Why We Hunt

Evonpire

Why We Hunt

Spoiler

Hear, hear, Xan’s Chosen, and those who seek to follow in our path - I write this as a reminder, as a call to arms to my Brothers and Sisters, long have we layed inactive, acting sporadically, I believe it is time that we change this and bring forth a new age of Order under our Lord’s command, given renewal by the sacrifice of the Keeper. Of course, this is not a letter of condemnation to my fellow Paladins, as that would be hypocritical of me as I have committed the sin of sloth too, but rather this is my attempt to contribute to the betterment of us all.

It is the duty of a Paladin to act as both a Guardian of the Innocent, and Slayer of Darkspawn, and those who seek to threaten Descendant-kind. It is Xan’s will to restore this world to its natural state, but not in the same way that of Druids of both Father Grove and the Archipelago Grove, though I respect the Druids as Allies and we do share goals commonly, Descendants are who we are concerned with. We must seek to rout out the temptations of the Dragonkin and Darkspawn- And destroy any other wicked magics that threaten society.  Those wicked magics which are not natural to society, nor even to this world and actively threaten to destroy it, until then we cannot rest. I’ve seen both Inferi-Sympathizers, the Voidial Incursion threaten the well-being of our existence in my lifetime. Wholesale Eradication is the only solution to this problem- I will always condemn the Fallen Daughter of Xan for her ruthless definition of Order, and her flaws, but you must admit, she did have a point in almost rendering Dragonkin extinct on Sheerok, effective.

And to those who question why we hunt the Dragonkin- Or claim that we are aggressors, forget not that it is the Draakar Gudour who struck first. Impaling the first Lady Zyanna Athna and trapping her in Obsidian, rendering her Soul unable to join our Lord in the Immaculate Palace to take her rightful place with Him. We do not strike blindly, this war on the Dragonkin was begun not by us, but by them. Justice was only achieved when the Paladins and their allies struck Gudour down on Athera, many of my Friends actually being a part of that force

Though, it is not just Gudour who only brings ruin, or is to solely blame. Think, I understand some people’s hesitancy towards the Heavens, and having seen what I believe to be the representations of Aengul in battle, they’re quite fearsome, the Lord and his Brother, Purity, having played a large role in our assault upon the Inferi encampment. But, then, these same people will turn around and follow a Draakar willingly and without question- A Draakar is a being with near-Aengul abilities.. Yet, they seemingly are not constrained by any sort of means, with a cruel deposition. Say what you will, but having met the Lord twice in my life, I do think he has a sense of Morality which partially restrains his actions.. As intense as he seems sometimes, he is bound by his nature as Guardianship and Order incarnate. 

I see the likes of Taynei’hiylu, who perhaps.. Is more “peaceful” or “agreeable” than the others of their Kind, but is still Dragonkin and thus cruel by nature, afterall, was it not them who apparently allowed their “Brothers” and “Sisters” to die in their trials. I’ve also seen the oppression of Order and proper society on the Native People of Almaris, the Brev, by the Drake Cloudbreaker- Was it not them who terrorized their flocks and murdered the Weakest of their society. And lastly, Azdromoth, the “Archdraakar” - Or, as the Lord once called him “a simple pest”, seemingly the most intelligent of the Accursed Children, or at least the most charismatic, with his own cruel methods he took over Haelun’or, promising it protection and dragged it around like a puppet. All the while, the vermin that he calls his Children caused terror to its inhabitants, no one should need to live in fear.

In conclusion, it is my desire, Brothers and Sisters, to remind us all on why we must fight, and our goal of the creation of a just and safe society, without the intervention of things that do not belong. After this, we may bask in the fruits of our labor, and get some proper rest, until we are needed once more.

And with that, Creator preserve you, and Walk the Sunlit Path.

2mnPQUh0OOLhp71QdL1pV_l4zQd14nJ6U4dT9DQu1wAsuYseP65AhZ8HXCk8HOpk5ytMM3lX9GucDUv8LqE4llputRlWTg9GNKeOr5VmgSgXJFsRbPj5YfitgD64kwQA7RO4zCyg

Spoiler

Heyo! This is my first venture back into writing in a very long time, and I really felt like making a little forum post about the thoughts that one of my Characters been having. It was also convenient with the Server being in maintenance mode. I apologize for any grammar mistakes, feel free to point them out to me privately, and I'll fix them. Be aware, this was made in like 2 hours, and I'm a little tired

A Hematologist and Doctor of great renown awaits for these hunts to begin, for there is money to be earned off of the injured, and coins to be taken off the dead. 

A particular flaxen hair lad awakes from his extentended meditation session atop a mountain in Urguan lands, looking to the horizon, waiting for what the future holds.

*Deep in the dark roads bellow the mountain a dwarf smiles as she reads the missive while tending a hiddren shrine to the lion*
"Maybe we ought tah do a wee expedition tah wherever zyanna es an get her outta that rock"

2 minutes ago, twinwolf1 said:

*Deep in the dark roads bellow the mountain a dwarf smiles as she reads the missive while tending a hiddren shrine to the lion*
"Maybe we ought tah do a wee expedition tah wherever zyanna es an get her outta that rock"

"Dear- She was freed by them after Gudour was slayed" Commented the wandering Warhawk. 

((I'm on mobile and can't format)) 

"With this current stock of Xannites, lacking in prowess and vision as they are, I am unsurprised that they see fit to pen whining justifications like this instead of solving their problems with a blade."

That said, Brother Cinder's right hand slid down to the simple sword belt at his waist. From it, the Wood Elven druii swordsman brought forth an ancient longsword, edge shimmering with a warm, golden light. He rotated his wrist, twisting, turning and tilting the foreign blade about so that he might admire the beautiful creation of steel.

"At least with me, it is not wasted."