[Lore Sub] Shadow Fiends.

OzYmandi

The document is too good so I'll just leave the link here.

Comments are to be made here, though.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15V3Q45vJ-NzdNnbLM1j-s-dyVZ282SvyQENPr1FDMhc/edit

Now, just reading the first few paragraphs of what Shadow Fiends are... Is that not already what an apparition or poltergeist is? Down to the feelings of unhappiness and coldness. The powers of the first two, too, do very little that those two spooks can't already do.

I dunno if that'd actually be a problem, though, considering we have lots of overlap in the dark side of things anyway. Dreadknights, Paleknights, Muscle Liches, Spook-flavored Muyakelg can all do the same things, just with different flavors ( and to be fair, different niche powers ). It's still worth thinking about.

32 minutes ago, TheCritsyBear said:

Now, just reading the first few paragraphs of what Shadow Fiends are... Is that not already what an apparition or poltergeist is? Down to the feelings of unhappiness and coldness. The powers of the first two, too, do very little that those two spooks can't already do.

I dunno if that'd actually be a problem, though, considering we have lots of overlap in the dark side of things anyway. Dreadknights, Paleknights, Muscle Liches, Spook-flavored Muyakelg can all do the same things, just with different flavors ( and to be fair, different niche powers ). It's still worth thinking about.

Yea, I thought of the similarity to poltergeists and apparitions, but I thought they brought the uniquiness that is having an actual corporeal form and being able to interact with the world, unlike ghosts/apparitions/poltergeists.

You say given a soul, is this a soul shadow? ;)

1 minute ago, Evocress said:

You say given a soul, is this a soul shadow? ;)

Nice joke.

But no, an actual soul, if you're asking for real lmfao.

I really don't understand the logic. Where do these things come from? Are they powered by something? Are they just natural phenomena? 

9 minutes ago, Brazilianski said:

Nice joke.

But no, an actual soul, if you're asking for real lmfao.

I was being semi-serious but now you have curiosity. 

Here is the current lore for souls:

Soul Link 1

Soul Link 2

To run down:

1. A Superior soul is what the descendants(including Kha)/Dragons/Other Intelligent beings have. This soul has a soul blueprint.
  2. A Lesser soul are usually beasts, creatures and various things. They do not have a soul blueprint.
  3. A shadow soul are what creations have, be them undead, homunculi, ext. Usually creatures that are affected by gold. 

What soul would you put the category of these shadow fiends?

21 minutes ago, Evocress said:

I was being semi-serious but now you have curiosity. 

Here is the current lore for souls:

Soul Link 1

Soul Link 2

To run down:

1. A Superior soul is what the descendants(including Kha)/Dragons/Other Intelligent beings have. This soul has a soul blueprint.
  2. A Lesser soul are usually beasts, creatures and various things. They do not have a soul blueprint.
  3. A shadow soul are what creations have, be them undead, homunculi, ext. Usually creatures that are affected by gold. 

What soul would you put the category of these shadow fiends?

Lesser Soul.

23 minutes ago, Ankathia said:

I really don't understand the logic. Where do these things come from? Are they powered by something? Are they just natural phenomena? 

Huskers and Stalkers are Natural phenomena, as they can or cannot happen from a site where a mass killing or a barbaric accident happened (I.e.: Shadow Fiends from Johannesburg Explosion)
If by powered you mean their composition, they are mainly composed out of ectoplasm.

I can tell you right now its not getting accepted while it only exists as a google doc.

Please suffer the forums lack of formatting ability if you would like to be reviewed.

I thought it said "shadow friends" and they were friendly shadows, I'm dissapointed ;/

I dunno... it seems way to similar to a Graven/Apparition hybrid form to really deserve its own lore segment. I appreciate that there are subtle differences, but the added complexity of having yet another of these ghost-like beings exist in lore just doesn't feel justified for he few tweaks you get from it.

Maybe the Haunter can work if written as magic addition lore for the Necromancy/Mysticism branch of things.

On 28/10/2017 at 12:51 PM, Sporadic said:

I dunno... it seems way to similar to a Graven/Apparition hybrid form to really deserve its own lore segment. I appreciate that there are subtle differences, but the added complexity of having yet another of these ghost-like beings exist in lore just doesn't feel justified for he few tweaks you get from it.

Maybe the Haunter can work if written as magic addition lore for the Necromancy/Mysticism branch of things.

It's an honest question...

If I do speak with the LM's of Necromancy and Mysticism and actually post a magic addition binding Mysticism and Necromancy to create something, would the LT take time to actually read it because I think that a Mystic-Necromancy hybrid is different from, say, a wraith re-write. I've been getting a lot of people sayin' that 'Oh no, you won't get accepted, wraiths just got a re-write and LM's are gassing Undead apps'.

So, I'd like to know if the LT would consider that addition.

Danke.

On 29/10/2017 at 5:03 PM, Brazilianski said:

It's an honest question...

If I do speak with the LM's of Necromancy and Mysticism and actually post a magic addition binding Mysticism and Necromancy to create something, would the LT take time to actually read it because I think that a Mystic-Necromancy hybrid is different from, say, a wraith re-write. I've been getting a lot of people sayin' that 'Oh no, you won't get accepted, wraiths just got a re-write and LM's are gassing Undead apps'.

So, I'd like to know if the LT would consider that addition.

Danke.

Well we would read it. I myself have made it my task to read and review every single Lore Submission, as you can probably tell.

Can I guarantee anyone would vote Yes? Of course not. I don't even guarantee I would vote yes I dont even get a vote on magic stuff. However, magic additions recently have had reasonably high acceptance rates, so it's certainly possible. Perhaps PM someone from the Magic Sect first with your concept.

6 hours ago, Sporadic said:

Well we would read it. I myself have made it my task to read and review every single Lore Submission, as you can probably tell.

Can I guarantee anyone would vote Yes? Of course not. I don't even guarantee I would vote yes I dont even get a vote on magic stuff. However, magic additions recently have had reasonably high acceptance rates, so it's certainly possible. Perhaps PM someone from the Magic Sect first with your concept.

That gives me a lot more confidence to go about and write it. For now, I'll self-deny and put down the Shadow Fiends to actually sit down with an MT from both Necromancy and Mysticism and have the Haunters written, if possible.

Thanks for the help.