The Aegean Academy

Tegrof

Ummmm.... Fawkes the Academy is not a military school. We aren't trying to oppress our students, just to teach them skills. Our aim isn't to scare people out of the school.

I know. But my character is an old soldier- old habits die hard. Also, things like the cane were commonly used in those days.

I kind of like his idea of being a harsh teacher for the sake for RP. But if we are to let you be a teacher like that, you can't go too nuts and make students hate you and leave.

I agree. I'll be akin to Mr. Gilbert from the Inbetweeners, a complete t**t, but not so much that they hate hate me.

Does this mean I'm accepted? :P

Haha , Yeh you never said if me or Fawkes was accepted :P :D :D

(Errr- So I guess I'm kicked out of my own Idea?)

What do you mean? You will surely still be in the lead of the project, unless Sting is attempting to overthrow you. No. that is too much drama for so soon.

I think this idea is a masterstroke, and I would very much like to be a part of it. I will post an app BUT I just want to throw my ideas in too:

- Magic Classes?

Magic is not out yet, and probably won't be for a while. But I am a strong believer in RP magic. e.g *The Mage raises his hands, and the book flies off the desk and into the bookshelf*. If this were to become a subject, I would apply immediately for it.

- Law Classes?

This could be RP for server commands, villain apps, bans, griefing and whatnot.

Anyway, just my ideas. This sounds like a great and unique project, and I would be happy to lend a few minas to it.

- Dralen

-

Name: Saviticus Treebeard

((In-game name:)) Saviordude

((IRL age)): 16

Who are you?: I am a forest dwarf in 'is early 200's. From an early age I love ta read anything I could get me wee little hand on, and I would spend much time among the scholars trying to pick up some of their knowledge. Eventually I got a job at tha Kal'Urguan cathedral as the librarian, and it was my time spent looking fer new books that led me onto me true calling, the druidic arts. After much time spent studying, I finally attained tha title of druid. My goal realized, I now look fer something to occupy my time, and yer academy looks like just tha thing!

Which job and subject/s are you applying for?: Professor of Botany or Professor of Doctoring, preferably the latter.

What are your past experiences that can strengthen your chance to get the position?:Well, I'm a druid, so I know a few things about plants. I know the different types, and what they can be used for. Also all druids are taught medicine, so I will be able to teach Doctoring quite well.

What are your thoughts on The Aegean Academy? It seems to be a well-thought, and much needed. Too many people are uneducated these days.

What can you help out with besides being a professor?: I can help with any gardening you may need, and any healing. I can also write textbooks and such. ((And when druids get magic, I will be able to fend off any attacks that may occur))

Name: Saviticus Treebeard

((In-game name:)) Saviordude

((IRL age)): 16

Who are you?: I am a forest dwarf in 'is early 200's. From an early age I love ta read anything I could get me wee little hand on, and I would spend much time among the scholars trying to pick up some of their knowledge. Eventually I got a job at tha Kal'Urguan cathedral as the librarian, and it was my time spent looking fer new books that led me onto me true calling, the druidic arts. After much time spent studying, I finally attained tha title of druid. My goal realized, I now look fer something to occupy my time, and yer academy looks like just tha thing!

Which job and subject/s are you applying for?: Professor of Botany or Professor of Doctoring, preferably the latter.

What are your past experiences that can strengthen your chance to get the position?:Well, I'm a druid, so I know a few things about plants. I know the different types, and what they can be used for. Also all druids are taught medicine, so I will be able to teach Doctoring quite well.

What are your thoughts on The Aegean Academy? It seems to be a well-thought, and much needed. Too many people are uneducated these days.

What can you help out with besides being a professor?: I can help with any gardening you may need, and any healing. I can also write textbooks and such. ((And when druids get magic, I will be able to fend off any attacks that may occur))

Mr. Treebeard is a fine druid and a good keeper of plants. I encouarge you to accept him for your benefit and his, as I woild like him to gain experience teaching.

- Arch Druid Petyr

Some Ideas for the school

Archery room for target practice

Gym for combatting and such

quick question: when are we going to be accepted or denied? Also, if the actual school is under construction, I'd like to know where it is to help out!

Engineering would definitely be redstone heavy, hopefully we could get an expert who can do all kinds of cool stuff and teach it to you.

Ok, I was just curious. The thing was, I wasn't looking to be taught, if anything, I might look into teaching. Thanks for the answer as well!

I know. But my character is an old soldier- old habits die hard. Also, things like the cane were commonly used in those days.

I agree. I'll be akin to Mr. Gilbert from the Inbetweeners, a complete t**t, but not so much that they hate hate me.

Does this mean I'm accepted? :P

Haha , Yeh you never said if me or Fawkes was accepted :P :D :D

I will review all the application soon enough. I wish to give everyone a chance to get part of this and it should not be "first to take the spot".

(Errr- So I guess I'm kicked out of my own Idea?)

What do you mean? You will surely still be in the lead of the project, unless Sting is attempting to overthrow you. No. that is too much drama for so soon.

I never intended to do that. But right now, you are actually mostly moaning about not being in the project, instead of helping out with ideas and work (or asking what to do?). I only have that much time right now so because I'm not talking to you doesn't mean anything...

I am looking to talk to Lord Murmillo of Aeriel to have our school there. If we get enough popularity, location will not mean anything. What we will do is that we will populate the city/area we will be located at, which is much for a not-so-local city.

No, I am working on things that aren't horribly obvious on the forums but believe me, I'm working. I just wish people ran major Developments by me BEFORE, posting them, Via a PM or otherwise.

This is a great idea!

It needs some fighting classes though.

Also, I would like to know what money we would be talking about for the courses?

No, I am working on things that aren't horribly obvious on the forums but believe me, I'm working. I just wish people ran major Developments by me BEFORE, posting them, Via a PM or otherwise.

What major developments would that be? I haven't taken any decisions that wasn't there before. About having the academy in Aeriel is currently the must sane and obvious offer we have got so far, since Tac64 is a maniac and Sunspear won't look good. I thought that was already established... Also, why not tell me what you are doing so we can get that clarified?

@Peraldon, we might add fighting to it as in a Hunting course. But this is not an army camp, so primarily we won't have fighting classes.