Setting Fire to the Sails

Gutz

SETTING FIRE TO THE SAILS

A public letter to a Dotre from House Amador

image.thumb.png.6a550a4f3c379788ac673a8fa20b77f1.png

TO MY ELDEST DOTRE,

NATALIYA MARIYA AMADOR 

474 EHR SIGMUNDA

The topic of my health has been made aware to my relatives since the start of its decline, although vague and hidden under safeguard of privacy. What started out as a simple cold devolved into an unknown illness that kept me bedridden for months. Nameless, this creature was– yet stripped me of function over my legs. I can feel the very braces that maintain my position now under the very desk I reside at– also hidden under wraps and skirts on account of pride.

Yet, recently a new monster has risen. Mentally debilitating rather than physical– Goddan numbers my days and awaits my end with earnestness it seems. Doctors have determined it to be a wilting of my mind. My days have become foggy, and I forget what happened just last saint's day. It has been determined by these doctors that the progression will continue– each paper containing crucial memories flying from my desk until only the wood beneath resides.

My papej- your hauchpapej- Filip Amador lived for ships. He even created a whole game about the mere subject just for me. Regardless, . He told me a story as a child about a crew settling their ship ablaze to escape pirates. To them, it was fight or die. Perhaps that is what I am doing now–setting my ship ablaze?

I am, by no means, fit to rule House Amador in the state I am. Yet I set the course of my ship forward regardless. May God guide your ship in a better light. May she never be faced by the torch, where you must touch it to her sails then! Goddan knows I tried to prevent such.

You are to steer the ship now, Nataliya. I have tried to teach you the methods of coordinates and star-reading to steer the house appropriately. I can only pray that you abided and listened keenly, as I can no longer guide you any longer in accordance with my health and your age. To the public, they may address you as the new Matriarch of House Amador– rightful heir of Mondstadt and Phoenix of our ancient house. Any matters or concerns with the house are now yours.

Attached to this letter is my will. In order to protect its legitimacy, it will be made known publicly so no temperament may occur. I will entrust to you, Nataliya, that its goods be dispersed accordingly in the event of my final end. But nevertheless,

May the fleets sail on,

AG FROM THE ASHES WE RISE,

Firress, Olessya Irene Amador.

THE WILL OF OLESSYA AMADOR

~

TO MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY I BESTOW:

MAGNUS AMADOR

My husband– my friend. I wish to leave you with a sum of 2k Minae. Do what you will with it, our matters have always been private from one another despite the name that pairs us together. I ask that you do, however, keep watch over my dotres. You have cared for them so-- greater than I ever have. I owe you more than I can ever give monetarily for that. I ask that love does not cease simply because of my passing. 

MARINA AG LUTZIYA AMADOR. 

I lament that my health has taken me from participation in your lives. However, my keen eye will still be upon you no matter where I wind up– even if it is in God's kingdom. To each of you, I give you a dress that will suit you later in life, alongside a sum of minae for each of you– 1k each. With these, I want you to marry well– entice a man of high status and continue the bloodline. Such is your duty. Do not let mamej down. I additionally leave you with my old candy recipe. Use it, alter it, or throw it away altogether– do what you will with it. 

LIRIDONA AMADOR

Similar to your other sisters, I expect a good husband of good status for you. Unlike them, however, I have been enabled by your age to guide you towards such. The Colborn you seem to favor would be well suited for you– hence I pre-approve any marriages with him or anyone else from the House Colborn. Goddan knows Amador has been close with them upon our return to Haense. 

I leave you thus with my wedding dress and a standard dress. Alter them, wear them, or completely dispose of them– they are yours to do whatever with. I additionally leave you with my first Kokonishk. Hard effort went into its purchase, and I wish to leave it to someone who also took up a great deal of my efforts to raise. I ask that you maintain it well. 

TO MY SECONDARY FAMILY I BESTOW:

ILARIA AMADOR

My sestra, I lament letting you marry your second husband and bear his children. Such a chaotic ordeal it was, so I leave you with one of my rings as enticement to not marry so poorly again. Focus on yourself and on your abundant children– God knows they need you with the absence of their estranged papej. 

