EoE VI | Emerald Duty

Amayonnaise

fs8JXtAbZGwXYySftyB8GxbXeYHJ_FI-TFKXg-X7foKNsBFiKhElKTDppTJTNxaexgoogpT7WDg5zLaaVdnFucAl_FvmiXTtiVQHBtGlMfNeyEwaI2kav_KhDYvBYK1lPnfURT5S7AeKtiOQO4xjnkM

Exploration on Emerald
.VI.

Avyndriel of the Sun

TdY0bM6VTTs99TOv-Lkm-eGH8Q5R1dFBnaUssLQlgN8Yt-9f5mNLghte02z66Wk0eQnfHUOY4LJ6lPNfXOet3xH_KbBxFI9B17rAKy00wNBv2dpB3P3LugLpJyB_ykOY0TMjZpGqmR22V9yw7OzGd7A

“To will change upon the self, is to change the world.

Only through Will can all balance be attained.”

- The Axiom of Will, Teachings of Sister Hurricane -

TdY0bM6VTTs99TOv-Lkm-eGH8Q5R1dFBnaUssLQlgN8Yt-9f5mNLghte02z66Wk0eQnfHUOY4LJ6lPNfXOet3xH_KbBxFI9B17rAKy00wNBv2dpB3P3LugLpJyB_ykOY0TMjZpGqmR22V9yw7OzGd7A

Emerald Duty

When we gaze upon the second Exploration of Emerald, Emerald Presence, we come to understand that our duty is not to consistently uphold the natural balance. The natural world will always persist, even after we abandon our ivory towers and stone castles. It needs no aid in its restoration.

Rather, it is my understanding that Gifted Druii possess their connection in aid against forces and creatures that were not made for our realm entirely. We can spend our days roaming the continent, restoring abandoned settlements and healing blight and other disturbances, but what is the use of our connection if we cannot battle the very forces causing this corruption?

If all we ever focus on is restoration and recovery, the forces will only ever grow in number and inevitably overwhelm us. You can spend your lifetime trimming a weed when it grows, or you can spend a moment removing its roots and preventing its return entirely. Our duty when attuned is not to embrace our connection and live in harmony. Our duty is to rise as the Aspects’ army, protecting their work in restoration and recovery within the Tayna, by combatting the unnatural entities who seek to wreak havoc upon our realm.

I recall Circles of old, from my youth, who were highly involved in such feats. Their gates always open, welcoming travelers regardless of origin and race, and praising any opportunity to spread the teachings of the natural world and their duties. I recall an era of harmony between Malin’s Kin and the Aspects’ Servants. 

The Oracle recalls this also. I spoke to her of the current era of the Druii, and she drew forth what I had originally written here - “I await its return, with bated breath”. With this, she then asked of me,

“Why do you wait, Avyn?”

“Seeking the right moment?”

I had originally written these Articles during my residence within the Vale of Nevaehlen. When I finally spoke to the Oracle of Emerald however, I had already relocated to the village of Oswin. I recognised the prevailing cowardice. I yearned for the return of our Golden Era. With this, Awaiti said simply,

Then you are not waiting

With my attunement, the Aspects called upon me to recognise the totem I had been blessed with. I came to understand that each of our totems is not simply a moniker of our stories thus far, but rather the duty granted upon us by the Lord and Lady. With this, I revealed what I understood mine to be.

I wondered if perhaps I would take my Mother’s original moniker - but I suppose it would be best our paths are not alike. I will be strong where she was weak. I will shine where she began to falter. I will be the Sun that disgraced me so long ago. I will be radiant when the darkness seeks to envelop us. I will be your hope, when my brethren begin to wither and fade.

As long as I remain, the Druii will persevere. The light will never fade. The Sun will never set.”

This is my duty.

a-hCYaHIOKAbIYNooQqZYLpAawRoi6C_Xe9jKldI-_pQIy84jG1PQrOlAYpi_7D4dJyoAyN-pPQqFNhx9Q-tODOncsKvQ8jYQyYg_QTvFmm_DrIwSAlCdMzxWzhEW09iV3gIw805_8X9W6EXyD6vtbQ

gn4tO32YpeiEkMscSO-lqL2FE2UsiCw6ud6TZ6wJqMhW98aogETRn1iupXkQebBUKR5_77jZKzA9qtLdE-IDieH5-7ASYM1SgQKRsciLhS2khlrlwC1FZGRk58exxaVTd4E64MUMhcEjauVSO5KCQTI