HadvarAvMitteland

Minecraft IGN(s):

Swifty_Sam, AKA elizawilliams

Discord:

JimboChezza#2017

Ban Selection

In-Game Ban

Ban Reason

There has been many reasons for the ban thus far from many years ago. From breaking combat rules, to using alts as my ban has been so long with no hope of being unbanned. Additionally, OOC relationship issues discussed below.

What circumstances led to this ban?

I was, to be blunt, a complete and utter idiot on all occasions, and bans I have had.

On my first long period of ban time, it was processed by Markosi over my relationship with another player called SophiaTsu. We online dated for about a year I think, and when we had split up a lot of our private conversations were leaked in small snippets painting me as an awful person. This led to me being instantly banned, and I was not allowed the chance to appeal or provide counter evidence due to the nature of the private report system back in those days. I'm not perfect in that situation, it was all a complete mess.

The further punishment came from me logging in on an alt, to have fun over the Summer last year or maybe two years ago now I cannot remember. Elizawilliams was it's name, and I was caught by Joel the Admin at the time through an ip logger - I'm unsure how accurate that information was but it was what was told at the time.

Disclaimer: I am, to this day, still unsure what type of ban this is be it an admin ban or an in-game ban due to me being able to use this forum but here I am.

Are there aspects of the ban you agree and/or disagree with?

There is a lot I agree, and disagree with. When it came to the combat rules being broken, this was at a time where a War had broken out on Arcas between the AIS and Oren. The mass majority of moderators were Orenian, and had a strong bias against the AIS players. I feel myself, and many others, were overly punished for the actions we did at that time.

For my behaviour in the relationship with SophiaTsu, I believe it should have never translated into LoTC and remained a private affair. But now it has, I believe both parties were at fault, and I agree with this ban entirely if we are solely looking at what I did.

In terms of using alt accounts, those bans (or ban extensions) were also justified. I was impatient, believed I'd never be unbanned and my resolution to be part of the community again was to alt. It was wrong, and looking back it was stupid as now I'm in this position where I haven't logged in on my main in years over what was initially very minimal offences.

What motivates you to return to LOTC?

I want to reconnect with the community once more. I still talk to a few people who are active on LoTC, and roleplay is something I am passionate for now. Having not pvped in a long, long time, I feel it isn't going to be on my mind all the time like it was before. With the new crp default system, this will benefit me greatly in seeking out and showing my qualities rather than what everyone had come to see, my negatives of old.

Attach other relevant information.

N/A, all of my other information and evidence is years old. This was an appeal as I want to log in and experience the nostalgia and fun of LoTC again after such a long ban duration. I'd like to formally apologise to anyone who sees this, and still plays, who remembers me and I did wrong. And I'd also like to apologise to the Staff members from those times for being a complete and utter nuisance to you guys. I hope you can see a new, mature, me as much as others who have kept in contact with me has.

Regards,
Swifty_Sam.

In addition, I'd like to mention this is a very messy ban with a long history behind it. There will be a lot I didn't cover, anything else or any questions please contact my discord.

Edited by HadvarAvMitteland

Your ban-appeal is being reviewed. You can expect a response within the next 72 hours.

1 hour ago, Shmeepicus said:

Your ban-appeal is being reviewed. You can expect a response within the next 72 hours.

Thank you for such a quick response time! Awesome.

I remember a ton of what you did and how toxic it could get, however it has been a long time and it looks like you understand and moved on from that mindset. I think people should be given second chances so I hope you get it.

I hope you'll be fine back in LOTC. I will strangle you if I'd see you acting like a goon again 😠

However, If you ever need help. Lmk.