[✓] [Alchemy] Liliah's Sludge

Sorcerio

Liliah’s Sludge

“After the tragic passing of Ellie, I decided to get another cat. This one’s name was Liliah and she was a bright orange tabby. Unfortunately, it seems that none of my pets can go a few days without somehow performing some great alchemical discovery. It appeared that Liliah had knocked over some of my test tubes again and gotten stuck in the resulting sludge. Luckily she didn’t die.”

“As I was cleaning up, I found that the sludge was very good at keeping this stuck and slowing down motion of objects moving through them, albeit not keeping them completely motionless. By noting which specific test tubes Liliah knocked over, and picking apart the various other ingredients in there, I was able to isolate each of the necessary materials to recreate such sludge.”

“After I recreated it, I tested it on Liliah and it worked. It’s so nice to have an experiment that doesn’t turn your pets into stone…”

- From the notes of Jessira Duilaine

Overview

In essence, Liliah’s Sludge is a very simple alchemical concoction designed to slow down an opponent’s in combat, though not completely impeding their movement. The sludge in and of itself is harmless, typically used in combat to allow oneself to escape without the threat of their opponent catching up as quickly through may also be used to slow down a moving target.

Effects

Once Liliah’s Sludge makes contact with a person’s feet, it will grab onto the target’s feet, causing them to grow heavier and stick to the ground. This effectively slows down said target, depending on their physical prowess. Regardless, it makes for an excellent distraction or escape method.

Effect Mechanics – Combat

Spoiler

LS slows and inhibits a person's movement upon contact, making whatever it touches very sticky and heavy, sticking to near anything it touches, as well as making anything it touches twice as heavy, slowing it down significantly. 

Guidelines and Redlines:

• LS can be applied to anywhere upon a descendant body, inflating and covering what it touches, prohibiting movement, making the target sluggish. The effects it has on various locations applied are as follows.
  • Should LS be applied to one’s legs, it will slow down the target’s movement speed by three blocks if they are a dwarf, elf, human or smaller race, meaning they can only move six blocks per emote instead of ten. If they are an orc or larger creature, their movement speed is only hindered by two, allowing them eight blocks per emote.
  • Should LS be applied to one’s arms, they will stick to nearly anything they touch, such as a sword or another descendant, making their arm rather heavy and reducing their control upon the contacted object as well.

Effect Mechanics – Non-Combat

Spoiler

LS can be a powerful sealant and adhesive due to its glue-like properties, able to glue even the most resistant and difficult of objects back together. It is a common tool of craftsmen, allowing them to repair broken tools, objects, and even entire buildings with enough of such a powerful substance. 

Guidelines and Redlines:

• LS can be applied to any object in order to glue them together either in a constructive method or to repair them. Until a day has passed since the Sludge was applied, the adhesive will easily be able to be washed away by water or melted away by fire, similar to wax.

Preparation

Like any alchemical concoction, Liliah’s Sludge requires a certain method of creation and the necessary ingredients in order to be made into what they are. The process is often a lengthy one, requiring one to obtain the necessary materials and then create the concoction itself. The process and materials for such are listed below.

Ingredients 

SpoilerIngredients
  • Slug Goo x1
  • Water (Any) x1
  • Earth (Attachment) x1
  • Earth (Impediment) x2

[!] Snail Goo - The Goo of any slug or snail, requiring at least two millimeters.

Process

Spoiler
  1. Take the water and boil it. Once it is finished boiling, add the Impediment symbols to it. This should make it fizz for a little bit.
  2. Mix the Attachment symbol and the Slug Goo together until they make a uniform dark grey, sticky paste.
  3. Carefully pour the Impediment Water into the sticky paste. This will make the paste become much more like putty. Quickly put this into a bottle and you’re set.

Creation Mechanics

Spoiler

Typically each step will require 1-2 emotes. It is possible to make in the middle of combat so long as you can find a suitable and effective way to boil the water.

Distribution Mechanics

Spoiler

LH will always take the form of a grey putty, that is until thrown. Once it escapes its container, it will become more like a sticky foam which sticks to the target’s feet. The effects of this concoction are near immediate if the substance makes proper contact.

Redlines and Guidelines:

• LH is distributed in the form of a putty, put inside a bottle though escaping once the bottle is thrown and likely shattered. 
  • LH cannot be ingested and will simply be vomited back up, preventing it from being used to suffocate someone. 

OOC Explanation

More alchemical submissions are fun, especially combat ones which don’t cause direct harm to the target, making more dynamic and unique roleplay other than simply killing them in a few emotes. Also I was bored… again.

Spoiler

Credit for this Lore

Pundimonium - Author

Yo hold up. How is moving ten meters in one emote not ridiculous? Does it officially say anywhere on the forums that you can move that fast in a single emote? Can you link it to me?

Other than that thing that's probably not related to you, this looks neat. 

Though I would suggest if you get it say on someone's arm or torso it can cause their arms to stick or somrthing. It'd make sense, I think. 

2 hours ago, Demotheus said:

Yo hold up. How is moving ten meters in one emote not ridiculous? Does it officially say anywhere on the forums that you can move that fast in a single emote? Can you link it to me?

Though I would suggest if you get it say on someone's arm or torso it can cause their arms to stick or somrthing. It'd make sense, I think.

I’ve always been told one can move up to ten meters per emote. Also, your idea sounds great so I’ll add it in.

Thank you for submitting your piece! Your piece is now under review and a reply will be given once a verdict has been reached.

This lore is pending, you will be sent a forum PM in the next 24 hours with a list of issues that need to be fixed.

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon. Please note that if this is playable lore, such as a magic or CA, you will need to write a guide for this piece. You will be contacted regarding the guide (or implementation if it isn’t needed) shortly.