The Nature of Evil

Gavin_

Miss April Viradiraar paced from where she sat now, within the Providence Tavern, unable to stomach either side, pale hands gripping the paper of the missive. "where did this all go so wrong?"

galo-martin-envirorender.jpg?1647115425

Prince Amaesil Vuln'miruel ascended the newly-set stone pathway in the western mountains of the Ebonwood. Arriving at the summit, he finally unfurled the missive in his hand. After finishing his reading, he folded the literature and tucked it away with a labored sigh.

"... Too often do honied words make us forget reality," he spoke out into the sky. "Might is governed by goodness and a willingness to sacrifice for the betterment of all. Too long have the pious high elves preached both "progress" and "tradition" as if they were not the inverse of one another. I have seen the vile nature of their traditions, and I prayed for the day that the long-practiced evils were met with ferrum and elves courageous enough to wield it."

"Evil," he repeats. "What is evil was the burning of my colleagues for finding happiness outside their walls. Evil was pretending that no fouler thing existed than those willing to decry Braxus. Evil is using democracy to veil tyranny."

"Let these elves know what now awaits them: armed resistance. A new age comes upon elvenkind, and those who wish to return to the sub-elven practices of those who came before will be met with the swords and shields of true mali."