Make Sail for the Dawn [PK]

Sander

Wooden jigsaw Puzzles165 pieces New Russian Boyar before the campaign gift  | eBay
Ser Fiske Vanir, Viscount of Varna
Make Sail for the Dawn

[[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVkD4lgXTEU]]
As he laid on the wooden floor of the ship, staring up at the hot sun above them, Ser Fiske slowly lost sense of his surroundings, consciousness starting to flow out of him just as his blood did. He could but vaguely see the two shipmates standing over him, not really realizing who they were or what they were doing anymore. They were in fact his oldest son, Valdemar and the medic of their crew, looking down at him in defeat and sorrow as they knew he would not survive the journey back home. He'd been attacked by heretics in a foreign land on a trade mission he and his son had embarked upon. A local officer had asked for his occupation, and as he made it clear he was a Monsignor in the Canonist Church among other things the mood had soured, even more so when Fiske had begun preaching the Canon to these foreign men. The retired knight had been badly cut up before they'd managed to get him back to their ship and the situation had looked dire from the start, especially since they had very minimal medical supplies on board. 

Not long after they'd began trying to rush him home to Haense he'd become delirious, asking Valdemar where his siblings and mother were as he wanted to see them. Not that he would have been able to interact with them much; he was already laying down on the wooden deck, staining it with his blood before it dried in the hot sun. For about an hour or so, Fiske quietly murmered a mixture of sailor's songs and religious chants and prayers, staring up at the sky. After such a while, the only sound coming from him anymore were tired and pained wheezes, before he eventually fell silent. He was holding his son's hand as he finally closed his eyes, never to open them again.

The Sea Bows to None:
Ser Fiske 'The Daring' Vanir
(322-370)
knight, nobleman, monsignor,
father and husband

[[OOC: With me taking a break from rp due to a lack of interest and thus being inactive, I thought the time had come for me to pk and move on. Thanks to everyone who rp'd with me on this character, it was good fun! Expect a story about Fiske that I've been working on for months but haven't yet gotten finished to be posted some time in the future!]]

"Oh, Godan! I had a borsa!" Jovenaar Erika Lorena Kortrevich said. The woman had been keeping herself busy with her service to the Aulic Court and the attacks on the
Kortrevichs seat "Erikagrad" in Krusev.
"May he rest in peace." she mumbled before she went on with her work. She hadn't seen him in years and though she would mourn for the loss of her older brother, she sure would get over it quickly.

Juliya Ipera lets out a breath of air as she stands over her fish pond, calming herself by watching the creatures swim back and forth idly. No matter how distant the two were, Fiske's death hit the woman hard, the suddenness of it all smacking into her like a wave on the shore. 

She had always imagined being free, Away from the confines of the relationship that was barely there any longer. She cried.

She cried for a lost friend, for a forgotten love. If only she could have done something to keep him from straying, maybe she could have done something to make him want to be there.. .with her. 

It was too late now, the deed was done. He was gone, without even a simple goodbye. 

All she wanted was to hunt those pesky gnomes with him... that's all she ever wanted to do.

Edited by MotherLay

Ivar Brackish lowers his head in respect of his now late cousin.

Rest well me cousin. Even though I was niet here throughout your rule, I shall be there for your sons. Vu were always the brother I never had. Vu are a true Son of the Sea as a Vanir and Sea Bows to None.

Edited by Legoboy7984

Ser Brandt Barclay awaits his fellow, younger knight in the seven skies with a high five. The man still remembered Fiske from their times in New Reza, the lad being about 10 and full of potential, a good majority of which he appeared to have had fulfilled.

Were it not for Lord Fiske Vanir's gracious hospitality the Metina and by extension Luciensburg may have never existed. Vasiland will always be the first place that showed us kindness. -RdS