World Team Policy Update November

VonAulus

I mean they’re not requests, everyone knows you gotta hold someone on LotC staff at gunpoint to make them work

15 hours ago, Dardonas said:

can we have a permanent map so that worldbuilding lore actually matters for more than a few months?

I remember the contest for world lore, I had hosted it at one point and got a comission for that. The issue is, the world lore did indeed become canon, but it never became relevant because it couldn’t be used for any scenario and there wasn’t proper knowledge surrounding it. World lore would need to be extensive and involve a storyline or eventline, or else it becomes obsolete lore, and such was the case with all the submissions.

Lore for regions, if anything, should be written before map release and be very short if its not to have anything cool. For example, iblees fields, a place created by the god demon iblees after he farted through a microphone and sent corruption towards the whole world. on this place you can find a lot of old ruins occupied by cultists that hold powerful artifacts that contain shards of iblees farts

these farts can be used as a buffer to roleplay by being relevant instead of a collector’s item that stays on your chest just to be donated at the end of the map because of your oversaturation of 200 items (honestly the reducing of vault size was stupid since no one really uses these items. These items could be labelled as VINTAGE and specify that it became obsolete and can’t be used on roleplay so i could continue to collect items)

Creation of lore for solely one event is a waste of talent, region lore should be directly related to the map antagonist for it to have any effect, and it also needs the potential to have events, being reduced to not every region but a few.

^ Damn, actually pretty damn interesting ^

How much of the world do normal players get to interact with while these guys get to fly around in creative and build whatever they want?

4 hours ago, Wolf Druid Ouity said:

How much of the world do normal players get to interact with while these guys get to fly around in creative and build whatever they want?

What?

@Dardonas @Man of Respect Honestly all the world lore stuff i’ve had the displeasure of participating in has just been beating everyone to make up a page of random bs from just a random screen shot of the map with devs and lore being in no form of communication what so ever. It just turns into a big mess of completely disconnected stuff where half of its useless because the writers don’t even know what there writing for. This map has been the hardest anyone ever tried during my time with Xarkly just strong arming the entire map design (thats more good that bad btw) but all of this detailed history he made up and his narrative just went ??? mode at some point but all the **** thats locked off for that narrative is still locked off so what the ****? Honestly the most influential bit of beat the lore team with a stick and force them to write lore was the time when Zarsies tripped fat balls and wrote about a frog spirit.