how phantoms and druidic magic works from stumbling into something they weren't prepared for.

Just now, TheCritsyBear said:

Sorry for the double post again. Like I said, I can't edit. :c

I'm all for them having qualifications and restrictions. This is something that I feel shouldn't necessarily have a cap, like sprites and ents, but rather some other restriction to keep the population in check. Something to prevent those who are just "Eh, that'd be pretty fun I guess." from detracting from the value of those who take it seriously, and of course something to prevent those who don't know how phantoms and druidic magic works from stumbling into something they weren't prepared for.

Maby a strict set of  RP rules to keep powers in check? Also about the splitting bit, perhaps this cold only be limited to higher druids, through deep meditation one could literally "Becoming one with the Aspects."  But only for a brief period of time. 

I'd like to note, I'm still active on this- I just don't like bumping my own posts. This isn't dead or anything, I've just been politely waiting for questions or a response from lore land.

This lore has been Denied.

Unfortunately, we felt that the basis for this lore doesn't quite make sense. It might make sense for them to actually be lesser spirits beneath the nature spirit than how their existence is described, and could achieve the same thing.

There's also some skepticism regarding whether or not these would end up being played much, and if they were to be played actively, if they would actually be roleplayed properly. Given that this lore is largely meant to provide more roleplay to druids, the lack of widespread support among druids (at least visibly here) brings into question if it is in fact wanted. That being said, if it were widely desired by the druidic community, this could be reconsidered.

Thank you for your submission and best of luck in the future!