What is a Pagan's Purpose?

What is a Pagan’s Purpose?

Tick… tock… tick… tock…

With futile war comes futile loss,

With futile loss comes futile grief,

With futile grief comes futile anger,

And it all comes down to revenge.

Revenge. 

Pagans speak of revenge as if they have any sort of feelings. Anger, anguish, purges and genocides, death and sorrow. They speak of “Evil Canonism” and “Typical Orenians”. It is a sadness that the mind of the Pagan is warped with such a stereotypical view.

Warped. Or indoctrinated, by barbaric leadership and warmongering beliefs. Actions have consequences, and those consequences are finally arriving to Elysium. To Varhelm. To your homes, pagans. Your families, your cities, your towns and your jobs - none of them can halt the Infernal Clock. And as these consequences arrive, pagans speak of honorless soldiers...

Honor.

Pagans speak of honor as if they had any themselves. They employ sadistic Ferrymen, and ally other paganistic religions to aid them in battle. They begin wars attempting to obtain that god forsaken honor they lack - but seem to simply fail. Over and over. War is a double edged sword, and this is the payment.

They speak of when the Mercatorii run from battle. A feeble escapade for what is a planned escape, mind you. And they speak of these escapes as if the Mercatorii are running from battle - hm. Outer Arentania saw the true honor of Mercatorii, fighting against pagan forces for the protection of the Holy See. Not a step back. 

Brandings and assaults came uncontested by Elysian forces, too incapable of even caring for their citizens, and all further attacks came without even a slight sight of guards. Not a step back. Even when boredom overcame awaiting MRA agents, waiting for even the smallest force to take them out… they never came. Honorless soldiers in honorless nations, hypocrisy of pagans. Why guilt others as honorless, when Pagans cannot understand the word “Sacrifice”?

Sacrifice.

Men, Brothers, Comrades, Family, Mercatorii.  These are all people, united under one banner in unison. These brave fellows lay down their lives, acknowledging the threats and circumstances around them. Norlandic Pigs state how much we are cowards, yet I do not see guards outside of the cities. We do not see them alone, always packed together as pagans cannot trust one another to complete the job they are tasked.  

They can not protect their own, They can not protect each other. Mercatorii act as family, trusting one another to do the bidding of their commanders. They do not rally in mass numbers over a few men watching their homes. Yet, the Mercatorii cannot stop…

What has begun is unstoppable. The fury, the wrath of the Mercatorii has only recently flourished to maturity into what will become the new cycle of life. The new cycle of life. More brandings. More fires. More deaths. More civilians. More guards. More officials. More Pagans.

No one is safe. You are not safe. Your leaders are not safe. And as they flee their own lands, flee to the icy mountains to meet inevitable doom, leaving behind blazing homes of Mercatorii Inferno - the Mercatorii shall ask:

What is a Pagan’s Purpose?

And I will tell you, my friend.

A Pagan’s Purpose is to die.

Tick… tock… tick… tock…

The Clock hits two, my pagan friends.

Fear the Nightmare, for it only begins.

Unstoppable ticks, unstoppable hours.

GOD save Norland, for no one else can.

Theoderic would frown at the missive "This is perhaps one of the most idiotic and barbaric things I have seen published in my life. This reads as if it was published by a dark elf assassin who had recently converted to canonism. How can you preach  justice and enlightenment while calling for massacre. Repulsive." would shake his head casting the missive into the fire "I hope his superiors in the faith appropriately chastize this foolishness" he'd remark before returning to his writings

"What a shitty poem." Theodora Lucille would state from her house in Haense. She'd toss the missive in the fire. 

3 minutes ago, chacmul said:

Vladosvitch would read the missive and smile. "Yeah we know, what're you gonna do about it, unretard us? Nice try."

The man dubbed Rokossovsky would peer over Vladosvitch's shoulder and read over the missive again, as he had done to the Elysium missive.  "They can't, they're not nearly on our level of intelligence."  He'd remark with a smile as he went back to doing something, somewhere.

Edited by KindOfToast

Simon peered down wearily at the paper now placed in front of him, the words melting into plies in his eyes as his head swirled with agony.
"What are they doing in there, anyway?" The Original MRA scout muttered beneath his breath, resting his head back on the table as his eyes shut closed once more.

"Better a 'pagan' than a child killer." Remarks Edric.