Path of Delusions: Part 2

Scribbled all around Ash’s room with ink, on every surface in immediate sight,

All hail the one who seeks only justice,
All hail the one who seeks to destroy darkness itself,
All hail the one who radiates cleansing light,
All hail the Pale Lord and his pure light.

As the elf herself stares blankly into the mirror, the inky passage barely obscures her blank and malnourished face, with only an eerie smile creeping across her expression. It had only been a few months but she’d finally figured it all out, with the help of the Pale Lord, whispering into her mind. Her friend had obviously been tainted by the void, that’s why he was acting so hostile and inhospitable to her, as to go as far as to question her beliefs. But after a week of fasting, the voice in her mind echoed that she was ready to ‘save’ her friend.

All hail the     who see   only justice,
    hail     one who          destroy darkness       ,
         the one     radiates           light,
All hail     Pale Lord         pure      .

‘What happened?’ was the first question which popped out of Ash’s mind as the elf’s head hit the floor, then subsequently drowned out by her left shoulder’s agonising wails into her mind before blacking out again, her consciousness being dragged to and from the abyss of unconsciousness similar to the sensation of waterboarding. A faint memory of a room as her left arm felt loose. Another of her left arm falling off surrounded by silver spires. The inability to focus as she is bombarded with guilt and shame over her failure of completing the Pale Lord’s desire to cleanse the void.

A l  ail  h      w o  ee    nl  ust ce,
    hai   ne  wo        story   ark ess,
      he on    radio        ight,
              Pale Lord   a  delusion.

At last, her mind finally gets a hold over her sanity, beginning to push back the weakening plague inflicted on the elf.

“Huh? Ea attacked vy?” Ash would say with a confused and raised brow to her friend, who only confirms the fact that she attempted to kill him. “I- don’t remember much of anything,” “It’s been all a blur,” she answers to the ones who questioned her odd behaviour over the past two years. As she sits in her room yet again, this time in front of a fractured mirror, her now lively and green gemstone-like irises staring back at her through the cracks. “I wish what I said was true,” she says to herself as tears begin to swell up in her eyes, holding her face with her right remaining hand, crying herself to sleep.

Spoiler

[OOC] Well that's the end of whatever plagued my character, thanks again to all those who joined in on the roleplay. Now for her to deal with a missing arm and perhaps ptsd. Goodbye for now!