VE KIMMITSK I VE SZERISC | The Passing of the Ivory

ThanksChris

VE KIMMITSK I VE SZERISC

‘THE PASSING OF THE IVORY’

LBF2T-MG0iQ93lcGAmi3hm47Qt0z8iyHau5LGIMlWt-l9bV5vMC9Zb_msXl2qATdnQo2Ri6dmczQGeLYfXT9qNan3ZK-sVR0tnBXqTnv_JqMAKEBljq4CxjEL6_QSLHV2LQspyetEuS8UxCTy1gCxSpFr_KvN0V_p5Hy8o6hosS0hbfLTg_1aVf1Rw

Issued by the

AULIC ENVOY

On this 16th of Vzmey ag Hyff, 446 E.S.

VA BIRODEO HERZENAV AG EDLERVIK,

This office, that of the Szara - Aulic Envoy of Hanseti-Ruska, has been my domain for nearing on two decades. Having dedicated my early life to squirehood it is a seat which I never expected to occupy, an appointment I accepted out of duty. It has been said, and is a truth I have come to accept, that duty often demands of us that which we do not see in ourselves. I am grateful to have answered the call for what it has taught me, and for the services to the it has allowed me to render unto Koeng and Kongzem.

It was by the authority granted to me by the Krawn that I had the chance to spare a new generation from the sort of bloodshed I witnessed and partook in during the Sinner’s War as a mere boy. With the invaluable counsel of the Boyars and my peers on the Aulic Council, the Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska has entered a period of peace and prosperity won rather by the pen than the sword. Through deft diplomacy we have witnessed those enemies who might once have threatened our people crumble under the weight of their own wrath. By goodwill responsibly applied we have forged friendships that shall, Godan willing, secure the peace of Almaris for decades to come.

For all the years I have passed in managing the nation’s diplomatic affairs I have remained, in the old Haeseni way, a soldier at heart. Though I’ve adopted the ambassador’s mindset my upbringing in the camps of Eastfleet has coloured my perception of foreign affairs. Thus with my last act in the office I shall amend the motto of this office to reflect the single truth which has defined my experience. The criterion by which I could distinguish fair-weather friend from true ally. Trust is written in blood. In the blood of those with whom we have shared the battlefield - who have sacrificed for us and for whom we sacrifice in return. In this world there can be no greater measure of a friend - no honeyed words, no splendid gifts, no mere promises. I say without reservation to those I have shed blood alongside - of Balian and Sedan, of Urguan and Nevaehlen, of all realms which have now or ever recognized the righteousness of our cause: it has been my fondest pleasure.

I hereby resign the post of Aulic Envoy, and after consultation with his Majesty do announce in his name that I am to be succeeded by the Honourable Esfir Amelya Rose Kortrevich, Bossiras of Koravia. She shall hold the ivory bulava once wielded by Koenas Viktoriya of Metterden, the last woman to occupy the office. By Komit Jan Kortrevich, her ancestor and the first to hold the county that is her birthright. By myself, a humble knight and servant to the Crown, and a proud mentor to this most able of students. In her is vested my complete faith, and may her tenure see the continued triumph of comity, Canondom, and brotherhood amongst Mankind.

TRYZCA OE LEKONSKER IV SANGKRUV

IV JOVEO MAAN

His Excellency, Ser Matyas Joren Baruch, Aulic Envoy of Hanseti-Ruska

The Honourable, Esfir Amelya Rose Kortrevich, Baroness of Koravia, Deputy Envoy

Edited by ThanksChris

The Count smiled brightly, taking a moment from his writings to receive the good news. "Just like her Hauchpapej" He beamed with pride. 

Despite being ill, Esmée Kortrevich celebrated with joy, cheering on her daughter from her room. "House Kortrevich will continue to thrive," she mumbles softly as she folded up the missive.

Ser Reinhardt smiles and welcomes his friend into retirement, giving him a hearty pat on the back “now go train some squire, Ser Matyas” @ThanksChris

"Better see all three of 'em down 'ere now.. Eirik, the wee whale, n' Matyas!" Miven said to Thordir as he read her the missive. 

Somewhere in the warm sunny sands far from the heart of Karosgrad and Haense, a young woman with tresses of silver and raven huddled up under a parasol receives a letter bearing her name - a parasol fitted above her to protect from the harsh rays from the borderline-tropical sun and bright blue sky.

A cough, a choke, a splutter.

"Shite."