Darkreavers

excited

7 hours ago, aerialkebab said:

These aren't common creatures. They're not going to be played by retards, don't you fear. The point of this lore entirely is aesthetic, not material gain. On one hand, it depends -- good characters fear things. If it happened to my character in that kind of circumstance he'd go "****" because he'd give in to fear and panic and likely realize there was a **** up and maybe he wasn't so empowered as he thought. Fear and pain changes somebody, no matter the creature. 

That doesn't change the fact that they can still do what I described in my earlier post.

You're wrong, only in the circumstance that a Witch didn't know magic before being cursed. Their body is frozen in the state it was when it was living.
So I'm only wrong in a particular circumstance, and I'm right in the other.

I'm a Necromancer. I know this. My point is it depends on the point of view regardless because it can still be justifiable by some and considered evil by others. A matter of perception.
You're contradicting yourself; you said there was no way to justify it earlier, and thus that was what I was arguing against.

It's both a matter of balance. The soul is what holds magical connections or abilities, that's why Necromancers can't raise a Mage's corpse and use its magic without raising them instead as a sentient being, a Lich, which holds either a soul shadow or an actual soul, I'm still unsure. I believe it's an actual soul.

And that answers my questions on why their dark magic abilities are lessened by Darkening... How, exactly?

You're right, Liches have souls.

That not all evil entities have to be undead and can be more Death Knight esque. 
That has nothing to do with my original point, being "The Arch-Drakaar being the only thing able to make one of these was exactly my point as to why the one extra dark-sided goal it provided was limited. "

Difference is Wights are undead, these are living beings. These're not undead transcendants, They're Reavers, creatures spawned from dark magic and dragon blood who have the capability to reach the pique of mortality instead of being a withered husk of somebody. Reavers do need to eat, just not at the same intervals as the common person. I didn't include their dietary habits for the sake of not making the piece convoluted, but there's very few circumstances where a character eats anyhow. 

But that's beside the original point that my post was countering, being "That makes them "evil" no matter how justified. ", in regards to some Transcendents having to drain. I merely mentioned Wights not having to drain, which you apparently interpreted as the main component of my argument and decided to counter.

They can acknowledge that they are long lived at the max, no further. 

Then put that in your lore if you haven't already.

I don't think you realize the scope of what holy magics and aurum can do, along with the debilitating mental strains and limits on magic. A quick warrior could drive an aurum weapon into the crook of a Reaver's armpit during a fight or a cleric could light them on fire -- holy flames feed on either taint or soul-bould afflictions deciding on the magic sect (i.e. Ascended and Tahariaens). These creatures may very well end up hunted constantly, that's enough to warrant them being somewhat strong.

A quick warrior could attempt to stab them in the armpit, and be easily dodged as that's incredibly hard to do. That's hardly a weakness, anyway, if armpit-stabbing or its like is the only way you can go with gold.

Holy magics, as you say, will be able to floor them; but how many characters on the server practice offensive holy magics compared to those with gold weaponry? One lesser-seen counter doesn't suddenly make something balanced.

Just because these creatures-- all five or six of them, as you said before you edited one of your posts-- can't be given all of these strengths merely because they might be hunted.

Just before now I told you that Azdromoth isn't the only one capable of making these. It's not rocket science, while it has some complications it's rather simple from an ooc standpoint. It's just a matter of whether or not the LT would open up these as being able to be created by other Dragonkin. 

If that's the truth, then edit your post to include this. 

You're wrong. It again depends on whether or not they learned after they were cursed. Let it be noted Frosties have five kinds of magic they're open to and Reavers would have three, one masterful, two adept all from one pool of Dark Arts such as Mysticism, Blood Magic, Necromancy, and Soul Puppetry and Shade. All of those are plenty to find a good power set. 

Well then I'm only half-wrong, which means I'm also half-right.

You also said these couldn't learn Shade.

...Not to mention you countered that one point of mine twice, in two different parts of your post.

You've given the implication constantly with "un-unique un-unique un-unique." These're balanced, as well. Frankly, you don't seem to realize that these things aren't immune to normal weapons like most other dark beings are, it's a potent path for those who want to be disguised as normal people while also being able to hold their own in martial combat. 

Un-unique isn't the opposite of cool; but let's not argue over semantics.

And when you say most other dark beings, you're not factoring in Gravens, Dreadknights, Paleknights, Darkstalkers, Liches, Ghouls, dark mages in general, Wights when possessing a body, and Harbingers to an extent.

It's a potent path for dark mages aligned with the Arch-Drakaar who want to be disguised as a normal person while also being able to hold their own in both martial and magical combat. Extremely limited as well as powerful.

5 hours ago, Toodles78 said:
14 hours ago, aerialkebab said:

These aren't common creatures. They're not going to be played by retards, don't you fear. The point of this lore entirely is aesthetic, not material gain. On one hand, it depends -- good characters fear things. If it happened to my character in that kind of circumstance he'd go "****" because he'd give in to fear and panic and likely realize there was a **** up and maybe he wasn't so empowered as he thought. Fear and pain changes somebody, no matter the creature. 

That doesn't change the fact that they can still do what I described in my earlier post.

You're wrong, only in the circumstance that a Witch didn't know magic before being cursed. Their body is frozen in the state it was when it was living.
So I'm only wrong in a particular circumstance, and I'm right in the other.

I'm a Necromancer. I know this. My point is it depends on the point of view regardless because it can still be justifiable by some and considered evil by others. A matter of perception.
You're contradicting yourself; you said there was no way to justify it earlier, and thus that was what I was arguing against.

It's both a matter of balance. The soul is what holds magical connections or abilities, that's why Necromancers can't raise a Mage's corpse and use its magic without raising them instead as a sentient being, a Lich, which holds either a soul shadow or an actual soul, I'm still unsure. I believe it's an actual soul.

