[Re-Submission] The Aspect Stones

Sky

So Delmo did tell the Elder chat about it, and no new lore was ever presented. Just because we want lore to be better doesn't mean we make the artifacts disapear, Tsu or whoever was in the right to transport the items around and roleplay with them. It never came as a problem because it was never used on anything that would have big consequences until used in the plague. You might think the LMs monsters of lore, but we aren't. We waited, what was it, 2-3 years for your lore since the time I made the post saying that any and all lore that wasn't given to us would not be accepted anymore, time which I received no lore for the druid stuff. You guys knew it wasn't enough it seems from what Delmo just told you, you guys didn't make a rewrite. Now we're asking for one again, and I'm helping you in understanding the current problems of the submitted lore. Use my comments and make the lore better so that it may be accepted.

Can you read?  Or do you in the spirit of Lore team tradition like to nitpick at specific areas without looking at the whole thing? It says in that screenshot that I personally got with her and she thought it was handled.  No, she didn't get a response in Elder Chat because I contacted her privately which as you can see in the screenshot I reminded her about and she remembered.

We got the message that all lore needed to be submitted.

We submitted that lore.

The lore was "denied" by the team and not one team member bothered telling US so we could even defend ourselves or try to rewrite it so that a year later we have to deal with this **** again.

People tell me to get off my high horse alot but in the spirit of hypocrisy step back with your high and mighty **** we have complied with every request the lore team has made thus far.  Every single one.  If you were around when it was denied you are responsible for the situation we are in right now.  Not a single Druid is.  Because as you can tell from one of the Druid LMs in that screenshot she thought it was handled and accepted.  The Lore Admin was running events with us for the stones (not menarra, but Tsuyose).  We continued on thinking that, somewhat naievely, the lore team had improved to the point that they could actually tell us when they reached a decision about something.

Let me be perfectly clear.  We are submitting our lore in good faith and we are making edits for it in good faith. For something that already exists and is quantifiable in character. The edits I am making are in conjunction with Benboboy's council and if this lore is denied after the fact, if the lore team actually has the audacity to try to ban it we will not acknowledge your decision and the GMs can ban the entire body of Druids because we will default to our original stance, mainly the lore team can kiss our ass.

Sorry for the salt but it's like a ******* broken record with you guys.  

Take my comments with that good faith, and use it to better the lore. I see no reason to keep the talk we were on in this thread.

4 hours ago, Jistuma said:

- If yes, how much force is needed to separate them?

They've been separated before. It took an Iblees nuke to do it.

- What kind of visions are received? Can any druid receive them? How will this be controlled?

I really don't see the reason to completely outline every single detail with druidism that could possibly happen. I can understand wanting a bit more clarification on the stones themselves, but visions vary from person to person. The best part of druidism is its flexibility. There's such a wide range of things you can do with druidism because of how its structured. I could write a full-length novel entailing everything you could do and barely scratch the surface because nature is just so varied. Nobody wants to sit through a thousand-page document reading over all the possible things you can do with it. That just robs you of the creativity to come up with something clever. It's a vision. It's flavor. All it would create is character development. OH NO, NOT CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT.

Redlines here would obviously include things like moongazing. That's stomping on other magic's toes, which I do not and never will appreciate. I don't feel they should be exact details either, they should be symbolic and spiritual visions, not Druid used Future Sight! Druid foresaw an attack! Or if it was going to be a sort of glimpse into things to come, it would be very foggy and difficult for the druid to interpret, like a vision of what may be, not what will be. Like if X doesn't happen, here's a vision of what will occur, but not like... explicitly stated. Just tiny images that would be up to the druid to figure out what they mean.

- You're seriously saying that a dark mage can't do magic in their vicinity, and dark creatures start having huge amounts of pain? Please add details as to how much is stopped.

They're unnatural beings. The stones are, in essence, an embodiment of perfect balance created by the very aenguls that created the balance. They're walking corruption, going directly against nature in the case of ghouls as an example. However, I would say that it should only block certain dark magics or certain aspects of dark magics, rather than blanketing over all of them. Necromancy would definitely be blocked from causing corruption or taint within the radius entailed in the post by the OP. Their tethers would also operate at roughly half capacity within that radius, as the stones would be drawn to correct the damage that was being done within the radius. I think at most Frost Witches would feel about the same as ghouls would within the range. I'm not sure how their magic works. Same with Shades, just feel sick around the stones. Although passing on their shade-ness should be more difficult within the range, as again its unnatural. Blood mages would probably be fairly unaffected. Same with Soul Puppeteers, though curses should be weaker within the range. Does not outright stop them from creating the soul connection or inflicting curses. Ummm... Fi magic is technically voidal, so they shouldn't be affected either. Although I think a Fi mage should be able to temporarily stop them from regenerating energy expended, but not outright block them from using the energy they already have pooled inside them. I can't think of any other dark magics off the top of my head.

- How much are the powers of the druids enhanced by being near the aspect stones?

I figured it'd be like a larger version of a fairy ring. Like... advance by a full tier instead of half a tier though. If already T5, just treat it as if a T2 druid was powersharing with them.

- What happens if someone tried to break them? What is necessary to break one?

- What happens if a stone is broken?

- Will a new stone be created if another is broken? If yes, how?

I believe in the OP it was explained what would happen if a stone was moved to the void or the nether, being that they'd dissolve and reform in the real world. I think if they were shattered it could create some very cool RP if the shards then scattered (limit that to a set number that powerful druids would then receive hints as to their location for little events, I don't want to go on some wild goose chase for seven shards or more. If I wanted to do that I'd play Sonic, not LotC) and had to be gathered and brought to the remaining stones to reform and remagnetize. That would prevent them from being lost as well as give the ET a few easy events to do should a stone actually be shattered.

