A Sigismunda's Plea to Her People

Burnsider

Ursula Vasović sat at her desk in the Palace at Sava, scribbling furiously onto paper after paper. The text itself was illegible to the average man, written in a Vasoyevi coded cant they had developed over the centuries to pass messages secretly amongst the caravans. As the candle dripped precipitously low, she finished the last of them and handed them out to several of her servants. "Pass them to any caravans that come through Sava. Our people on the roads cannot be left in the dark."

A Sigismunda's Plea to Her People

tIjWOi-1VyIaVIK_JIwqN1rPfM3IE7pl2rOqPJABdIF6fFf8pXTgW8kIDtB9h5Ac1AaVvbZJ4_75SWILosXts0OtkkNpiJ8VnH5Q1y4bk--lc2syAaKg-NKWmG2EvF-wEFbJR15O

My friends and compatriots, my fellow Vasoyevi, my blood. I come to you now with dire tidings following upon the one's in my last letter to you. However, now, I ask all for secrecy, for the enemies of GOD wish to turn brother against brother, believer against believer, baptized against baptized, absolved against absolved. Do not be tempted by those around us who would ask you to turn against the Church, or says that the Church turns against you, for neither is the case. Nor, however, are you to cease the Call to Arms that you were called to in my last letter.

An Ecumenical Council of the Clergy was called to meet this very night and I was honored to speak to them. I spoke to them of my faith in GOD, my faith in you, and my faith that the Aengul, Gavriil, who appeared before us, was sent by our FATHER IN THE SKIES. They believed the words of the Aengul. To a man, they believe that the beasts that breathe flame are a true threat against the Sons of Horen. They believe that Pertinax's blood has led mankind astray, even as one of the blood was in the very chamber. The believe that the dragonkin have misguided man, have poisoned the minds of Emperors and Kings, and will drown the world in blood. In all, they believe the message sent by the Aengul of GOD.

Only they then called the Aengul one of the Deceivers of Iblees.

Yes, my brethren, in the end, their faith did not hold. But ours shall not falter. I have been given a vision by the Exalted Sigismund, and he tells me that our faith is not misplaced, that it is our fate to clash with the Servants of the First Drakaar and see their blood spilled upon the soil of Almaris.

Keep the faith, Vasoyevi. GOD is with us, as he has been since our beginning.

Spoiler

This message has been sent out to the Vasoyevi people. Only those who speak the coded cant can decipher the message.

The young man rubs his chin, speaking quietly to himself as he overlooked himself in the mirror. "God has made all things, yet Canonism wants to place God in a box, and they want to call the servants of God as the servants of Iblees simply because God has stepped out of the 'box' mankind has placed him in. Is Canonism so blind that they cannot fathom that no box can contain or define the vast power of God? Can they not fathom that God's ways are above our ways, and that his reasoning are above our own?"