Sign in to follow this  
Burnsider

A Request for Vassalage

To the honorable Thain of Brandybrook, Micah O'Connell,

It is with greatest regret and heartfelt sorrow that I heard of the death of Thain Rollo Applefoot. The Thain is dead. Love live the Thain. I know that it is a time of sorrow in Brandybrook, indeed for all halflings around Arcas, and yet, I find myself reflecting upon words of glad tidings I had wished to exchange with Thain Rollo. Alas that I had not the time to share them with him. As such, I pass on these words to you. 

It is my firm belief that the titles of Thain and Protector of Halflings, both once held by your predecessor, should be one and the same. The Thain should not be Thain of Brandybrook only, but of halflings as a whole. Therefore, I hereby request that the village of Hillsborough receive vassalage under your august title, and becomes a dependent territory with local autonomy still granted to the Mayor, while retaining the suzerainty of this greater halfling state. 

I await your reply and hope that you agree to this proposal. 

Yours in service, 

Fredegar Puddlefoot, Mayor of Hillsborough

“Eh. Oi don’ see why Micah would say nay ter t’is. Nays reasons ter avoid keepin’ us wee folks tergethah ‘n toimes loike t’is.” responds Pervinca Driftwood, making a mental note to tell the new Thain about Fredegar’s request the next time she sees him.

Horren ‘Rosebush’ Bogbelly grinned ”T’at Mica’ ‘as always been a lil bitc’..”  He said filling is wooden pipe with an unknown green substance

A letter in return would be sent directly to the burrow of Fred.

Dear Fredegar Puddlefoot, Mayor of Hillsborough,

Indeed these are new times for the halflings of Brandybrook, and I hope the village will continue to thrive under my leadership as it did under Rollo Applefoot’s.

I firmly believe that weefolk all over Arcas should be united, and therefore I graciously accept your request and recognise the settlement of Hillsborough as a vassal of Brandybrook. I long to see Hillsborough flourish and prosper and wish you the best with this.

Signed,

Micah O’Connell, Thain of Brandybrook