about the world team

DahStalker

I'm on my way to class, so I'll make this quick. Please for the love of everything above, give us an estimate of next map. I'm not impatient, id  rather you take your time, but we are overlooking a vital part of our map transition. Our builders. I've heard so many rumors of when our next map will be, spanning anywhere from 4 months to next winter. A lot of people I know are making builds and exhausting themselves including me just because we don't know when the next map is, or even an estimate. Is there a possibility for the sake of builder burnout we get a specific estimate? Thank you. 

Edited by DahStalker

afaik the estimate for it differs and ranges as it's something that they'd have to plan, build and prepare for. from what i can see, the reason why they cant give an precise estimate is because they genuinely don't know since either people leave or join the team -- hindering or aiding progress. furthermore, once they give a specific estimate, they'll be held to it which can grant a bunch of stress.

what id recommend is to stop building anything since you dont even know the current layout of the next map nor the tiles since it sounds like you're giving yourself burnout over a problem that isn't rly there. once they're close to being finished, they'll probably talk with the nations to figure out a release that allows the builders enough time to build a suitable nation/settlement, and go from there

14 minutes ago, PXY said:

afaik the estimate for it differs and ranges as it's something that they'd have to plan, build and prepare for. from what i can see, the reason why they cant give an precise estimate is because they genuinely don't know since either people leave or join the team -- hindering or aiding progress. furthermore, once they give a specific estimate, they'll be held to it which can grant a bunch of stress.

what id recommend is to stop building anything since you dont even know the current layout of the next map nor the tiles since it sounds like you're giving yourself burnout over a problem that isn't rly there. once they're close to being finished, they'll probably talk with the nations to figure out a release that allows the builders enough time to build a suitable nation/settlement, and go from there

I should have been more specific, I had meant projects currently regarding this map and not next. Apologies 

6 minutes ago, DahStalker said:

I should have been more specific, I had meant projects currently regarding this map and not next. Apologies 

oh all good, ill wait for someone who can actually respond then since thats smth i dont know

there will be an announcement 3mo prior to release that we’re 3mo prior to release. During this time land selection/prebuilds/media presence will occur 

a lot of what spoon said also but rather than people leaving mapdev, in this stage (save for the paint/builds) things can take anywhere from a week to a month with systems, lore, etc. to write so again, genuinely don’t know.