The Urguan Grand Arena

UnusualBrit

The Urguan Grand Arena

ZRjQEESJqsxPfeeIXNqvDEgHJoywZLRsM4VFHcGVs-1Vf19HrIFPYELyOqnjyukqlJT_G4-RmK2pDqTUuqhtw0mh5GonTAqaTyOknK665WSoudrCs6NAvgL5M-jTpvM6VAHKjFwB

Practice duels in the Urguan Grand Arena, Year 48 of the Second Age

With the permission of his majesty Ulfric Frostbeard the first of his name, I have taken it upon myself to re-open the Urguan Grand Arena and restore it to its former glory. Under my directive, gladiatorial matches will be held to entertain the masses of Urguan. 

Information on the Games 

With my new position as games-master, I shall hold the following events. Gladiatorial matches that are either; one on one, two one two or more, mock battles between teams of Dwed, and matches against fearsome beasts. Boar races shall also be held on the occasion. The title of Grand-Champion shall be reintroduced and have its previous dignity restored, the winner of every quadrennial games shall attain the title (though games will be held annually, the Grand Champion will have to defend their title every four years)

Rules

The rules of Participation are as follows

You must be a Dwed, though non-Dwed are welcome to spectate the games

You must be not be a beardling (above fifty years of age)

You must not be an Ironborn

You must follow the true faith

You must not be a kinslayer

The rules of the games are as follows

You must not shed blood, or kill another Dwed

You must use a wooden training sword (blunted)

Once an opponent is defeated, and declared defeated by the gamesmaster, you have won your round.

When shall games be held?

Games will be held annually, bi-annually, or quad-annually. Depending on the Gamesmasters avaliability.

Prizes

A cash prize may well be on offer, in addition to the title of Grand Champion. The title of Grand Champion shall abide by the rules of Participation (i.e it cannot be held by a non Dwed or beardling). 

Sponsors

Currently, the games are sponsored by the Grand-Kingdom of Urguan, the Da Kirkja Dverga, and the Braided Beard Tavern. To sponsor the games, speak to Games-Master Gildroc Goldhand. 

Contracts

Gladiatorial Companies that may form shall be able to speak to the Games-Master and establish contracts with the Grand-Arena, with permission granted to have their gladiators participate in the games and train them in the arena between games. 

The Legion of Urguan shall have rights to train in the arena, and its legionnaires shall be allowed to participate in the games.  

Narvok oz Urguan

Narvok oz Brathmorkidan

Grand King of Urguan, Lord of Clan Frostbeard

Thane of Rhewenholm, Great-Grandson of Rhewen
Ulfric Frostbeard I

Gamesmaster of the Urguan Grand Arena

Great-Grandson of Thoak

Gildroc Goldhand

[!]The signatures of Ulfric and Gildroc would be found below. 

"Now This es wot ah loike ta see!" jovially spouts forth the Gamesmaster's Clan Lord

Bakir Ireheart smiles the suns smile as he goes to return from his long journey, hearing of the opening of the Grand Arena.

"Piss off wet yer 'nae Beardlings'-rule!" Grimdal shook his fist, thinking of how to get his name into the goblet of fire championship.