UmbreScye

The Mali'thill Tavern

Posted (edited)

W2P15Kn0XedNeHK-m8EwiH_Xmgp8-mG9JXfEZc6BTWaDAWywmuSfjvMnw83m4nzdhm0wUc4DNSvzeFqVZ0n1kMoKE9-T8Bhw6J8-Equ_XAs5qc90NYKz8RTTsnj9baMjsHnRsTRT

The Silver Tavern

9th of Malin’s Welcome, 1727

[!] A missive was nailed to the quartz pillars of the Silver Tavern, a wax seal of the Visaj Talonnii at the bottom of the parchment looked rather elegant. 

"Karin'ayla, Ker'ayla, my dearest Mali'thill,

On this fine elven year, Uppori Visaj is looking for new bright 'thill to work and attend to the tavern. As I will be busy attending my duties to the blessed Diarchy as the Medi'ir for all sorts of affairs, I will need many 'thill at the tavern bar. Fortunately, there are spots available for co-owning the Silver Tavern, where you will be allowed to host all sorts of events without needing my approval. The Okarir'tayna expresses this privilege with great caution and expertise and may be contacted for help managing events in the tavern. However, back to the topic at hand when applying for a position at the tavern.

At this very moment, I will be locking the tavern door to ALL former employees. Aspiring employees will be required to fill out a form that can be found in the bookshelf by the bar to keep your spot as a server or cook. This work is mainly volunteering, however, you are permitted to keep tips from guests and minas you earn while selling goods. Tavern workers and owners will often take trips to the farms to pick up supplies if needed. We may prepare, or order, special varieties of wine to expand our collection of alcoholic beverages. Expressing your own creativity with your meals and drinks is highly encouraged.

The tavern will be gaining a new menu and will be looking for creative input while adding new additions to the tavern. The tavern will also be expanding, opening up the lower floor and balcony once more for festivities. As an employee, you will be allowed to aid Uppori Visaj in the decorations and building! The following positions are available to apply for:

[Co-Owner] [Silver Chef] [Silver Bartender] [Chef] [Bartender] [Waiter/Waitress] 

=-=-=-=

Current Roster

Tavern Keeper, Uppori Visaj [Droppu]

Silver Bartender, Goan Aldin [SinAmongUs]

Silver Chef, Cinh’llytn Len’irrin [Korus_Prime]

Chef, Alluin Miravaris [Arachne_07]

Waiter, Ryngwen [rogue_empress]

Performer, Rinaedith Lae’rinsyr [Rhuyne]

=-=-=-=

Now, you may ask, how can a 'thill apply? Simple, waiters and chefs are to fill out a specific form Uppori Visaj will provide. You must also pick an appropriate date to obtain this interview. The roles are self explanatory, though the most notable positions is the Silver positions. These positions will be leading a team of bartenders/chefs during important events, as well as allowing their own specialties be featured on the menu. Applicants that do not live within the Silver State of Haelun’or will be forced into trainee position, and are expected to become citizens soon through submitting a book. Every elven month, there will be an opportunity for a promotion. However, Silver Chefs and Bartenders will gain the special privilege of competing to gain co-ownership. There will be an annual Silver Cook-Off, where the winner will gain co-ownership of the tavern. If this specific co-owner is found to be irresponsible and not tidy, they will be kicked back down to waitress/waiter.

[!] You will find this form on the counter, next to the old menu's. Please take one!

=-=-=-=

Silver Tavern Form:

[OOC]

Please answer this portion OOCLY.

Discord: YourIGN#1234

Preferred time of interview: 

Example RP: 

[ROLEPLAY]

Please answer this portion IRPLY as your character!

Name:

Race, and are you a citizen of the Silver State?: 

Preferred position: 

Why should you get this position?:

=-=-=-=

I look forward to your attendance in the tavern, and I will schedule an interview immediately. Please make sure to leave a note with the form by the bar, so I may contact you immediately.

Sincerely,

Tavern Keeper, Uppori Visaj”

[[ Thank you for the picture @puffyduck!!! ]]

Edited by UmbreScye

Discord: KeyLime#1447

Preferred time of interview: Any normal time EST

Example RP: WHERES THE LAMB SAUCE? ITS RAW!!

