[✗] An RP purpose for Ruined Potions?

Elvrohir Aureon

Just had a thought, decided to post it here to see if anyone else liked it.

Ruined potions are, to an alchemist, inventory clutter. Right now I assume most of us just drink them to empty the bottles so we can refill them with water and try again. 

Perhaps some properties can be given to these ruined potions. I was thinking that drinking ruined potions might make one a bit more resilient to some forms of magic, but on the downside, are extremely addictive, and debilitating if not consumed regularly. 

I was just wondering, is anyone else interested in this sort of effect from Ruined Potions? Would we be allowed to RP this?

Perhaps this goes against some lore, I do not really know much about magic on this server, but thought I'd propose the idea just in case. 

Ruined potions are meant to be ruined potions. There not meant to do anything, especially as they're mechanical they would not effect RP.

I agree with the two above me, even if they are non-Valor plebs. A ruined potion that has a purpose such as giving resilience against magic is no longer a ruined potion, it's a magic resist pot. It would not make sense for a lot of people trying a ton of alchemy recipes to end up with the same results as the one you're suggesting.

Ruined pots are beautiful the way they are, stop trying to pot shame them. -1

Even though ruined potions do serve a purpose, That purpose of course being a failure for the alchemist, There is obviously a problem. Nobody with some brain in the lil' head would drink a potion that's ruined. I wouldn't, atleast. It'd be perhaps poisonous, or blinding, or causing Hallucinations. ((Did I type that right?))

If you won't make these ruined potions a material of some sort, make them un-drinkable.

This lore has been Denied.

Ruined potions are potions which were done incorrectly, and they have no effects due to the plugin used. It would make no sense for a ruined potion to give positive effects. The effects if someone drank a ruined potion in RP would probably be very bad. Poisonous most likely, but most people would be able to tell it's bad.