AIROMAR AMADOR. 

My Borsa, you have long been my best friend in life. We have been through the roughs more than anyone else will ever know– and for that alone, I owe you greatly. I leave you thus with my wine collection and wine making materials. Within these materials you will find the various recipes– some which I put to use, others left to drafts. You were always my drinking partner, and perhaps my general sidekick in life’s long journey. I can only hope this will be adequate for my thanks, alongside attire I made for you that never fully left my closet. 

TO MY HEIR I BESTOW:

NATALIYA AMADOR

For the 18 years and counting I have raised you the best I could to prepare you for the responsibilities you will carry after my death. Hence, I leave you with monetary preparement. The rest of the minae in my treasury– that which is not already allotted to go elsewhere– will go to you to utilize for the assured success of this House. I also leave you with one of my personal dresses and Kokonishks. You have always been twin to me in appearance, so I am certain they will look dobry on you. I can only lament I will not be present to see you in them, nor see you lead this house fully after my death. 

FINAL WORDS:

I publish this now, 474 EHR SIGMUNDA, as to prevent alterations later. I fear that my condition– my failing mind– may lead me to make rash and harmful decisions. I seek to prevent such by this early publication. These belongings are not to be distributed until my passing, and as it stands now, this will is final and unalterable. The only exception to this is in the scenario where a person listed on my will dies before me, or if one of the goods assigned to someone perishes. In such a case, I leave it to my eldest dotre– Nataliya Amador– to redistribute my belongings accordingly. 

IV JOVEO MANN

Firress, Olessya Irene Amador, Co-Head to the Mistress of the Robes, Matriarch of House Amador.

Airomar watched from the comfort of his room in Macrath manor the birthday party of the twins. Unbeknownst to the rapidly aging man, a large shift had come to his house. He only let out a mournful laugh as soon as a maid servant had revealed what Olessya had given to her closest of kin as a parting gift. "Mea sestra, always foolish. If she's loosing her mind, Ea might as well share a drink with her." He began making his way to their hookah room, rummaging through the cabinets for the wine he was bestowed.

Liridona Amador sat in her room after the party held for her and her twin, thinking over the words her mother had said. Mixed feelings flooded over the Amador girl... Was she happy that Nataliya was now in charge? Was she disappointed her mother had not even offered any words of kindness or encouragement? Perhaps it was expected, and this was no surprise. Even still, that doesn't mean it didn't hurt always being the second choice.

On the contrary, Ilaria Amador let out a mildly irritated sigh. "Did vy have to bring up Greg ag mea children, Olessya?" The elder woman huffed. Nonetheless, a ray of pride shone in Ilaria, knowing her beloved niece Nataliya would bring good things to their house.

A jubilant young Amador keenly listened to her sister, Nataliya, read the contents of the letter. Her cheerfulness gradually diminished like a flame wavering in the wind, “Ea… ea do niet get it… why is mamej leaving us these nice things? Where is she going?” With each query that emitted from her, she tugged at her sister’s skirt to demand an answer.

Ignorant with the innocence that comes with youth, Marina was unaware that soon she would only have her elder sisters to look up to.

[!] A handwritten note lay scrawled in messy ink stains and childish penmanship upon dear Olessya’s desk [!]

Dear Auntie,

I know we haven’t stayed in contAct much over the years so I understaND why you didn’t include me in your will so I’m just here to say that all is forgiven! I didn’t wanna give this to you in person because of the priest watchdogs with their point sticks and dungeoNs but when you fall asleep you’ll be able to join me on the shelf for TeA!

I pray for you in my heart and in your walls.

With Patience, Edlynne Mara Amador

[!] On the back side of the letter was a depiction, wrought from crayons, of a flaxen haired little girl and a ginger haired women enjoying a spot of tea. [!]

Anatoily Godunov would scratch his head " alright but dose that mean ea still get to spar nataliya?"