A once bright smile. . .[PK]

RMW01

The whistles of the birds, the buzz of bugs, and the gentle rustle of the trees which they rested upon as the breeze pushed them into a soft sway formed a quietly beautiful melody as Plume lay upon the forest floor. . . 

Blood soaked the soil below her, pooling forth from a deep wound nested within her chest. "I don't-" she would choke out words held down within her throat by fear and dwindling energy. "please. .  i don't want to die." Tears welled within  her eyes as the world about her grew blurry, her surroundings becoming distorted and more difficult to focus on as her life began to dwindle and fade. "I have.  . .i have so much more to do please-i- i didn't even get to say goodbye."

Her eyes would grow heavy and her breaths became shallow. One final scared sob would fall from her before she fell still and silent. . .left to die alone within the familiar forest surrounding her home.

A prewritten letter would land within the hands of everyone Plume had met and called her friends and family. 

"Hello everyone, i don't think there's an easy way to word this but if you have gotten this letter I've passed away. I thought it might be best to write one just in case- seeing as i have a rather bad habit of getting into trouble. 

I say this every day to you all but i believe its fit that i say it one final time, i love you all. Every step of my life I've been knocked down but, because of your kindness and joy you all brought me i was able to get back up every single time and carry on with a smile. Life was hard but with you all by my side it was an incredible time and even if im no longer here, im glad i got to spend my life knowing all of you. 

Im sorry that i will no longer be here to smile and embrace you all within a hug, i would truly give anything to see you all again. I only have one thing to ask of you all, even if i am dead please continue to smile. Allow my life and the memories we had to bring you joy.

Lots of Love, Plume."

Spoiler

Its been so much fun playing Plume, shes allowed me to meet so many incredible people and be apart of some amazing rp and communities but im no longer having fun playing her. Shes a great character and an adorable one at that shes just not built to fit LOTC. Plume loves you all, and im sorry for how many characters are about to cry lmao. 

Grief descended over Nisreen like a cloud, a heavy blanket of anguish as she read, then reread, the note that had appeared on her doorstep. An ominous note that had filled her with dread the moment her door had creaked open. She held the note in trembling hands, until the ink blurred across the page. 

To have loved Plume as her own child, it now felt as if she'd lost one of her own. Breath escaped in strangled gasps; ears thundered from the blood rush of a panicked heartbeat. Her knees hit the harsh ground, yet Nisreen failed to feel the contact. She ached to comfort, to hold Plume in her arms once more, to assure her it would be alright, and she would have the strength to continue on. There was no comforting the deceased.

The head of a match grated against stone - once, twice, before it clattered to the floor. Nisreen knelt, fumbled for it, fumbled to strike it again and again until at last a thin, wavering flame sprang up, which she held to the wick of a candle. And she watched the candle burn, reminiscing over every moment she'd spent with Plume, and struggling to console her own grief. "I will always love you too, 7abibti."

Aech's feet staggered to a still as she made her way to Plume's home, her eyes widening in shock. For once, genuine emotion struck at her heart as she staggered backwards away from the epiphyte's dead body. I was too late. I didn't visit, I didn't check on her enough. "Plume. . . I'm so sorry." She whispered. "I've failed you yet again, Via. . . I should have been there. I should have saved her." For the first time in decades, tears threatened to push past the halfling's cold eyes, guilt beyond measure stabbing at her psyche. Oh god, Juniper. . . This is all my fault, I've been away far too long. . . The tear squeezed its way past her barriers, and she wiped it from her eye with a confused frown. This wouldn't do. She stilled herself, took a breath. She looked at the body, her eyes flashing with orange light as the body vanished in a glimmer of light. This would not do. 

And then, she moved on. 

As she had learned to do. 

Nothing left of her grief but a tear upon her sleeve, and another piece chipped away from her small heart.

And a body in the void, dead. . .

For now.    

A blood curdling, absolutely heart wrenching scream erupted from Juniper's throat as she recieved her letter. Collapsing to her knees, she held the note from her final sister's death as if she would die if she let go. "No... NO NO NO! NO!" Juniper shrieked, tears flooding over the young woman's face "You- y-you promised Plume... YOU PROMISED YOU WOULDN'T LEAVE ME!" She continued to heart-breakingly sob as a tsunami of memories crashed over her.
The times Plume had played with her as a little girl. When Juniper was sent away during the war, and Plume would come to visit her in Urguan. Every time Plume had played their mother's beloved violin for Juniper. When Juniper had first lost her hearing, and Plume was the only one who would translate for her. Juniper remembered all the adventures and laughs and hugs and cries she had shared with her beloved sister, Plume. Plume was there for her when their other sister, Theodosia, took her own life, and Plume had been there when Juniper first regained her hearing.
"Juni! You're the best sister ever and I love you." Those were the first words Juni had heard after getting her hearing aids, and they were spoken by none other than Plume. And she would never hear those words again. Now, the last Rose sibling remained, and she was hardly a shell of the person she once was, with her beautiful sisters and mother having moved on without her.

image.thumb.png.a7bf9bc929d45d97f7513e4e6568feb4.png

Once he had heard the news, Radvan's mind began to twist and swirl. A scream of pure anguish was released from the man as he dropped to his knees, first, his brother, his niece, and now, the very person he considers his own daughter." Why, why, WHY!" he shouted;" Why, why would you take my child from this world, why would you remove an innocent, caring person?" 

Would not move from his spot, crumpling the letter in his hand as it balled into a fist, and he could do nothing but cry.

