[Completed][Lair] The Library of Remembrance

Treaty

Lair PRO MC Name: Treatycole

Lair Name: The Library of Remembrance

Proposed Lair Locations (Highlight 3 on the map):

rYnR7RjdFPdmKvwSE5ckODI1LrpldTKU7A72Z_O3RN66sN_NkazRg7b2vmhjSnf9VKjeqB-NyWNSicESfIPRbLIPBmDveioe8wLgjLp9poGzJz5HkgXWFLYFU2Vkd5-ZoVMeQ5IK

Photo: Tile 52, ~ 2600x 780z. Also happy to settle somewhere in 56, or the southern tiles around South Hub.

Lair Lore (could link to an existing creature or other lore) (1000 words minimum): The Order of Remembrance - Guilds - The Lord Of The Craft

Lair Build and Infrastructure (photos required):

Tga6Rshf7US37gUy0gX5xAl3ZH6fxr4lsiLbnBXORaVeuopLQCUyPvDsKExDCyYqWLdPJQrpPYSusJiTlLODD-AzNFVJq0_LI0li-RGkqvBp9tZvZO1l9Z0jMa1AGD_QZsJPdnvtibyVVds0KsfTdJ9lcXl5X3n5IgPuZ9mEfYYVMOfy5FG35Esnn6TZBmXbqM7W-Y4eqsqWzu0ya7KQulXNy1SEPcH0hD9iMF4f8KzLQ2bM8jQuVofgpWjaC8v4vo_ahQ4kYC0hY8AU

Why can you not accomplish the niche of this lair’s roleplay in an existing settlement or nation? (We expect a substantial answer for this, not just ‘I don’t like them’).

The Order of Remembrance had previously been within other nations, yet time after time it’s shown that overall nation politics have gotten in the way of our ability to perform as a neutral group. The aim of the Library is to be a neutral ground where individuals can come to learn about pretty much anything without being limited by the status of their governing nation. What we’re now seeing recently is LoTC back in the swing of international conflicts, and with such nations and settlements closing their borders to individuals from certain areas. What we aim to accomplish with a lair is to provide a truly neutral ground that has no overarching governing body that can limit who can and can't visit our library. 

What does this lair add to the greater world around them?:

Since the Library of Dragur ceased to exist on this map, there hasn’t been a solid location capable of providing important knowledge and resources that everyone can access. As described in the previous question, while certain nations do have some sort of library, there is a limiting factor of international politics that determines who can and can't visit such libraries. With Dragur being gone, myself and the Order are looking to step up to fill that void and grow off of what Dragur managed to accomplish. While they were a great hub for books and knowledge, they failed to provide much, if any, roleplay (I would know, I was one of the librarians). Compared to Dragur, the library actually has a guild open to scholars from every nation where scholastic rp can be held without the burden of international politics. By being granted a lair, we can ensure that neutrality is upheld, and everyone can have a welcoming space in the scholastic rp niche on LoTC.