Mortal Incongruence: Volume 1

Archipelego

Spoiler

((The following is a project that is being undertaken by me and a few others. It is an in-universe, LotC anthology horror. Some of these are reports of actual events, and some of them are purely fictional events with fictional characters. If we wrote them well enough, hopefully, it is harder to figure out which is which. I hope you enjoy it.

((There are a few content warnings, of course. This is horror writing. Threats of violence, actual violence, ideas of mutilation, fear, paranoia, etc. If you have a particular aversion to horror tropes, particularly written horror tropes, this may not be for you!))

[!] The following can be found in every major library, community center, or place of scholarly work throughout the realm, placed in convenient places such as tables or desks.

M.I.E.S.

Mortal Incongruence Examination Society

"Mortal Incongruence: Volume 1"

The Mortal Incongruence Examination Society (MIES) is pleased to present our first publication, a collection of various stories collected from our interview archives. These stories are authentic accounts, though the individual accuracy or truth of each cannot be proven or disproven outright. The intention of MIES is to guide the way for light and morality by exploring and mapping the lesser known, darker aspects of reality. The following accounts are disturbing in many cases, and we ask you only read them if you can tolerate learning about the inhumane treatment of others, in order to pursue a better world and hunt down the darkest parts of our world. MIES is a Godly organization, that believes in the wellbeing of Mankind and other descendants.

This publication is selected from the first twelve of our case files. Some of these accounts from the archive have been excluded, for various reasons including irrelevance, the request of the interviewee, or those tales that are likely false. In order to pursue the full selection that MIES has to offer, please see our location in order to see the full archive in person. We are located directly behind the village of Oswin, and the The Owl's Perch tavern.

If you are interested in learning more about our organization, a document describing our mission can be found attached to this document.

If you are interested in employment, or telling your own interview to be added to the archive, please contact me or locate me at our headquarters listed above.

Ut a chao.

- Nicholas,
Head Curator

Case 001: "Forgotten Men"

Case 002: "Providence"

Case 003: "Indigo"

Case 004: "Sharp Hooks"

Case 007-1: "Sacrilege"

Case 008: "Fungal Infection"

Case 009-1: "Beyonder"

Case 011: "Salvation"