A Chaplain's Thesis on Patience

Viggen92

In patientia

On Patience

10th of Snow’s Maiden, 1816

Patience is a virtue among the hardest to fully accept, yet it is of utmost importance that we do. Commonly, this is due to the hard trials we are put through by the Lord -- this can confuse some; why would He, who can do so much good, put us through trials where we suffer? It is to strengthen the faithful, to harden us in our faith. Although guidance can be necessary in order to achieve this strengthening, it is one’s own mind that has to be open in order for the strengthening to take place. As written in The Canticle of Patience within The Scroll of Virtue:

7 For I have given you the pains of the world, and I have given you their cure. 8 And you shall know the trials of this theater of virtue, and know that they shall strengthen you.

It may seem hard to keep one’s patience when we are put through the Holy trials, but it is necessary in order to remain true in faith and on the righteous path. The moment one loses their patience, one is set on a dark path towards wrath and envy. The sinful path is not for any faithful Canonist to take, as it brings you further from the Seven Skies.

9 So I am the Most High, and in pursuit of My Virtue, I bid my faithful this: You shall not raise a hand in wrath, nor in envy, nor in any kind of sin.

The Holy trials were instituted to remind us of our humanity, and to remind us of the salvation that awaits us in the Seven Skies where all pain and suffering is replaced by endless joy. God brought upon us all the struggles, but also all the remedies. It is up to us faithful to use our own faith in Him to tackle the struggles -- for the remedy is never far away. Persist in the trials you are set through by Him, and you shall find your faith and soul strengthened. Persist in your faith, and you shall find yourself in the Seven Skies where we all aspire to be.

Written by

Chaplain Casper

Cardinal Gawain Briarwood remarked wholeheartedly to Damien Belcourt, "One of the better writings I have read from an acolyte, but to be expected from a child of Rhen. Focused on the everlasting patience we all ought to have. 'The Beauty of Patience', it should have been called. May the Owynian Priesthood make good use of him!"

Patriarch Alfred, also the Prelate of the Clergy, reads the thesis with a genuine smile, nodding to himself a couple of times before reaching out to put a stamp on the document, "Indeed.. good writing, I must admit !".

Ursula Soreana Vasović, the red-haired Sigismundaroșie, gave a slight chuckle as she read the thesis, and fondly slid a long nailed finger across the name of the author at the bottom of the document. "So, you have learned patience now, Casper. All for the best, as we have grown up and left our tempestuous pasts behind us."

Bishop Agustin-Cordoba overlooked the thesis reclining in his soft Albarosan chair, he swished his San Roberto Tequilla around inside his glass as he did so, he would remark, "Dios es Grande..as is this beautifully written thesis!"