FALCONS FLY IN PAIRS

FALCONS FLY IN PAIRS

17th of Horen’s Calling, 1923 IC | 17th of Wzuvar and Byvca, 476 ES

8PhE7in.png

image.thumb.png.17823ac4f8f1664ab4bc774250507d4a.png

It is with great rejoicement that our family has received from His Majesty, the King of Haense, our ancient holding of the Barony of Thurant. 

The return of this ancient title, being part and parcel to the identity of our modern House since the dark days of the Stafyr Civil War those many centuries ago, has been my mission since I was a boy. Furthermore, it has been the goal of my ancestors since the Second Falcon’s Fall on the Arcasian continent. 

For well over a hundred years, our branch of Stafyr-Beron has stewarded over the scattered lines of our founder, Beorn. As the guardian of our House, I have seen my family endure many hardships. I myself grew up in a thatched hut in the Grenz, the son of a poor falconeer, and I have sometimes wondered why a broken attorney from the heartlands was chosen to shepherd my family. Yet, by the grace of God, such was my lot in life, and I am ever so glad that I have had the opportunity to restore the Stafyr name. 

But there is more to this story yet to be shared. Were it not for my wife, who discovered me rummaging for paper in the ruins of Vienne as a teenager, I would have taken a very different path. I would have walked the path of ‘Raul Freeman’, the alias under which I practiced the law before revealing my true heritage.

Since we met that fateful day, we have worked together hand in hand to restore the ancient House of Stafyr. We have complemented each other’s skills throughout this journey, and I daresay that this restoration could never have been achieved had we not worked together as we have for so many years.

In the days of Saint Godwein, women were second class citizens within the realms of humanity. This tragic disparity between the sexes hampered mankind for years, only to be finally abolished by a handful of brave souls over the course of the last two centuries. Yet I am proud of my people, the Almannir, and my ancestors, the ancient Stafyrs who preceded me, for having always treated our female members with both dignity and respect.

The Almannir people do not shackle their wives and daughters to mere duties in the kitchen. We have never viewed our women in such a regressive way. Instead, we ride with them into battle. We ask them for counsel. And when they triumph, we are proud of them.

Was it not Sybilla, the daughter of Beorn, the founder of one of our House’s three lines? Was she not equal to her brothers, Hanethor and Galtor? And did not from her lineage come Ser Alastair of Shattenburg, Ser Konrad of Nenzing, and Isabel, Countess of Leuven? 

These were all colossal figures in their own right who embodied her same noble spirit, and though she is not a Stafyr by birth, Elia of Bethlenen has arguably done as much for our people as I have. Her actions are worthy of recognition in the Book of Tales, and I have therefore seen fit to recognize them in a suitably historic manner, worthy of special dispensation unique to our traditions that I believe my ancestors would smile upon.

image.png.ba0049d43d39417d2833c56512d1da1c.png

Let it be known that I, Arthur Stafyr, 23rd Lord and Guardian of Stafyr, 11th Baron of Thurant, recognize and elevate my wife, Elia of Bethlenen, to the status of Baroness of Thurant in her own right. 

image.png.b3fa6c3252ef4c307a9ef50aabf4320b.png

She is to rule by my side as an equal, not as a consort, as we lead our family unto a new era. We have been equals in our leadership thus far, and I see no reason to change this.

I would conclude this missive with an old saying among my people…

…Falcons fly in pairs.

Lincent. Honorum. Pietas.

Arthur Stafyr

23rd Lord of House Stafyr, Baron of Thurant,
Chief Jovenaar of the Aulic Court

Elia Stafyr-Colborn

Lady of House Stafyr, Baroness of Thurant,
Curator of the Crown Jewels

Thondorus Stafyr

Keeper of the Book of Tales

Edited by House Stafyr

Silently upon a balcony within her beloved home that aging woman stared off, lips falling into a small quiver. “Finally, all of my work has paid off-...” Spoke that scyfling, overwhelmed with a plethora of emotions. However, she briefly wondered... Were her ancestors proud?

Edited by DahStalker

"Oh, my sweet Elia is all grown. I remember when she was just a-" The elderly Adrian Colborn went into a fit of coughs that drew up blood, staining his 'kerchief. Though his smile remained his face was awfully pale. While his aged mind couldn't grasp things for long, he seemed to eye the 'Bethlehen' section. His interest kept for a few times as though something seemed wrong. When he looked up at the banner of Bethlenen hung not too far away. He could have sworn... ah well. Adrian's thoughts were quick to stop as he fell back asleep, parchment staining with drool. Though for once he had a sweet dream about his accomplished grandchild, who he saw as his own daughter.

Carolus Colborn threw a blanket over the old man sitting in his office on a rocking chair. It was always nice to see him wide-eyed about something, and now was a moment for the young Patriarch to also celebrate

8 hours ago, JuliusAakerlund said:

"Oh, my sweet Elia is all grown. I remember when she was just a-" The elderly Adrian Colborn went into a fit of coughs that drew up blood, staining his 'kerchief. Though his smile remained his face was awfully pale. While his aged mind couldn't grasp things for long, he seemed to eye the 'Bethlehen' section. His interest kept for a few times as though something seemed wrong. When he looked up at the banner of Bethlenen hung not too far away. He could have sworn... ah well. Adrian's thoughts were quick to stop as he fell back asleep, parchment staining with drool. Though for once he had a sweet dream about his accomplished grandchild, who he saw as his own daughter.

[!] Oh no, it seemed a couple of splotches of ink had been found upon the missive! Removing them would reveal that the correct spelling had been used after all...