The Wilted Rose [PK]

Cheese

It had been a long, long life for Octavia Rose Redfist. Though as she stood up and looked around the field of dandelions, the only thing that stood out was a single red rose. She kneeled before it, where the apparition of her dearest friend, Minerva Aspen, appeared in front of her.
Octavia was bedridden during her 9th winter with fever, and through the window, she could see Minerva's joyous smile pressed against the glass. "Via, Via!" She called "When you get better, do you want to play outside?" It was such a shame those were the last words that Octavia would hear from her best friend.

As Minerva blew away among the dandelions, a burst of maroon flooded Octavia's vision, accompanied by the voice of Ser Sorriel Kranakov Redfist.

Octavia stood quietly behind Sorriel as he introduced her to the Redfist clan. Though she was deaf at the time of her recruitment, she was welcomed with open arms. Oh, how Octavia never would have expected to be taken into such a wonderful family; Sorriel, Richart, Coral, Svalfi, Percival, Thomas, Alora, Qiew, and Kane.

As the deep maroon's drip stopped, the mischevious laugh of Sorriel was replaced with that of the joyous lime-colored giggle of a young boy; Plume Marlow.

Octavia played her violin in the square of Elysium, the excited child looking up at her in wonder. "Wow.. you're like a super hero, Miss Via! I want to be like you when I'm a grown up!" Plume chirped to her once she had finished, to which she smiled. If only Octavia could see the day when Plume would become a super hero of his own.

Soon, Plume was racing through the field of dandelions. Another figure ran through the golden flowers; Theodosia Rose had her arms stretched out to receive her mother in a hug.

Octavia held her newly adopted daughter in a tight embrace, the swaddled infant sleeping soundly in her arms. Octavia wept tears of joy; she was finally a mother. How cruel it would be to rip little baby Theodosia from Octavia's arms.

Soon enough, a blinding light enveloped little Theodosia, and the warmth in Octavia's arms held weight. Juniper Rose wailed, taking in her first breaths.

Octavia was but a shell of what she used to be. Her health had deteriorated at an incredibly fast rate. Her pale skin had whitened to that of a ghostly tone, her thin build only resembling that of a skeleton's. With the last of her strength, Octavia held the infant in her arms. "Welcome to the world, my precious angel; Juniper Rose."  It was only devastating that the tears Octavia wept would be the last sound her daughter would hear from her.

In the field of dandelions, Octavia only smiled proudly at her three babies. Plume, Theodosia, and Juniper. "I may have never found love, but I could not be happier surrounded by my beautiful children. Forgive me, my sweet babies. Forgive me for not watching you grow up, and forgive me for abandoning you."
Octavia then turned to her closest friends. Sorriel and Minerva. "Thank you, for saving me, and for the happiness you brought me. Your voices are the most beautiful colors."

And as Octavia's hollow whisper rang out through the infinite field, the last petal of the rose fell, flying away in the breeze with the dandelions. Octavia Rose Redfist breathed her last breath, her frail hands going limp and cold.

"Your voice is the most beautiful color."

Octavia Rose Redfist

Loving mother, loving sister,

Loving friend to all.

Completed image

Aech Amberace shakily bent over Octavia's cold body, pressing a light and shaky kiss onto her forhead. "I love you Via." She sobs, almost too quiet to hear. "I love you more than you'll ever know..." And indeed, Octavia Rose Redfist would never know... She presses her forhead to Via's, squeezing her eyes shut and trying to stop the everlasting well of tears to no avail. 

A few hours later, a familiar scene takes place in the Vanari castle before the fireplace... The form of a tiny halfling curled in the loving embrace of one Amethyst Vanari, her body still. Tears stain her face and clothes, the only thing moving the deep, rocking breaths of sleep... 

*Amura returns home from the clinic, leaving her friends bedside. Having held her hand as she took her last breath...*

"****!" The medic yells knocking over a lantern, it shatters. 

Amura had delivered Via's Child and used every medical knowledge she could to try to save Via.. And failed. 

"I fucked up!" Amura, 15 yells now blaming herself for not being good enough to save her friend. A chair flys across the clan hall.

Amura stricken with grief, pain and anger would destroy various objects before falling to her knees and crying. 

Crying actual tears of pain. Mourning. 

"I did everything right and it wasn't enough to save her.. " she gently says, her head now burrowed into her knees crying. 

The teen would cry for hours before eventually wearing her self out, alone for now she says

"If love could have saved you, you would live forever. "

Amura, heart broken simply goes to bed, hoping when the sun rises her sadness wont be as hurtful.