Jump to content

Settlers of Almaris - Seafarers Expansion


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, ARCHITECUS said:

 

Norland currently has a fast travel route (ferry) from their capital to a vassal settlement (capital_norland to norland_elysium). Much like with Oren's custom map art being removed upon publicization of the feature, it's only fair to remove the ferry or provide free internal fast travels to all other nations so to uphold the rules equally for all players.

@Hiebe

Don't worry Alty! That is a courtesy ferry which is not encompassed in this post. No slights or biases were had to any one nation!

Additionally Haelun'or was given a ferry at the start of the map, and the North/South Ferry was also granted. Those are the only free ferries and were promised pre-map launch to nations.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nickrocky213 said:

Don't worry Alty! That is a courtesy ferry which is not encompassed in this post. No slights or biases were had to any one nation!

Looking forward to that courtesy being extended to every nation. I would hate to see you favour your own nation, as bias is entirely alien to human nature.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ARCHITECUS said:

Looking forward to that courtesy being extended to every nation. I would hate to see you favour your own nation, as bias is entirely alien to human nature.

 

2 minutes ago, nickrocky213 said:

Additionally Haelun'or was given a ferry at the start of the map, and the North/South Ferry was also granted. Those are the only free ferries and were promised pre-map launch to nations.


I additionally wasn't the one that granted the ferry, it was granted to us by World Management before I was even a Tech so :shrug:. Anyways, those three ferries are the only free ferries, they were given as promised. Though in the future people will be able to do intra-travel after we further iron out the kinks in the system.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, nickrocky213 said:

 


I additionally wasn't the one that granted the ferry, it was granted to us by World Management before I was even a Tech so :shrug:. Anyways, those three ferries are the only free ferries, they were given as promised. Though in the future people will be able to do intra-travel after we further iron out the kinks in the system.

 

 

27 minutes ago, ARCHITECUS said:

Looking forward to that courtesy being extended to every nation. I would hate to see you favour your own nation, as bias is entirely alien to human nature.

 

 

Norland AND the Helves were grandfathered ferries for their nation roads. Norland's due to their massively longer travel time compared to other nations and helves for them being on a island. We didn't want repeats of last map's ugly super long bridges in the middle of the oceans/lakes so we grandfathered in no cost ferries that save a couple hundred block traveling to make it the same as other nations who are 3 mins away from their hub.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely wonderful until you consider the cost. 

 

😐

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Hiebe said:

 

 

 

Norland AND the Helves were grandfathered ferries for their nation roads. Norland's due to their massively longer travel time compared to other nations and helves for them being on a island. We didn't want repeats of last map's ugly super long bridges in the middle of the oceans/lakes so we grandfathered in no cost ferries that save a couple hundred block traveling to make it the same as other nations who are 3 mins away from their hub.

And what about the existing faraway vassal settlements which lack the fair courtesy of a free internal fast travel? They are disadvantaged in this case (excluding Haelunor, which is literally unreachable by walking) as the map develops and other nations enjoy their free connections to their own settlements. Places like Haense and Elvenesse are growing expansive without a good method of MC travel to connect them - they deserve a free internal fast travel as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ARCHITECUS said:

And what about the existing faraway vassal settlements which lack the fair courtesy of a free internal fast travel? 

 

46 minutes ago, nickrocky213 said:

Though in the future people will be able to do intra-travel after we further iron out the kinks in the system.

 

>Insert comment about reading comprehension

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ARCHITECUS said:

And what about the existing faraway vassal settlements which lack the fair courtesy of a free internal fast travel? They are disadvantaged in this case (excluding Haelunor, which is literally unreachable by walking) as the map develops and other nations enjoy their free connections to their own settlements. Places like Haense and Elvenesse are growing expansive without a good method of MC travel to connect them - they deserve a free internal fast travel as well.

These were grandfathered internal ferries so players had comparable travel times to Capitals from hubs. 

 

We are not offering fast travels to Athera at this time, please check back in later.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, _pr0fit said:

 

 

>Insert comment about reading comprehension

Read it again? I‘m bringing up the point that certain nations connected by land to their vassals have a free fast travel now while others will have to pay in the future.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ARCHITECUS said:

Read it again? I‘m bringing up the point that certain nations connected by land to their vassals have a free fast travel now while others will have to pay in the future.

 

I see, well then, there is no issue, since neither nation with a grandfathered ferry is connected to a vassal tile.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, _pr0fit said:

 

I see, well then, there is no issue, since neither nation with a grandfathered ferry is connected to a vassal tile.

No one mentioned tiles. It‘s easy to see no issue as someone benefitting from inequality, though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ARCHITECUS said:

No one mentioned tiles. It‘s easy to see no issue as someone benefitting from inequality, though.

 

Its all too true, it is easy to see no issue when you are the one benefitting from inequality. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ARCHITECUS said:

No one mentioned tiles. It‘s easy to see no issue as someone benefitting from inequality, though.

cwVlZuL.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, _pr0fit said:

 

Its all too true, it is easy to see no issue when you are the one benefitting from inequality. 

 

If you don't see a difference between purely cosmetic items like map art (which were, rightfully, taken away) and things with real mechanical benefits (like free vassal fast travel points, which aren't even available to anyone else yet), that's your problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VIROS said:

 

If you don't see a difference between purely cosmetic items like map art (which were, rightfully, taken away) and things with real mechanical benefit (like free vassal fast travel points that aren't yet available to anyone else), that's your problem.

 

its okay to be upsetti spaghetti, I hope you do go back and read the reason why that happened.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...