XXXIV Session of Royal Duma

Office of the Lord Speaker

13 hours ago, Raijen Stars said:

Johann Ludovar took the transcript, proudly reading through it wishing to see how the Duma he sadly could not attend go. Suddenly the Jovenaars' eyes widened "Isaak Amador?" He blinked reading the name of the fellow Jovenaar on the transcript "Aren't we as Jovenaars niet allowed to take a part in Duma?" He raised a brow, looking to his father

@Raijen StarsRobert Ludovar looked to his son, a smile forming on his features as he heard what he says "My my my... How very observant of vy Johann." he said with an upbeat tone in his voice "Fetch the Butler's, son. I need a lot of ink..."

46 minutes ago, erictafoya said:

@Raijen StarsRobert Ludovar looked to his son, a smile forming on his features as he heard what he says "My my my... How very observant of vy Johann." he said with an upbeat tone in his voice "Fetch the Butler's son, I need a lot of ink..."

Adele Ludovar felt something off, like her husband was about to do something that may upset her.

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE 403 SITTING

OF THE XXXIV SESSION OF THE ROYAL DUMA

eBsIVCJCmaCqB72Shl_v9gg3zj4qTIElqnalIxHLve4Vx6ChRzCnar7UBxLOrmgs1RV1sj93WFNurUN2xayHr3wx7BQe6VaaIt2LNjXlNmsfIqAQWeKhvgiL83fjz62Z4w

From the Office of the Lord Speaker.

On this 5th of Tov and Yermey, 403 E.S.

ROLL CALL

IN ATTENDANCE

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Herzen Barclay

Komit Kortrevich

Vikomit Amador

Bossir Ludovar

Bossir Mondblume

Royal Alderman Barclay

Royal Alderwoman Decaden

Lord Palatine Baruch

IN ABSENTIA

Bossir Morovar

Grand Maer Rorikov

Rhys var Ruthern: “Order! This sitting of this 5th of Tov and Yermey 403 E.S session of His Majesty's Royal Duma shall now come to order. Quorum has been achieved and the sitting shall now begin. We will now be discussing the Jura I Osobaz Reforms Proposal, presented by the Lord Palatine Baruch. The chair now calls upon Lord Palatine Baruch to give their opening remarks.”

Eirik Baruch: “Prevja, Royal Duma, pleased to be here for my first sitting as Lord Palatine. We'll be going over the Civil Law part of the reformed Haurul Caezk, the last part of it. As you can tell, it's very short, to encourage freedom of agreement as one of the main principles among our people. Let the people debate, Lord Speaker.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “The chair now opens the floor for unmoderated debate.”

Aldrik Amador: “There is one major problem that I've spotted, Lord Speaker. Clause ten, regarding marriage, goes directly against Canon Law.”

Eirik Baruch: “Which part of Canon Law?”

Alistair Baruch: “Doesn' seem a problem to me.”

Aldrik Amador: “Marriage is a sacrament of Canonism, and it is only the Pontiff who may declare a marriage ended.”

Eirik Baruch: “What does the particular part of Canon Law say? I'd like to hear a citation from it.”

Aldrik Amador: “From the section on annulment: 1. If a sacrament is determined after the fact to have been invalid, the High Pontiff or one acting on his behalf may declare it to be so post facto. This declaration is an annulment. And from the part on dissolution: 1. If the permanence of a sacrament poses mortal peril to one of its subjects’ soul or body, the High Pontiff may declare it to have ended. This declaration is a dissolution.”

Eirik Baruch: “Very good. Must be an oversight from the Committee. It'll be removed. Is that all, representative Amador?”

Aldrik Amador: “I would be careful with clause 11 as well. While the Pontiff may grant dissolutions for abandonment such as if a spouse disappears, he must still be asked first. I would instead say that if a person has gone for that long, they can be considered dead.”

Eirik Baruch: “It merely means that the state shall not prevent them from doing so when they've the High Pontiffs permission.”

Aldrik Amador: “Da. The rest seemed fine to me.”

Eirik Baruch: “Very well. Anyone else?”

Emelya Kortrevich: “Clause Three should be changed in phrasing to be more consistent with the documents on the Knightly Orders. Mentioning that of a further trial.”

Eirik Baruch: “What?”

Emelya Kortrevich: “Such as changing it to 'Those who aspire to serve the crown more directly make partake in the additional trial of the Marian Reckoning and if they succeed, may be dubbed a Knight of the Marian Retinue, the closest protecter of the Crown.'.”

