What kind of stealing is Ok?

Ttsim

Hi hey hello! So I just came back after 2 weeks of being sick, (I’m still alittle sick) and I was coming back to my house only to realize that all of  my books had been completely stolen off of the shelves. When I initially put them there it was on the day I was falling sick, and I didn’t end up locking them as I ended up just putting them there and deciding to log off and go to bed as I had a migraine, which ended up being, you guessed it, a fully fledged sickness.

By the time I got back, all of my books had been stolen except for one. The entire front of my house (Save for the upstairs) is locked, and i’m POSITIVE that my door was locked. There was no sign/RP that had shown that my books were stolen, nor anything of a forced entry. Thankfully my chests were locked but honestly I’d rather have those and my bookshelf locked as It took me a long time to collect all those books. 

I can only guess that someone decided to break into my house and try and take my things, only ending up managing to get my books and nothing else as all my other things were locked. I did end up not being able to pay my taxes and did have a warning sign (No eviction sign) posted up, and I’m going to try and fix that issue later on.

I’d like to know if this kind of thing is allowed, where you can steal someones items without having to RP it/place a sign that lets the owner know that their item has been stolen while they were away.

Maybe this was just a misunderstanding and my books were taken for me not being able to pay my taxes (I live in Curon) Or maybe they did RP it and they just didn’t leave a sign.

Either way, I’d like to know that if someone did end up entering my house and taking my books without actually RPing it, is that okay? Or is it not okay.

Thanks, and sorry if this didn’t make sense, I am still kinda sick.

Edited by AlaSol

They did /breakdown on your locked door to open it more than likely.

And I’m pretty sure you can steal things without placing signs, but don’t quote me on it.

/smash to break the door and as long as you rp taking it you don't HAVE to leave a sign.

nah you don’t have to place a sign to rob an unlocked container

that’d be like having to placing a sign whenever u take stuff out of it urself 

lock your bookshelves

§1.12     Unlocked chests may be taken from freely.

Folks can indeed take from your chests if they aren’t locked, so I recommend doing so with any and all containers you own. I also recommend locking all means of entrance, such as fence gates and more.

Remember to still roleplay your attempts and actions. You must have a valid reason for said actions. For example do not simply do /smash without proper roleplay leading up to said action and you do not just break windows to break windows.

This still applied to the thief, especially so if you live in a settlement and your neighbors were robbed. You could always ask a moderator to ensure proper breaking and entering RP occurred as far as the locked door is concerned, but there’s otherwise nothing stopping the person from robbing your house if you’re offline.

I recommend checking the Breaking & Entering section under the Server Rules to make sure you’re covered for the future. Item frames for example can’t be stolen by a random thief, but only in a heist.

3 hours ago, Bisscy said:

Pretty sure you have to leave a sign saying the door was broken into.

nope, that was before when we didnt have the /smash plugin