That being said, already stated that it took an Iblees nuke to separate them before, so we're taking direct aengudaemonic influence to destroy them. These are aengul-forged artifacts after all. If they're made by an aengul, I personally don't feel that anything short of another aengul could break them, and that goes for any such artifact.

- How much power do the stones have, and how long do they take to recharge?

I would say each would have a stagnant energy pool of two T5 druids apiece for a total of the equivalent of 6 Ariks (Congratulations, Song Druid. You are now a unit of measurement). That being said, I think 48-72 hours would be a fair recharge time assuming all three were entirely drained of their energy. So roughly raid cooldown.

- Can any stone be corrupted by any powerful dark being or combination of them?

Already answered by Arik, but I'll state it in a bit more detail. No. For reasoning, see aengul-forged artifact argument in the last paragraph. These are directly tied to the Aspects themselves. Even if a corruption was attempted, the inherent nature of the stones would be to rebel against the corruption and purify it. It would create a paradox.

And that's my /2cents

6 minutes ago, Eranikus said:

I really don't see the reason to completely outline every single detail with druidism that could possibly happen.

No, I mean it another way. You don't need to detail everything about the visions, but you need to say something about it. "Any druid can receive visions, visions are generaly about X, but if things are bad, they can be about Y. Powerful druids see more than Weaker ones, only druids, not dedicants can see the visions. If someone that isn't a druid touches them, this happens" Just something to work with instead of just "They get visions"

7 hours ago, Jistuma said:

No, I mean it another way. You don't need to detail everything about the visions, but you need to say something about it. "Any druid can receive visions, visions are generaly about X, but if things are bad, they can be about Y. Powerful druids see more than Weaker ones, only druids, not dedicants can see the visions. If someone that isn't a druid touches them, this happens" Just something to work with instead of just "They get visions"

Otherwise those abusive assholes will manipulate the lore so they can recieve any kind of nature visions they want. they might even vary the visions based on the situation. fuckers

thank you jistuma for protecting the community

Jistuma raises a very valid point. Every other magic and magical artifact does this, you don't get to be the exception. I'm not sure where this mindset of 'if we bash the LT enough they'll be forced to implement our lore' came from but trust me, it isn't going to work. We're not asking you to write a novel - we're asking you to clarify on the limitations because yes, otherwise it could very well be blow up into a serious issue later down the line.

To be frank, I've had enough of the toxic attitude. If this snarky "LT can kiss my ass" attitude continues then as a matter of policy, lore submissions, no matter how detailed and perfect, are going to be denied. All of you, I don't give a **** how mistreated you feel, how cruel past LMs have been to the druids, since my time as lead I've seen nothing but maximum hostility, minimum cooperation. If this continues, there won't be any lore to argue over - kicking and screaming isn't going to get you what you want. I'm not bluffing, if lore submissions are going to become more trouble than they're worth I'll be nipping them at the bud.

Just now, Benbo (Wretched) said:

-snip-

Yes, let's nip a lore piece in the bud when it's not even the OP arguing on the thread. When in fact the OP is trying to work with all the different suggestions being made. Seems like a good plan.

4 minutes ago, Corvoo said:

Yes, let's nip a lore piece in the bud when it's not even the OP arguing on the thread. When in fact the OP is trying to work with all the different suggestions being made. Seems like a good plan.

Hence the reason I didn't mention it being this lore in particular. This is simply a very recurring theme. But thank you for allowing me to clarify that regardless.

Just now, Benbo (Wretched) said:

Hence the reason I didn't mention it being this lore in particular. This is simply a very recurring theme. But thank you for allowing me to clarify that regardless.

All I'm trying to get across, and without being hostile is this: The OP, Sky, is working with all the feedback both negative positive and neutral on this thread. I know because I've been approached asking to help as well. He is taking Jistuma's posts seriously. I too find the bitching back and forth on the thread ridiculous, should just be done somewhere else quite frankly. But please, don't deny the lore because of the ones bickering. Things are still being modified, and worked on. I've seen valid points raised, certainly.

I too assisted a lot with this lore before it was posted. Believe it or not I want to see it accepted, personally.

Man, these people are so lucky, I wish I got actual feedback from LMs instead of a flat deny/accept without any lists of potential improvements cough cough this arguing is ridiculous cough cough. 

On 6/18/2016 at 0:41 PM, Benbo (Wretched) said:

I too assisted a lot with this lore before it was posted. Believe it or not I want to see it accepted, personally.

Indeed! 

Also, updated. 

The Aspect Stones have always been a great object to have for the Druids, and provides entertaining rp for all those involved in the events with them, and this gives more reason for them to come back.   a great big +1

On 6/17/2016 at 9:24 PM, mitto said:

I do believe that Aspect Stone should be brought back but I think the lore needs a bit more clarification and explanation imo

On 6/17/2016 at 9:25 PM, Heero 阴 said:

I agree with my other half

Clarification, and explanation, comes when the parts that need said are told. As Jistuma did, and how I tried my best to give clarifications, and explanations. Also, it's incredibly cute seeing you two back one another up, will we see date pictures soon? You know the ones, in those little photobooths.

On 6/17/2016 at 11:30 PM, Space said:

Is this just a copy paste of the google doc? If so, can we please not write it like an in character tome, but rather a piece of lore with intense detail?

Not entirely, it's a re-written but it has the basis, as I said in the first post it's entirely off of Jamie's work. As for how it's written, well, we all have our writing styles and to be fair, the original piece was like that and I didn't want to stray too far from it, that it could be considered my attempt at plagiarizing a work.

Sorry for just now getting to these.