Eirik Baruch: “That sounds very long.”

Emelya Kortrevich: “As the documents do niet specify a Squire.”

Eirik Baruch: “I'm sure the King, who penned that part, would have penned it differently if he saw it necessary. Is he not the main authority on Knights, anyhow?”

Emelya Kortrevich: “It does niet fit with the second clause which mentions trials to niet in the third.”

Eirik Baruch: “You need to do the first trials to become a Marian Knight. It's implied.”

Emelya Kortrevich: “'Great skill' does niet mention the Marian Reckoning.”

Eirik Baruch: “And? Knightly Documents are Knightly Documents. If the King wanted to include the Marian Reckoning in the law code, he would have put it there. I don't see it necessary as an audition. Does anyone else agree with Lady Kortrevich?”

Emelya Kortrevich: “And it does niet state in the documents on the Knightly Orders that Marian Knights have to come from squires.”

Eirik Baruch: “Surely, it is implied.”

Emelya Kortrevich: “It is implying the opposite.”

Eirik Baruch: “On what basis? Show me this knightly document.”

Emelya Kortrevich: “That it specifically states 'Squires' and niet aspirants.”

Eirik Baruch: “So, what exact amendments do you want?”

Emelya Kortrevich: “Down in the section on Marian Knights, it says that they are aspiring, niet 'Squires'. Ea would like that part at least to be changed to 'Aspiring Marian Knight'.”

Robert Ludovar: “I've nie issue with this bill, should the wording be changed under section X. I don't see this current debate on knightly wording going anywhere nor do I find the amendment to it necessary.”

Eirik Baruch: “You need to become a squire to become a Marian Knight. Is there anything else? It says, at the start 'Though they compose part of the wider Order of the Crow'. To become a member of the Order of the Crow, you must squire. Very heavily implied you need to be a Squire to become a Marian Knight, then, as well.”

Alistair Baruch: “Bill was perfect when it came in, its perfec' now. Ah'm ready to give me support!”

Emelya Kortrevich: “It will be inconsistent in its phrasing then.”

Dianna Decaden: “I believe we are ready for a vote then?”

Eirik Baruch: “It is not inconsistent when it is perfectly consistent with the precedent of how the order works.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “The Palatine is unwilling to make vyr proposed amendments Representative Kortrevich. Do vy have any other issues?”

Emelya Kortrevich: “Ea do niet.”

Eirik Baruch: “Then I motion to vote.”

Marie Ruthern: “Seconded!”

Robert Ludovar: “Third.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Motion accepted. We will now proceed to a vote.”

Jura I Osobaz Reform Proposal

By The Crown

AYE

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Komit Barclay

Komit Kortrevich

Vikomit Amador

Bossir Ludovar

Bossir Mondblume

Royal Alderman Barclay

Royal Alderwoman Decaden

Lord Palatine Baruch

NAY

N/A

ABSTAIN

N/A

ABSENT

Bossir Morovar

Grand Maer Rorikov

The Jura I Osobaz Reform Proposal has passed through the Royal Duma

Rhys var Ruthern: “Now. We will be discussing a letter sent to the Royal Duma, penned by Bossir Ludovar. The chair now calls upon Bossir Ludovar to give their opening remarks.”

Eirik Baruch: “Oh! Isaak Amador, how convenient of you to just come here!”

Isaak Amador: “Crazy!”

Viktor Barclay: “Woah!”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Pray tell- where did Aldrik Amador go?”

Eirik Baruch: “The loo.”

Robert Ludovar: “Dobry members of the Duma. It has come to the attention of myself, and my son and heir Johann Ludovar, who is the colleague of the man in question, Lord Isaak Amador, that the Jovenaar Isaak has blatantly disregarded his oath and what is stated in section 213.035 Of the Haural Caezk. I ask that the Lord Isaak is questioned by the chamber and The Honorable Royal Inquisitor. That is all, Lord Speaker.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Royal Inquisitor, do vy wish to summon the Jovenaar in question in front of this sitting of the Royal Duma?”

Alistair Baruch: “Wha' does tha' section say, niet all o' us are fook'n bookworms wit' no sex like tha' know the law code by heart.”

Viktor Barclay: “For formality, step forth Isaak Amador to answer before Duma and God..”