[ROLEPLAY]

Name: Delnir Shefixa

Race, and are you a citizen of the Silver State?: Helf and yes

Preferred position: Chef/ Cook preferably head

Why should you get this position?: Because I’m already a chef and starting an academy for aspiring chefs soon.

37 minutes ago, KeyLime17 said:

Delnir Shefixa’s Application

[ROLEPLAY]

[!] A letter with the Visaj Seal would be found in your mailbox, the wax being a calm sky blue color. Upon unfolding this envelope, the letter would be written in neat handwriting on a silky white piece of parchment paper. 

”Dear Delnir Shefixa,

Karin’ayla, Ker’ayla. Your submission for a ‘Chef’ position has been declined, because your current examples of previous work is inadequate for the position requested. If you wish for a trainee position please find me during tavern after hours, and I would be more than happy to assess your skills in person. This involves slowly moving up the ranks, and earning a ‘chef’ position through hard work. Please find me during tavern after hours, and we will assess your skills accordingly for your trainee level position.

Sincerely,

Uppori Visaj

13th of Malin’s Welcome, 1727.

[!] The letter would end with her signature, and a stamp saying: ‘PENDING, Please find and consult Uppori Visaj for information.’ 

[OOC]
If you want to talk about taking a trainee level position, please privately message @UmbreScye on the forums. I will speak to you privately on why your application was denied for chef level work as well. Thank you for applying!

Discord: giambroof#0268

Preferred time of interview: Whenever

Example RP: “Karin’ayla, llir, how may I assist you today on this fine day? What beverages or food would you like to inquire about today?”

[ROLEPLAY]

Name: Alas Aldin

Race, and are you a citizen of the Silver State?: High Elf and yes

Preferred position: Bartend, waitor, or sous chef 

Why should you get this position?: Because I like to cook in real life and I want to help the tavern with as much knowledge as I can. I feel it would enhance my role playing ability and it would be really fun/ interesting!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, giambro said:

Alas Aldin’s Application

[ROLEPLAY]

[!] A letter with the Visaj Seal would be found in your mailbox, the wax being a calm sea green color. Upon unfolding this envelope, the letter would be written in neat handwriting on a silky white piece of parchment paper. There would be a bronze pin within the folds of the envelope as well, in the shape of a dove.

”Dear Alas Aldin,

Karin’ayla, Ker’ayla. I would like to congratulate you on your acceptance into ‘Waiter’ position, however your request for ‘Sous chef or Bartender’ have both been declined until we speak about it in person. Waiter work is something I am sure you can handle, and I will personally assist you during your training the first elven week. If you wish to pursue bartending, I highly recommend that you take the waiter position and begin trainee work under Goan Aldin, our Silver Bartender for an elven month to pursue such position. However, if you also wish to pursue the ‘chef’ position, I require that you come and display your skills to me during our interview. I am currently looking for a Silver Chef, and it would be wonderful if you compete with Goan Aldin for the position through a tasting contest. However, this may be discussed in person as well. Ahernan, and please present me this bronze pin and letter during your interview.

Sincerely,

Uppori Visaj

6th of Sun’s Smile, 1727.

[!] The letter would end with her signature, and a stamp saying: ‘ACCEPTED, Please send a follow up letter with a date of interview.’ 

[OOC]
Please privately message @UmbreScye on the forums. I look forward to seeing your chef RP skills, so make sure you message me soon so we can get this all set up!

Edited by UmbreScye

[OOC]
Discord: Valus#4690

Preferred time of interview: Any time I don't like sleeping

Example RP: *Klad would stumble over to the counter, his weight pressed into the counter as he stared straight down at the ‘thill. He would lift his stone arm and gently push a cup in front of the guest, an eerie expression was seen from his unmoving face. “GUEST-WHAT-D-O-YOU-REQUEST?”

[ROLEPLAY]

Name: Ka Klad

Race, and are you a citizen of the Silver State?: Golem, Yes

Preferred position: anything is alright

Why should you get this position?: I can learn anything by just seeing it one time

8 hours ago, GodmodeGolem said:

Ka Klad’s Application

[ROLEPLAY]

[!] A letter with the Visaj Seal would be found in the vicinity of the Golem, the wax being a calm sky blue color. Upon unfolding this envelope, the letter would be written in neat handwriting on a silky white piece of parchment paper. 

