Where and How Should I Post A Board/Dice/Card Game Megathread?

Fermanagh

I'm planning on making a megathread for the board, dice, and card games of LotC, and wanted to include fun historical games such as Xiangqi and Backgammon with resources to play them with others online while roleplaying. To help justify their existences, I was going to attach some supplementary in-world information to the games, little things like, "It's common belief that Xiangqi originated in the Jade State of Yong Ping as a variation of the traditional game of Chess." While I was flipping through the forum/wiki looking for similar posts, I found two unique LotC games and some lore for Chess. I noticed on the lore pages for Chess and Cretzer Craps, people made it clear that Chess/Craps probably didn't need its own lore.

Would something like this be better posted in a roleplay, lore submission, or other subforum? While you're here, are there any games you'd like to see resources for, for playing online with others in RP?

A roleplay or cultural subforum would be best!

48 minutes ago, Fermanagh said:

I'm planning on making a megathread for the board, dice, and card games of LotC, and wanted to include fun historical games such as Xiangqi and Backgammon with resources to play them with others online while roleplaying. To help justify their existences, I was going to attach some supplementary in-world information to the games, little things like, "It's common belief that Xiangqi originated in the Jade State of Yong Ping as a variation of the traditional game of Chess." While I was flipping through the forum/wiki looking for similar posts, I found two unique LotC games and some lore for Chess. I noticed on the lore pages for Chess and Cretzer Craps, people made it clear that Chess/Craps probably didn't need its own lore.

Would something like this be better posted in a roleplay, lore submission, or other subforum? While you're here, are there any games you'd like to see resources for, for playing online with others in RP?

This isn't something that necessitates our approval. Feel free to post it under a Roleplay subforum or under Culture subforum. The only thing to keep in mind is that you can't cite the 'real life' origins of said games, but could easily claim that the game was made up by Elves, Dwarves, or Kingdom of Oren, etc.

Always up for more games to bring into irp! I still frequently play Minas or Die cardgame, fun stuff