Your View - Firearms on LotC

Archipelego

Your View - Firearms on LotC  

482 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in roleplay firearms have a place on Lotc?

• Yes (Comment your reasoning down below.)
    • No (Comment your reasoning down below.)

It could be really interesting, adding a whole lot of possibilities to combat roleplay, especially if they were only things like basic cannons, muskets, etc. Which would make them hard to load, you could problems with water, ammo would be hard to get, and such, making them not too OP for roleplay.

If this was a modded server, yeah I think we could benefit from firearms however LoTC is vanilla server with not even a custom texture pack or tech manpower/plugins to accommodate firearms on the server. Rp’ly I think it would be awesome to have matchlock (PLEASE IF THIS HAPPENS NO FLINTLOCK) rifles but unfortunately this is vanilla MC and not modded or Hytale so it wouldn’t work mechanically for the server. Also, the argument for Mages/Magic vs firearms, there’s no reason why a magic couldn’t obliterate a small pellet aside from Druidism  and a few others but Druidism for example is really more flavor stuff than anything. @Archipelego try it out, see what happens, avoid all the problems Arcane Regulators (Arcane Pistols) had in the past, if it doesn’t work it doesn’t work and can always be removed 🙂 best of luck homie.

Edited by _Sug

29 pages-- bruh. hows this still going tho

If we got this far I might as well comment, I do not like the idea of Firearms for Lotc. It is mostly personal preference.

Matchlocks are cooler than Flintlocks

Alright. I think my comment’s gonna be drowning in this sea of comments, but I still want to share my opinion on this matter.

I don’t think there’s a specific theme of Lord of the Craft. It’s a surprisingly diverse server RP wise and houses RP of many kinds, from nobility to warrior, to cleric RP. So, in turn firearms would be a natural step in technology after a few years, yeah?

Well, maybe or maybe not. But that shouldn’t matter as we have magic and races beyond the human race. Would a firearm really feel out of place? Depends on who you ask really.
But I think what really would be a problem about firearms is that if it’s, say, a matchlock+ type weaponry, it would completely change the CRP because of armour becoming near useless if these firearms are mass produced and available to the public. Even then, if it would be one of these first guns that look like a disproportionate rod of metal;Is Oliver Winchester the inventor of the first firearm? If not, who is? -  Quora 
it would just be another crossbow situation, only more powerful but inaccurate and its reloading demanding time.

I really don’t think firearms would be fitting to be added yet, not till people know how to RP crossbows properly.
I’m just kidding, don’t get mad!