DylanDeNewb, Two year AMA.

DylanDeNewb

So.. Yeah, Ask me anything, I’ve been on the staff team almost a year so I can probably answer questions about that too.

Current Teams:

Tech – Junior Technician

World – World Management

How do you feel about magic and similar plugins versus strictly emoting magic and similar effects?

whats poppin

1 hour ago, VaelKnightfall said:

How do you feel about magic and similar plugins versus strictly emoting magic and similar effects?

@VaelKnightfall

On the plugin side of magic.. I’m not really *too* keen on it being a thing, mainly being because of the effect it has on server performance, that being that with the amount of particles which could be going at a given time. But also with having plugins doing magic mechanically, it makes less availability to be able to intercept the magic attack being thrown, without going into a complex system to offer those in a certain rage the ability to combat it.  Whereas with theoretical/rp aspect of magic, you can easily incorporate the ability to defend/combat against magic. Though of course the mechanical side of magic is also easier to moderate, though in my opinion roleplaying magic is more effective in terms of simplicity and causing less problems, since with mechanical magic also comes maintaining the plugins and dependencies.

1 hour ago, Nug said:

whats poppin

@Nug

Nothin’ much really, just kinda vibin’ y’know, been developing birds plugin and its a pretty big headache. 

43 minutes ago, TheBelidle said:

How to get magic

@TheBelidle

Get a teacher my dude, how else 😛 (Ly tho lidl)

How have you gotten away with Blatant abuse on the World team over multiple months and then got on the Tech team somehow with all that abuse?