Sign in to follow this  
mateolog

Is this Justice?

Fantasy, medieval, letter, scroll, rolled, post, wax seal icon

[!] A letter to the public from High Chief Karl Blackroot, it reads as follows:

What is the cost of a life? If you are a political figure of the kingdom it is 20,000 mina. That is the cost of a life for those in positions of political power. Despite having benefited from this awful fact, I cannot in clear conscience remain silent when such aristocratic forms of judgement are made.

We need dwarves in the courts that do not take into account the issues the political sphere of the nation is doing, but the will of the law. A dwarf that is not connected to their subrace is not connected to their heritage and will hence forget the common folk. The folk that do not make a big impact politically but are there. Dwarves with rights that deserve to be treated as equal. An act as awful as killing someone can be solved through a bribe to the kingdom? How can the protectors of the Higher Law in Urguan believe this is a suitable punishment? I do not seek punishment for those responsible for the awfully lenient sentence, they did wrong, but they can still learn. Learn to be better. As I contemplated the throne of Hefrumm I wondered. How would people look upon our holy land of Hefrumm when they see its High Chief killing a person. Even if the person was grotesque and morbidly deformed, he was still a carrier of the fire of life and choice, a fire extinguished by my blade. The High Prophet was correct, the countless battles against the inferi and other abominations have left me heartless when dealing with strange foreigners. A fact that shames me every day to the eyes of Belka as she must have guided them to me. I hope she will be able to forgive my actions and those guilty of protecting those that do similar things. If I remained silent about this I feel I would upset Anbella from keeping the objective truth from the world. What happened in my trial was something I would expect from Kaz’Ulrah’s courts, where the powerful are able to escape repercussion.

I will enforce the development of a facility of re-education for dwarves that have been separated from their kin for too long and have forgotten our way, or have never learned them. It would work case by case, and will help these dwarves reintegrate properly with their kin.

I also request that the High Court and the Council of Urguan investigate what happened on the trial, so that they then update the law so that everyone is equal in front of the law.

I also ask for the creation of a process which would allow for judges to be reprimanded if they have failed to fulfill their obligations while making judgement.

Lastly I demand a religious trial to be performed by the clergy, so that a true sentence, a fair judgement can be made.

Let us build a better Nation.

Karl Blackroot, High Chief of Hefrumm.

“Seems ter me t’at t’e court simply wished ter avoid a political upset boi imprisoning, er worse, executing ter ‘igh c’ief for murder.” Gildroc commented with a frown at the deceleration.

“You should not have kinslayed in the first place. It is you who needs to be re-educated first and foremost- the importance of life gifted by Yemekar and to appreciate it. It’s too late to contemplate how wrong your actions were, because the kin is dead and your words would not bring them back. I hope your wrongdoing burdens you until the end of your time, I hope you are reminded of the blood and flesh that fell under you, I hope Ogradhad reminds you everyday. I hope you’ve learned something from this mess and hope you make better decisions in the future.” Bryldryn Grandaxe looks down on the letter with disdain and kicks her tongue before whirling around to mind her own business as usual. 

20 minutes ago, angella302 said:

“You should not have kinslayed in the first place. It is you who needs to be re-educated first and foremost- the importance of life gifted by Yemekar and to appreciate it. It’s too late to contemplate how wrong your actions were, because the kin is dead and your words would not bring them back. I hope your wrongdoing burdens you until the end of your time, I hope you are reminded of the blood and flesh that fell under you, I hope Ogradhad reminds you everyday. I hope you’ve learned something from this mess and hope you make better decisions in the future.” Bryldryn Grandaxe looks down on the letter with disdain and kicks her tongue before whirling around to mind her own business as usual. 

[!] Karl plays his violin for the dwarf they have captive. 

Durorn Ireheart vibes with his Ireheart clansmen, not really caring much for the politics of the nation. 

"Damn oi want universal rights of the dwed kind instead a local one."Thumbrindal grumbles.

He’s right, we should kill him” grumbled an old dwarf.