The Aegean Academy

Tegrof

I take it that the academy is nearing its completion? I hope it all goes well!

No, that one. I was thinking of writing my own, but I decided that it would be better for everyone to combine mine with Val's. I post a lot of my original material, and he adds a lot of it to the OP. At the moment, there's only one section directly credited to me, but soon there will be more. I'm posting that textbook section by section so he doesn't go crazy. I'd say I'm qualified to teach the average Minecraft player something about the Art of War.

((I see, very nice to have you with us. I look forward to eventually see you in-game. I think you should try to develop a sense of how combat works on LotC, so you can implement your PvP knowledge in it.))

I take it that the academy is nearing its completion? I hope it all goes well!

It is closing into a basic completion, so to say. We need quite much more cobblestone though. Any help would be wonderful!

((@Sting:

Definitely. That's how I plan to spend my time before the academy gets finished.))

Another thought I forgot to add earlier, is that we should consider noise when we build the academy. We don't want adjacent classrooms to be within earshot of each other if we can possibly help it.

((I should go to bed now. It's 4:20 a.m. here! Goodnight!)

I have some cobble. I can go to the mines and get much more! ((maybe we could meet ingame and I could give you some? I tried to visit it once, but ebs and I got lost, and I had to log))

While I am much anticipating the opening of the Academy for my own education, I would like to propose a partidular course that I feel is a growing concern. Basic Diplomacy. The course would be four classes on a different race each time, a guest representative from each race coming in to help run the class (preferably someone of high standing). It would give a quick history of the race, specifically events that would affect their relationships with other races, and go on to explain mannerisms and personality traits that are sometimes lost in translation to the inexperienced. As well as being an opportunity to workshop difficult conversations and conflict resolutions it would be a good opportunity to meet important people in Aegis.

I hope you like this idea as I feel it is highly necessary, particularly as the need to forget our differences and unite against the undead rises.

While I am much anticipating the opening of the Academy for my own education, I would like to propose a partidular course that I feel is a growing concern. Basic Diplomacy. The course would be four classes on a different race each time, a guest representative from each race coming in to help run the class (preferably someone of high standing). It would give a quick history of the race, specifically events that would affect their relationships with other races, and go on to explain mannerisms and personality traits that are sometimes lost in translation to the inexperienced. As well as being an opportunity to workshop difficult conversations and conflict resolutions it would be a good opportunity to meet important people in Aegis.

I hope you like this idea as I feel it is highly necessary, particularly as the need to forget our differences and unite against the undead rises.

Good luck with that friend! The orcs, I know for a fact, would frown upon this idea. I doubt anyone could get enough cooperation from the othr nations to make this possible.

((RP:))This seems interesting. I was very well educated as a child and I would like my son to be too. He will probably be a student here someday, but I want to teach him fighting skills first.

I wouldn't expect anyone to know this, but LotC was designed with racial combat in mind. The amount that Orcs and Dwarves have become chummy is a concern, and so therefore I would like it if the Academy was to release some bad diplomats, who can incite racial tensions once more...

((@Sting:

Definitely. That's how I plan to spend my time before the academy gets finished.))

Another thought I forgot to add earlier, is that we should consider noise when we build the academy. We don't want adjacent classrooms to be within earshot of each other if we can possibly help it.

((I should go to bed now. It's 4:20 a.m. here! Goodnight!)

The classrooms I have right now is quite far from each other. But the complex itself is too small to have that in the calculations. ((For 1.9 it could be something we can take in though, since I believe we might get some attention from the Devs, and maybe get a good spot on the new map, dedicated for the academy.))

I have some cobble. I can go to the mines and get much more! ((maybe we could meet ingame and I could give you some? I tried to visit it once, but ebs and I got lost, and I had to log))

That would be highly appreciated my friend.

All this is included in the history classes. Diplomacy classes will be more about meeting the higher up people and diplomats to talk about how you work with diplomacy and stuff like that.

((This is an OOC thing I stand for: We should not try to unite the races against the undead, more than they already are. We need race vs race tensions on the server for the sake of RP.))

My good Sir,

I was wondering when can we look forward to being able to enroll, and for possibly how much?

We need to make some organization fixes, before doing that. But I just came up with an idea. Check back soon.

we could develope our academy it's own sports.

lets say, for example, we build a fenced off area in the wilderness, which is built for team combat.

then some specific rules, as to how people are ruled off the game.

ranger matches would work by first or two hits rules you out for example. then, you wear weapon off and leather armours to point out your not in game any more, and exit immediately. before that shouting "out" to clarify others. maybe even have possibility of coming back to the match by going to the spawn area?

we could even build walk ways above this sort of sports combat for people to observe by.

the goal could be many different, for example, capture/defend the outpost, extermination, destruction, and so on.

before the match, teams would wit each other by building their areas to best of their abilities. or, by using pre-built settings.

this would also be beneficial for those studying how to build these sort of things, as for all students participating it or watching it.

-Valikor

Possibly. But right now, we are not a combat training facility. It could be something worth thinking of once we hit the new map.