”Dear Ka Klad,

Karin’ayla, Ker’ayla. Unfortunately I have never met a construct asking for a job at the tavern, nor am I ultimately considering to allow such into the tavern. However, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and I will agree to at least hear you out if you truly wish for work. Your application’s reasoning that you can mimic abilities after seeing it once is quite new to me, and I am very interested in how you were able to achieve citizenship within the Silver State. You may come to me to request the ‘Waiter’ position, and I must think over any other position in the future. Ahernan.

Sincerely,

Uppori Visaj

24th of Sun’s Smile, 1727.

[!] The letter would end with her signature, and a stamp saying: ‘PENDING, please speak to Uppori Visaj for more information.’

[OOC]
Please privately message @UmbreScye on the forums. [ Or msg me on discord ] For why your application is on pending, and to make an interview date.

[OOC]

Discord: victoria6747#6784

Preferred time of interview: Preferably in the morning, I am in PST

Example RP: Daerine bounced up to the counter with a bright smile on her face. She brushed off her apron and looked to the patron across the counter. ”Karin’ayla, what can I get for you, llir?”

[ROLEPLAY]

Name: Daerine Elibar’acal

Race, and are you a citizen of the Silver State?: High Elf, yes

Preferred position: Bartender/waitress

Why should you get this position?: I enjoy speaking with people and I’ve always liked making drinks.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Vic said:

Daerine Elibar’acal’s Application

[ROLEPLAY]

[!] A letter with the Visaj Seal would be found in your mailbox, the wax being a calm sea foam color. Upon unfolding this envelope, the letter would be written in neat handwriting on a silky white piece of parchment paper. There would be a bronze pin located inside of the letter, one in the shape of a dobe.

”Dear Daerine Elibar’acal,

Karin’ayla, Ker’ayla. This letter would like to congratulate you on your acceptance into the ‘Waitress’ position, as well as your trainee position as ‘bartender’. I would like to see your skills when waiting tables, and taking care of guests first before allowing you to fully take on the Bartending position. Due to this, you will be allowed to practice with the Silver Bartender Goan Aldin, who is an expert with all sorts of liquor filled drinks. Ahernan for applying, and I will see you in the Tavern soon.

Sincerely,

Uppori Visaj

5th of The Deep Cold, 1727.

[!] The letter would end with her signature, and a stamp saying: ‘ACCEPTED, please schedule an interview date.’ 

[OOC]
Thank you for applying, I will get back to you soon!

Edited by UmbreScye

Posted (edited)

=-=-=-=

Silver Tavern Form:

[OOC]

Please answer this portion OOCLY.

Discord: I’d prefer not to have it on the forums, I’m in HERP with you, anyways.

Preferred time of interview: Preferably afternoon or evening EST.

Example RP: Cinh turns to his trusty pastry board, sprinkling flour over it with a quick flourish of his hand. He rolls up his sleeves before reaching back into the sack of flour momentarily to coat his hands, then quickly reaching into his mixing bowl and pulling from it a glob of yet-to-be kneaded dough. Cinh slaps it down onto the cutting board quickly, setting into kneading it firmly with both hands. This carries on briefly before he emerges from his battle with the dough, apron now smeared with flour, a ball of dough sitting in front of him. He places a thin cloth into his mixing bowl before returning the dough there, wrapping it up in the process. The mali finishes by placing his dough in a chilled place for storage.

[ROLEPLAY]

Please answer this portion IRPLY as your character!

Name: Cinh’llytn Len’irrin

Race, and are you a citizen of the Silver State?: Mali’aheral, and yes.

Preferred position: A Chef position, of some sort, preferably.

Why should you get this position?: I have been cooking for most of my roughly two and a half hundred years of life, and I was previously the primary proprietor of the tavern of our blessed city in Axios.

=-=-=-=

Edited by KorusPrime

5 minutes ago, KorusPrime said:

Cinh’llytn Len’irrin’s Application

[ROLEPLAY]

[!] A letter with the Visaj Seal would be found in your mailbox, the wax being a calm crimson red color. Upon unfolding this envelope, the letter would be written in neat handwriting on a silky white piece of parchment paper. There would be a bronze pin located inside of the letter, one in the shape of a dove.

