A Call for Chiefsmoot

Javert

97YitXPKciwDTcv0qSWQupzxOuZyr2x5ZfLmH31I8eMpiLEMh_rUGXXaUwdvXd0x5hkuZbdh4rLKOx03mQGguudSJtHZPZa0kj4Y-23Pn6_xRfpfYBrSJMP-9YzqAnYSEA3B2oEH

A Call for Chiefsmoot

Issued the 11th of The Amber Cold, Year Fifty of the Second Age

A Call to King Vane:

Not since before the War of Three Kingdoms has there been a gathering of the chieftains and vassal leaders to discuss and suggest what could be done within our beloved Kingdom of Norland. Stranger enough is it not to see one of these gatherings now during the continuation of the war with the Svarlings. Therefore I, Ragnvald Eiriksson Ruric, Thane of Eiriksgrad, wish to call upon King Vane to summon all the Chieftains and Vassal Lords of Norland to discuss the threat that these invaders pose to our Kingdom. I, among many who live in the furthermost lands of Norland, have reason to fear this Svarling threat. They have already annihilated the Skanarri and may soon do the same to Varhelm, Eiriksgrad, and any other residents who call the far north their home. For the lives of those at risk, and the threat the Svarlings pose, I hope that the King's Council may see the necessity that a Chiefsmoot may have in our current times in order to discuss what should be done publicly.

Signed,

Ragnvald Eiriksson Ruric, Thane of Eiriksgrad

Alric nods in agreeance with his cousin.

"A fine idea, cousin. It is time we call our Chieftains together and make a plan for our future!"

A letter is penned back to Ragnvald Eiriksson

Px3a8FZYIjk_xQgGzg6m3lcNbsPoiNOMMhgiDMmfGIOvQdcQRRqjejs7LRLMxwMK-NJ2wWoZhJXKQen5wF4D1gKZNrWMB9gg0iYhIH6p3rM2pMohjFhz5ARYBivsQbxPEuR7lXu8

My good cousin, I write to you to remind you that a clansmoot (also referred to as a chiefsmoot) is called by any chieftain of any recognized clan of Norland. You are free to use the Great hall in the palace or the smaller meeting room we use for advisory meetings of myself and my advisors. Please let me know the date and time that you wish to hold this clansmoot and I will do my best to attend.

Signed,

Vane Freysson, King of Norland, Duke of Varhelm, Protector of Highlanders

LmeHVew-3ySAwA8JkVFH91eVetbwgXdc8fe4vXWizriVs4RzWzkiz0ATbarM7yqu0CRGBdH7NtuB7sr6c1_ewP5XO3NXEKQTPd11Sbh40LYWd5EaP5vlDkc8EojTk6sTe3_lm3Yn

Mera Camian quietly writhed at the idea of something so democratic, finding the concept to be really quite vexing; too prone to inefficient decision-making to be worthwhile. But, she realized that it ultimately didn't matter that much to her in the end. "Sure, I'll go, I guess. If I'm not busy, anyway."

Vikne Kjeldsdottir continued to move forward with her designs, plotting and planning just to the North of where this proposed meeting was to be held. Around her, axes and swords threw sparks at grindstones, and hammers and nails rang out in a terrible cacophony. Preparations were being made, and it would be only a matter of time before the Warmaiden's machinations were brought to bear.