The Snapdragon's Rest

annanicole__

image.thumb.png.7c7375bd0b4cc84af8a15502373e01f9.png

Issued by the Office of the Governess of the Palatio Monterosa

11th of Horen’s Calling, 54 B.A.

Rra6wVH9Ji_xDTMXnGjy94jDR_sZiOfU4XSDAaCaZloWsqeTL8E1n9iJFu14atMkqn3wvlaBYf4eRrK2nOK0ClVz1vz0CsQmckx9u3SWzBVcbjGKmaaNWEhIzsXWqTe8uthIqsJRGGhiPKxxTbSmH5g

-hm9sGVs8tgz7fGJUlfGHdHmGT12pCgeuwQk9aFmc_AW0-xR9Nvw-afDX_ntMy4OirDrqF7ZT2SySo0dlaP1VV7USly_nuPUsfFSNjk9R7mirFk3GmBPGsEP7LTyO6ZGRB0phGovy4lyGd6ZS3PQ8O0

I have been Governess of the Palatio Monterosa for twenty-three years. My father, King John, appointed me as the Governess, and I promised him I would make him proud. During this time, I have created a system of working etiquette and manners that elevated Balian to be one of the most regal of any present human kingdom, surpassing many of its predecessors which were in the process of dying out due to a lack of decorum. The fashions of Balian were likewise spearheaded by myself, introducing a unique cultural image that all the people of Balian could use to differentiate themselves from our counterparts in the northern Heartlands. Finally, I founded the annual Symposia Pragma, a continuation of the Orenian Social Season that brings together both nobles and citizens in the hopes of finding successful unions and ushering in future generations for our kingdom.

However, I grow exhausted and I do not believe I could ever host another ball in my lifetime lest I succumb to madness. It is time for me to rest and enjoy these next decades with my children and grandchildren.  Thus, the time has come for me to relinquish my command of the Monterosa and its court. 

Therefore, I have named my daughter, Serena Viviana d'Arkent, to continue my legacy. Seven years ago, I began teaching Serena so that she could follow in my footsteps. I am confident that my daughter will succeed as the subsequent Governess of the Palatio Montersoa. 

-hm9sGVs8tgz7fGJUlfGHdHmGT12pCgeuwQk9aFmc_AW0-xR9Nvw-afDX_ntMy4OirDrqF7ZT2SySo0dlaP1VV7USly_nuPUsfFSNjk9R7mirFk3GmBPGsEP7LTyO6ZGRB0phGovy4lyGd6ZS3PQ8O0

SIGNED,

HER ROYAL HIGHNESS, Princess Augustina Therosia “The Snapdragon Princess” of Balian, Countess of Salia and Governess of the Palatio Monterosa

The first Monterosan Governess orders an astounding bouquet of flowers to be delivered to the Snapdragon in celebration of her retirement and profound merit in developing the Courts of Balian.

Fabian Kortrevich, having found himself striving to win the favor of the d'Arkents, sets to arranging flowers and gifts abound for the retiring and incoming Governesses alike.

"My Matera has served us all well, I think we can all agree that she deserves a break." Said the Don D'Arkent, from the Snapdragon Estate.

Serena Viviana was already busy at work with piles of papers stacked high on her desk. She was likely already envying her mother's retirement. 

Spoiler

I'll write a real response later lols

Peter, The Count of Salia prepared several mimosas, and drinks ready to spend the rest of his elderly years resting on the lurels he and his wife had earned through their service to the Kingdom of Balian!

"A well-deserved retirement." the younger Augustina muses, awaiting a batch of lemon cakes to finish baking for both governesses.