Talinn, upon reading the letter, saddens.
"Who killed her? Who could do such thing?..."
Then, after some time, having read the letter multiple times, he muttered
"Oh no!... Anyway!"
And with that, he went out to do bard things.

Edited by Markisstreaming

Scarlet would fold the letter up carefully after reading, her brows knit perhaps holding her tears back. She said no words instead she was going to keep the written letter as the last thing from the sweet child. The last memory she would treasure of the Plume she knew growing up from Elysium, the world can be so cruel... 

Eilomir would have been confused when the letter first arrived to him. Since when in the world did anyone actually care enough to send mail to him? At first he expected something like an invitation, a request to meet, or even a notice that he was wanted in another village. But as he sat in a tree to read the note, the ever-present smile would fade from his face. "I... who..." For once in his life the smug elf was at a loss for words, for once he didn't have any jokes to make.

Soon the stutters would turn into a chuckle, then into a laugh, even as tears came to his eyes and fell to the paper. 
"Look at that, Plume. Only known you for about a year and you're already making me cry." Wiping away the tears, he'd fold the letter carefully and put it away in his bags so he wouldn't forget it. "You've already done me a huge favor showing me this place. Guess I can't thank you again in person, so a smile's about the least I can do. And if I ever find who or what took you out... I'll just have to wipe the smile from their face instead. You rest easy, wherever you went... until we meet again, at least."

Vaen would wander around the mothers circle, admiring the beauty of the nature as the bird delivered the letter to his hands. Seeing that the letter is from Plume; his trusty friend with whom he grew up with, loved and admired, he smiled brightly. "Oh its from Plume! I wonder how she's doing!"

It didn't take more few seconds. The tears started falling down his cheeks, "No..." his legs lost their strength to carry his body as he fell onto his knees "No..." . Almost as if his fingers went numb, the letter left his hands, peacefully it fell on the ground in front of him. Almost as if the universe itself enjoyed to mock him, the letter fell idly in front of him, still open, the words still readable "No...". Her feature appeared in front of him, the fruit of his own imagination. Beautiful and bubbly person, a wide kind grin, a flower tucked behind her ears. The mossy features of her body as an epiphyte. Between the sobs, he cried out her name "Plume? Is that you?" he spoke with a broken voice, stretching out a hand, only for it to touch thin air, and the feature quickly disappeared, only an illusion created by his own mournful mind. 

Then he cried. Screaming, quickly covering both his eyes with his hands, sobbing like crazy "Why her? Please! Please!" he begged. Perhaps for the aspects. Perhaps for her to hug him one more time, to speak with him one more time. Perhaps to someone to comfort him. He didn't know himself. His voice was broken, "Plumeeee!" the stream of tears couldn't possibly stop. Their experiences together flashed through his eyes. The five year-old boy he was, scared of his own shadow. He remember how he played as a child with Plume and Eilika. He remember the countless of times when he conversed with her, when she encouraged him. The last time they've spoke in the Vale. How he just the other elven day met her sister Juniper. "Plume! Pleased no! It can't be!" 

For the next hour or two he just curled and cried to himself. For him it felt like an eternity. Standing up feels like an impossible task right now. Plume is gone, and he has to deal with it.

Something was missing. Or rather, someone was missing.

The thought occured to Rosalia as she made her way through the square of Nevaehlen. It nagged at her, mind turning until suddenly, it hit her.

Plume.

One, that though she didn't recall ever speaking to her, that she often saw in the square. A name she'd heard spoken often. Someone she remembered was always smiling and so bright.

"May the Aspects welcome you, Plume. It's a little darker now without you."

The Unicorn Druid would view the letter dropped to her whilst within the mother grove. With a hum, she'd open up the letter from Plume, her dearest sister- and feels her heart drop upon reading the letter. She'd stumble, and collapse to the ground, holding her head in her hands. A shriek of complete anguish would leave her as she curls up on the ground, the nature around her mirroring her feelings of grief and sorrow and playing a similar tune. Plume was gone. Her sister was dead. Not a word from the woman was said, but none could be let out through her pained sobs.

~~

Wren Ashwood would read upon the letter within her house in Elysium. From outside, passers by could hear crying. And crashing- the sound of many, many things breaking. 

Edited by verriberri

A small green goblin's face would droop down into sadness as the news reached them, Gul'ash whimpering out a soft "Ghureen gang..." before starting preparations for a good meal to eat away their sorrows and those of others.

Spoiler

OOC NOTE: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT also Reserve 

There was a pit in the stomach of the Kharajyr as he beheld the words. Ri'Keidha read the paper and fondly remembered the few times the child had visited his Pyramid.
Death seemed to be a constant specter that stalked him his many years, and he had become numb to the feeling of loss. There were no tears to be shed.

"Thissin wan wishin bestin luck... Sa'vi, youngin wan, anna hopin fora peace inna what comin after...

The paper was then dropped, with an almost ceremonious grace, into one of the lit braziers at the apex of Eittitica. Ri'Keidha solemnly watched its ashes fly into the sky above carried in a wisp of lightly colored smoke. Without another word, he would resume his duties.

For once- A bright smile would fade. Heavy tears taking hold upon the face of Basha, who had only known Plume as the sweet little Epiphyte who had a heart of gold. The gray-haired woman would find herself in tears, kneeling upon the floor and crying for the loss of someone she cared for dearly. A hand clutched to her heart as silent sobs fell past her lips. She stayed there for a long while- just mourning the loss of a dear friend- HER Best Friend.