Robert Ludovar: “The section reads: ‘213.035: The following shall be ineligible to be appointed as a Jovenaar: 213.0351: Those who sit on the Royal Duma; 213.0352: Those who sit on the Aulic Council;’.”

Johann Barclay: “Lord Speaker, ich must depart. August Barclay will represent House Barclay. Danke und sorry.”

August Barclay: “Huh? Oh.”

Isaak Amador: “Lord Speaker?”

Rhys var Ruthern: “How old are vy August Barclay?”

August Barclay: “Thirteen.”

Viktor Barclay: “Who cares we have better things to deal with.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Yam afraid vy have to be fourteen years of age to sit in this chamber.”

Viktor Barclay: “Round it up to fourteen.”

August Barclay: “Nice.”

Viktor Barclay: “Just do the bleeding session.”

Alistair Baruch: “Ah hate children.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Rules are rules, Royal Inquisitor. Jovenaar Amador, vy may proceed.”

Isaak Amador: “Firstly, let me start by saying that I am glad that Lord Ludovar believes in the rule of law. As a Jovenaar, there is nothing I enjoy more than seeing men who take the law seriously. But, in my eyes, I have niet committed any wrong here. Per the new Jura I Krawn that this very body passed, the only mention of Jovenaars is that they are appointed by the Crown, with nie mention of other restrictions. Similarly with the new Jura I Krima, nie mention of Jovenaars niet being allowed to represent or attend Duma. So per our new law, I have niet committed a crime.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Have the newest reforms been given Royal assent yet, Lord Palatine?”

Isaak Amador: “To those who would say these laws are niet yet in use, I would ask then why Jovenaar Ludovar used them in his ruling for Krawn z. Fanile. If those who enforce the law have begun using the new law code, then by that same law code, I have niet done anything wrong.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Is that all for now, Lord Amador?”

Viktor Barclay: “I can see no mention of Jovenaars in the 'Etiquette of the Royal Duma', from 362….”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Do vy have a retort, Bossir Ludovar?”

Robert Ludovar: “That is the newly passed, niet assented. I've nie recollection that the new Haural Caezk has been published into actual law, but rather is in pending review by the Crown.”

Isaak Amador: “Then vyr own son and heir has enforced the law using an un-assented law code.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “That is a different matter and in the next session I will discuss that with the Royal Inquisitor and High Justiciar.”

Eirik Baruch: “The passed legal reforms to the new Haurul Caezk are not assented, and therefore not currently in use. The issue of Jovenaar Johann Ludovar will be addressed at a later date.”

Alistair Baruch: “A jovenaar used the wrong codex! How scandalous!”

Viktor Barclay: “I'd suggest Isakk Amador is off the hook….”

Alistair Baruch: “Two breaches of the procudure by two jovenaars! Ah'm startin' to think this system is broken! Maybe even corrupt!”

Isaak Amador: “Then it seems that my actions and those of Jovenaar Ludovar were erroneous. I shall submit myself to whatever punishment the Crown deems fit.”

Robert Ludovar: “I do niet excuse the actions of my son, but that does niet shield vy from vyr own actions, Lord Isaak.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “What is it vy wish to happen to Lord Amador here, Bossir Ludovar? Do vy wish him punished?”

Alistair Baruch: “We should launch a full scale investigation! Trials! Hearin's! Subpoenas!”

Robert Ludovar: “Whatever punishment His Majesty see's fit, or the High Justiciar, is the punishment I endorse.”

Alistair Baruch: “Ah've a feelin' this is jus' the firs' tug on the string o' yarn! We 'ave to follow this into the rabbit hole until all are held accountable!”

Robert Ludovar: “I merely wanted to bring this issue to the Royal Duma chambers and to have Lord Isaak answer for his actions.”

Viktor Barclay: “I see no punishment that could be levied that would in anyway be beneficial to the running of the Kingdom..”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Do vy find the contents of what the Lord Amador sufficient enough to proceed to the end of this now then?”

Viktor Barclay: “Merely give him a slap on the wrist and be done with it.”

Alistair Baruch: “This conspiracy could go to the top! Maybe even the Lord Palatine! There's clearly more to investigate! To end this now would be a subversion of justice!”

Robert Ludovar: “Da, Lord Speaker. I find it sufficient enough.”

Alistair Baruch: “Oh…uh…sorry coz… let's end this now. Ah bet it goes no further.”

Eirik Baruch: “Good.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Dobry. This will be passed along to the King. Duma dismissed!”