Gridlock

Minecraft IGN(s):

_Gridlock

Discord:

Gridlock#1220

Ban Selection

In-Game Ban

Ban Reason

Toxicity and bad behaviour towards staff.

What circumstances led to this ban?

It's been a while so I don't recall the exact circumstances of the ban at the time. But I think it boiled down to me refusing to alter my character's height as the height I was using was not an unrealistic real life height. The lotc rules disagreed, and I had already been growing somewhat spiteful toward the mod team due to prior incidents. I had previously went on a somewhat trolly rant in a discord comparing the mod team to nazi's and when I was told to change my height I told the banning moderator to go back to scouring basements for stowaways. I was banned shortly after. The discord ranting was days if not over a week prior and it did not prompt a ban at the time because several moderators joined the chat roasting me back.

Are there aspects of the ban you agree and/or disagree with?

I still think the height rule is unjust, as humans can definitely grow over the limit that is in place as of now. Though I realise it is a rule on the server, and server humans aren't real life humans so if the rules say they can't, I shouldn't fight it. I still think the rule should be looked at, but I will accept it in the future. The toxicity and bad behaviour I can definitely understand, though I don't really understand why it took the team so long to ban me. The trash talk is obviously unacceptable, but the fact that people were pulling into it on the discord made it enjoyable for me which caused me to continue it to see where the limit was. Childish, but it amused me at the time. I can pretend it didn't, but that would be dishonest.

What motivates you to return to LOTC?

I like roleplaying on the server and would like to get back to playing with friends from time to time.

Attach other relevant information.

N/A

Accepted.

Although I understand you were upset regarding the circumstances of your ban, please try to remember there are people behind the screen.