”Dear Cinh’llytn Len’irrin,

Karin’ayla, Ker’ayla. This letter would like to congratulate you on your acceptance into the ‘Chef’ position. Your skills are quite impressive, and I look forward to seeing you work in the tavern. We are also looking for a ‘Silver Chef’, so I hope that we may discuss the possibility of you ascending to such position in the future. For now, I request that you come see me immediately so I may fully assess your skills, and I look forward to your cooking. Ahernan for applying.

Sincerely,

Uppori Visaj

9th of The Deep Cold, 1727.

[!] The letter would end with her signature, and a stamp saying: ‘ACCEPTED, please find Uppori Visaj.’ 

[OOC]
Thank you for applying, I will get back to you soon! [Also np, if you’re in HERP discord it’s all good. You can also just pm me on the forums haha. I don’t leave my discord account public for the same reason. It’s to make sure that I have another way to contact you.]

Discord: Arachne_07 #4565

Preferred time of interview: Between 19h-0h (CEST), any day except for Sunday

Example RP: *With a gentle, slightly proud smile he hands over his freshly cooked dish to the waiter "Here you go, serve it to the customer while it's steaming, yet fresh!" Depending on the amount of orders, he'd eihter go back to preparing food or curiously look around the tavern to see the guests enjoying the meals.

[ROLEPLAY]

Name: Alluin Miravaris

Race, and are you a citizen of the Silver State?: High Elf, Yes

Preferred position: Chef or Waiter

Why should you get this position?: My travels have brought me knowledge of food and dishes from all different cultures, which I like to prepare and share with other people, mainly other people of my kin. Combining the tastes and smells of several cultures enriches and enhances meals to the highest possible quality, which of course is necessary in the Silver State Tavern. If there is no need for a chef or cook, however, I'd be happy to serve as a Waiter, which will also offer me an outstanding opportunity to acknowledge myself to the citizenry of the Silver State I just returned to.

10 hours ago, Arachne_07 said:

Alluin Miravaris’ Application

[ROLEPLAY]

[!] A letter with the Visaj Seal would be found in your mailbox, the wax being a calm lilac purple color. Upon unfolding this envelope, the letter would be written in neat handwriting on a silky white piece of parchment paper. There would be a bronze pin located inside of the letter, one in the shape of a dove.

”Dear Alluin Miravaris,

Karin’ayla, Ker’ayla. This letter would like to congratulate you on your acceptance into the ‘Trainee chef’ position. I believe your skills will do best in a chef setting, however I do believe that you can train under Cinh’llytn Len’irrin, our Silver Chef. If you wish to do waiting duties as well, you may come find me for tips and lessons on doing well in such environments. Working in the tavern is an excellent way to get the citizenry to know you, and your kind ‘thill heart. Ahernan for applying.

Sincerely,

Uppori Visaj

15th of The Grand Harvest, 1729.

[!] The letter would end with her signature, and a stamp saying: ‘ACCEPTED, please find Uppori Visaj OR Cinh’llytn Len’irrin.’ 

[OOC]
Thank you for applying, I will get back to you soon! You can find Droppu [ME] or Korus_Prime [Cinh] in the times that you can come in. I’ll send you a link to our discord!

[OOC]

Discord: (I’m in the HERP server, my nickname is Ryngwen~)

Preferred time of interview: My time zone is BST/GMT, so I’m not sure what that would translate to in your time zone, but I’m pretty much around on discord most of the time, so I’ll try reply as soon as I can!

Example RP:  Tucking a strand of stray hair behind her ear, Ryngwen neatly wrapped her cascade of silver locks into a tight bun. Fastening an apron around her waist, she set to work in the kitchen. Once Ryn set her mind to something, she would certainly do her damndest to achieve it. A disciplined perfectionist by nature, that was for certain. 

[ROLEPLAY]

A neatly folded letter arrives, with finely intricate handwriting. The paper smells ever so faintly of vanilla.

Name: Ryngwen Moonbrook

Race, and are you a citizen of the Silver State?: Mali’aheral, and yes.

Preferred position: Bartender, Waiter/Waitress, or Chef. (I’m not sure what is required to become a silver chef/bartender/waitress as opposed to a regular one, but I’m more than happy to apply for either!)

Why should you get this position?: Growing up on our family farm, I partook in various jobs, including assisting in helping my parents prepare meals for my brothers. I took great joy in preparing meals, and delivering them to my family, as they expressed their gratitude. I would be more than happy to assist in providing a satisfying meal to any who visited the tavern.