The Aegean Academy

Tegrof

Ye, I'm not very worried, just wanted to make sure what was the case. It will be bannable if someone tears it down. I think we can wait for protection.

Vinny, that was posted before I spoke with you. Also, they cannot rollback unRegioned areas. Also, I'm not QQing, I'm just worried for their hard work.

Aye Gms have rolled back my unregioned base in the wilds twice now after heavy griefing.

You are worrying too much Wolfie ;)

Zyn, what is your in-game name?

We need to decide on a time for a staff meeting. Can you guys be around in-game at 20:00-22:00 (GMT+1) tomorrow Friday?

Great work on the theater Ebs! I love it! I got some ideas for seating in there.

Zyn, we need the bookcases now ;) We starting to build our library.

Some heavy and dirty work has to be done in the cellar. Most dirt and sand has to be gone.

If you need private chests, tell me here and I'll make them for you.

Botany house has to be moved. It obstructs the school too much :S See if you can terraform below to the right, of the school entrance, by the water. Terraform dirt there.

Very nice Zyn. Be sure to drop in as much sugarcane you want as fast as possible.

Who made the botany house?

I was working on it, as well as the theater. I will move it.

Name: Gulik Shortbeard

((In-game name:)) Cosmic_Cowboy

((IRL age)): 18

Who are you?: I am a mountain dwarf raised under the tutelage of a great human general. I have commanded armies and contributed to the military academic community. I had already started writing a textbook on Military Science, Strategy, Tactics, and Leadership before I had even heard of such an academy ((seriously, check the Art of War thread on minecraftforum.net for posts by Locke_Erasmus. That's me :))). I plan to be heavily involved in the Clan of the Black Axe, but I greatly wish to contribute some of my knowledge to this wonderful academy. Perhaps I could come in periodically and give lectures.

Which job and subject/s are you applying for?: Professor of Military Science, or part-time as a guest speaker.

What are your past experiences that can strengthen your chance to get the position?: I have been tutored in this subject since I was four years old, and I have over five years of command experience. ((I actually do know what I'm teaching))

What are your thoughts on The Aegean Academy? It sounds like a wonderful idea. Certainly a perfect application of my talents.

What can you help out with besides being a professor?: I'm not bad as an engineer, and I have a very good understanding of defensive architecture, if that helps at all.

Just thinking:

It seems that with all the different plots being debated we could have multiple campuses.

How long are courses expected to be? Some them seem like they would last around five minutes, including introduction, dismissal, and homework (efficient sand mining?).

One campus is pretty much the only alternative. Too much running around and no organization. You can find the current academy by the city of Aeriel.

((Oh, THE Art of War thread, that one I have read. Isn't that Valerius_Maximus who wrote it? Or have you wrote your own?))

One campus is pretty much the only alternative. Too much running around and no organization. You can find the current academy by the city of Aeriel.

((Oh, THE Art of War thread, that one I have read. Isn't that Valerius_Maximus who wrote it? Or have you wrote your own?))

No, that one. I was thinking of writing my own, but I decided that it would be better for everyone to combine mine with Val's. I post a lot of my original material, and he adds a lot of it to the OP. At the moment, there's only one section directly credited to me, but soon there will be more. I'm posting that textbook section by section so he doesn't go crazy. I'd say I'm qualified to teach the average Minecraft player something about the Art of War.