And that answers my questions on why their dark magic abilities are lessened by Darkening... How, exactly?

You're right, Liches have souls.

That not all evil entities have to be undead and can be more Death Knight esque. 
That has nothing to do with my original point, being "The Arch-Drakaar being the only thing able to make one of these was exactly my point as to why the one extra dark-sided goal it provided was limited. "

Difference is Wights are undead, these are living beings. These're not undead transcendants, They're Reavers, creatures spawned from dark magic and dragon blood who have the capability to reach the pique of mortality instead of being a withered husk of somebody. Reavers do need to eat, just not at the same intervals as the common person. I didn't include their dietary habits for the sake of not making the piece convoluted, but there's very few circumstances where a character eats anyhow. 

But that's beside the original point that my post was countering, being "That makes them "evil" no matter how justified. ", in regards to some Transcendents having to drain. I merely mentioned Wights not having to drain, which you apparently interpreted as the main component of my argument and decided to counter.

They can acknowledge that they are long lived at the max, no further. 

Then put that in your lore if you haven't already.

I don't think you realize the scope of what holy magics and aurum can do, along with the debilitating mental strains and limits on magic. A quick warrior could drive an aurum weapon into the crook of a Reaver's armpit during a fight or a cleric could light them on fire -- holy flames feed on either taint or soul-bould afflictions deciding on the magic sect (i.e. Ascended and Tahariaens). These creatures may very well end up hunted constantly, that's enough to warrant them being somewhat strong.

A quick warrior could attempt to stab them in the armpit, and be easily dodged as that's incredibly hard to do. That's hardly a weakness, anyway, if armpit-stabbing or its like is the only way you can go with gold.

Holy magics, as you say, will be able to floor them; but how many characters on the server practice offensive holy magics compared to those with gold weaponry? One lesser-seen counter doesn't suddenly make something balanced.

Just because these creatures-- all five or six of them, as you said before you edited one of your posts-- can't be given all of these strengths merely because they might be hunted.

Just before now I told you that Azdromoth isn't the only one capable of making these. It's not rocket science, while it has some complications it's rather simple from an ooc standpoint. It's just a matter of whether or not the LT would open up these as being able to be created by other Dragonkin. 

If that's the truth, then edit your post to include this. 

You're wrong. It again depends on whether or not they learned after they were cursed. Let it be noted Frosties have five kinds of magic they're open to and Reavers would have three, one masterful, two adept all from one pool of Dark Arts such as Mysticism, Blood Magic, Necromancy, and Soul Puppetry and Shade. All of those are plenty to find a good power set. 

Well then I'm only half-wrong, which means I'm also half-right.

You also said these couldn't learn Shade.

...Not to mention you countered that one point of mine twice, in two different parts of your post.

You've given the implication constantly with "un-unique un-unique un-unique." These're balanced, as well. Frankly, you don't seem to realize that these things aren't immune to normal weapons like most other dark beings are, it's a potent path for those who want to be disguised as normal people while also being able to hold their own in martial combat. 

Un-unique isn't the opposite of cool; but let's not argue over semantics.

And when you say most other dark beings, you're not factoring in Gravens, Dreadknights, Paleknights, Darkstalkers, Liches, Ghouls, dark mages in general, Wights when possessing a body, and Harbingers to an extent.

It's a potent path for dark mages aligned with the Arch-Drakaar who want to be disguised as a normal person while also being able to hold their own in both martial and magical combat. Extremely limited as well as powerful.

Half of this is turning into an argument -- no they couldn't be easily dodged that's not how fighting in armor works bro. Shades can become Reavers but Reavers can't become Shades, this is because the soul changes that prohibit taking on parasites or curses from external sources. if a Shade becomes one, their soul was already infected and the parasite (the Shade itself) conflicts with these changes. It's not a matter of "might" be hunted they are going to be hunted. Look at the amount of clerics and co. and then tell me there's not plenty, not any old joe will be able to win any kind of fight, much less with a Reaver, by hacking and slashing like an idiot. That's not how combat works all the time.

No, they can't act like like they're immortal with the knowledge they'll somehow be miraculously revived. 'Pseudo' = misleading, sham immortality is longevity. I won't edit my lore post and make it convoluted for the sake of expressing every tiny tidbit but there will be other updates that clarify that at the very least.

No, I didn't say the drain was evil nor did I agree with you that it wasn't. Tell me, is cannibalism evil? Are the circumstances surrounding survival through cannibalism evil? Let it dawn that it's all opinionated, not all people feel it's "justifiable" even if you or me do. 

I notice you mentioned how the process of making a Darkreaver is exhausting to a Drakaar/Dragaar. How exhausting is it? Is there a limit to how many times they can do it before just... Not being able? And if there isn't a limit, what would prevent a Drakaar from creating an army over time? I know there won't be very many of these, but I am asking from a hypothetical point.

1 hour ago, Mephistophelian said:

I notice you mentioned how the process of making a Darkreaver is exhausting to a Drakaar/Dragaar. How exhausting is it? Is there a limit to how many times they can do it before just... Not being able? And if there isn't a limit, what would prevent a Drakaar from creating an army over time? I know there won't be very many of these, but I am asking from a hypothetical point.

It's not necessarily exhausting, but it's tedious and requires lots of focus. It's also good to keep in mind that despite this, the in-character reason as to why more couldn't be created over time is simply that most candidates from an RP standpoint would die from the experience unless an LM approves the individual, if there's too many, an LM won't approve it. The process is very temperamental. 

Locked and under review.

Your lore has been denied. PM myself for any questions or concerns regarding the topic.