The Aegean Academy

Tegrof

How much money will we be looking at for a course?

About money I don't think we will demand payment for taking a course. If we are going to do that it will be a minimal sum. A tip in form of money or maybe materials will bring us a long way towards what we need, but at this point we should consider if demanding payment for a course is the right way to go.

However, for more advanced courses, where a teacher might have developed literature or very advanced curriculum, I think pricing a course is more sane. But right now, I don't think that those basic courses will require a payment.

Sting, is there no classes in business? I think Alex Banjamin would be a great teacher for business.

There should definitely be courses in business and mercantile. I think it is a good approach to get teachers, to go and ask specific persons if they wish to be a teacher. At least we might get guest lecturers.

[EDIT] Business and Mercantile has now been added as a course!

The first curricula is now finished. It involves Zyn's "Basics of Aegis"-ish idea of a curricula that is a great way for new players to get introduced on how things work on LotC as a server but also what the world Aegis is.

We are now looking for teachers for this specific curricula, since I think this will be a very good start for the academy. Even though the school itself is not built, teachers can start to come up with a well thought out curricula for the chosen subject. See the first post for more exact details.

Sting, have you seen the Library in Lunavara? It would be great if you drew references for books and such there. The library is quite the collection.

Sting, have you seen the Library in Lunavara? It would be great if you drew references for books and such there. The library is quite the collection.

Not yet, but I know that we will use libraries as partners and co-workers in this.

I have visited it many times, and am collaborating with the head of the library. I am building a counterpart library in Laurelin, which will have all of the books from that library located very locally.

I have visited it many times, and am collaborating with the head of the library. I am building a counterpart library in Laurelin, which will have all of the books from that library located very locally.

Sounds great. I can without a doubt say we appoint you as head librarian on the campus library, *smiles*

Ok Sting, Let's see. The Curriculum, (It's good, But i would like to, know in advance) Also, We haven't spoke to The high prince about the Academy. Also, With the Headmaster position it shouldn't be "Applied" for,It should be given to those who have done so much. As for what I've been doing, I have been gather necessities, and looking for Investors. I've been thinking about A New addition to the school that I've kept HushHush, Due to the fact I haven't discussed it with you.

Perhaps we should find a time we can all be on this weekend, and set up a skype conference.

Ok Sting, Let's see. The Curriculum, (It's good, But i would like to, know in advance) Also, We haven't spoke to The high prince about the Academy. Also, With the Headmaster position it shouldn't be "Applied" for,It should be given to those who have done so much. As for what I've been doing, I have been gather necessities, and looking for Investors. I've been thinking about A New addition to the school that I've kept HushHush, Due to the fact I haven't discussed it with you.

I don't get why stuff has to be hushhush? It's not that we are a secret organization. But ok.

Regarding the curriculum, it was up long time ago by Zyn, which you approved of already back then. The headmaster position should be able to be applied for, but noone said it would be easy to get. Someone with the right credentials, the right experience and the right application could get it as well as someone that did most of the work up until now. I don't see myself as a headmaster, rather one starting the project.

Perhaps we should find a time we can all be on this weekend, and set up a skype conference.

Sounds great. I can attend pretty much all day tomorrow I think.

That'd be good with me, Also Sting, I don't want to get peoples hopes up. (Even though I'm not sure they would like it much) Also, on a Random train of thought, We need to hire A guard, The Academy has been getting Threatened(oocly), And I'd like to be ready for anything.

That'd be good with me, Also Sting, I don't want to get peoples hopes up. (Even though I'm not sure they would like it much) Also, on a Random train of thought, We need to hire A guard, The Academy has been getting Threatened(oocly), And I'd like to be ready for anything.

Mate, relax. I don't get why you think threats can work on us. We will have a protected area to work within, where there might be people around. We also have support from probably everyone that is sane, including the different nations (even if they don't know of us yet). If someone threatens us we can make sure everyone get's to know of this "threat".

This is not about getting peoples hope up: we need a good headmaster that can run the school. Why should we not look for one? It's not that we will pick first best. I consider no one being a headmaster yet, including me and you. We should make applications and all that as much as anyone and being good professors, have experience etc. etc. You and I are merely managers right now.