Your View - Firearms on LotC

Archipelego

Your View - Firearms on LotC  

482 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in roleplay firearms have a place on Lotc?

• Yes (Comment your reasoning down below.)
    • No (Comment your reasoning down below.)

i’ve said no because I feel like having large amounts of firearms would make no irp sense in some cases. I wouldn’t mind firearms being existent, but VERY rare and hard to acquire, but as to firearms as common tools, that’s an idea I’m not at all keen on.

1 hour ago, Qaz_The_Great said:

Because the thing you want will be used against the other half of the playerbase.

How? Everyone will have guns. We are not asking for special pvp weapons. We just want to rename crossbows as flintlock pistols etc. This does not change literally anything. It’s just for us to enjoy our niche / theme / genre of roleplay. This literally affects you in no meaningful way.

2 hours ago, EndCallCaesar said:

Firearms would just lead to massive groups turning any CA or ET monster into swiss cheese. There’s no character development in that, it’ll just promote power-gaming. 

More likely the ET monster will just deflect all bullets like they do with everything else. 

And then get turned into Swiss Cheese by one singular mage. 

At least don't ban people for doing a rp duel in which both sides agree to do it using guns!

please give me rep this was a very bad rep farm. i have less rep than the number of pages. please. give me rep.

3 hours ago, Lyonharted™ said:

How? Everyone will have guns. We are not asking for special pvp weapons. We just want to rename crossbows as flintlock pistols etc. This does not change literally anything. It’s just for us to enjoy our niche / theme / genre of roleplay. This literally affects you in no meaningful way.

Adding guns makes all else useless, it would force others to adopt guns. It effects everyone on the server.

10 minutes ago, Archipelego said:

please give me rep this was a very bad rep farm. i have less rep than the number of pages. please. give me rep.

Just make a post confirming that there will be guns tomorrow to gain the rep from one side and then post the next day that there won’t be to get the rep from the other. 

Can’t be making friends in this rep game. 

14 hours ago, Harrison said:

all the people saying ‘guns cant exist in fantasy’ have an extremely slim view of what fantasy can entail

the reason guns are bad is literally because i dont trust the mod team to take an active and smart way at balancing the system for it

anyone remember ggt abusing medeusculors (the magic guns) before and just causing the entire server to go into chaos as people did 1 shot drive bys

4 minutes ago, Qaz_The_Great said:

Adding guns makes all else useless, it would force others to adopt guns. It effects everyone on the server.

As mentioned by previous people in this thread, LOTC has full control and power over the implementation of single shot guns on the server. Therefore, they we can tone down guns to be on par with crossbows. Having a limited producer of guns would aid in the ‘rampant’ usage of them, as you can only use them when you have them in your inventory at the time. One condition of being a gun producer is that you HAVE to demonstrate the proper usage of a gun before sale to be completed. Everyone should then have an idea of how they work, and if they powergame it, they have been shown how they work and so should be punsihed without impunity.

Introducing guns like the introduction of crossbows isn’t what some people here are aiming for, and a regulated gun market on the server could work.

I want a flintlock think thatd be cool

8 minutes ago, Qaz_The_Great said:

It's been repeated at length that guns would be written in such a way whereby that dont outclassed existing magic, bows, etc.

15 minutes ago, Qaz_The_Great said:

Adding magic makes all else useless, it would force others to adopt magic. It affects everyone on the server.

Why does it feel like everyone else just doesn’t want us to have fun

We don’t care about what you do in your RP we just want to kill eachother with flintlocks in 18th century duels 

just make guns reskinned earth evocation l0l if u scared