[EVENTLINE] THE SECOND FRANKISH CONQUEST

[EVENTLINE TRAILER] THE SECOND FRANKISH CONQUEST

zghT8xMTjOs70wSBNFvH3mEKonTdZ0PqKO8HxcDu6ckT7B9XzENgKuzM-l_y7TohJPOTJUaelXJ6W9VLhiRbdh2FgFMNzPfl0cDhjHvMKHFgG7Lt-YTg7R9ylDpSmBMOUA8EvjPCKSCRLbO7MH7oUPc

A series of diaries, letters, and speeches regarding the events of the First Frankish Conquest, and initial Aevosian Landings.

ACCOUNT 1 - THE LANDING
Ulrich von Minitz, 25th of First Seed.

image.png?width=841&height=480

We have landed in the foreboding lands of Aevos, a realm draped in uncertainty and trepidation. 

The weight of war that we’ve left behind rested heavy upon my shoulders as I tread upon these unfamiliar shores. The hearts of the Reinmaren got burdened with the anticipation of conflict. 

My path through the formidable Langkette mountains was fraught with danger, each step a reminder of the perils that lie ahead. We ventured through treacherous passages, where the ancient forests whispered of ominous secrets, and the stones seemed to bear witness to the impending storm. 

As we approached the imposing Langkette mountains, a shiver ran down my spine at the sight of figures lining the cliffs. Strange men stood there, their bodies cloaked in blue war paint, an eerie symbol of their allegiance to a cause that we know not of. Their swords and spears glinted ominously in their hands, shields poised for defense. Others atop horses and chariots moved with an unsettling grace, their presence casting a shadow of uncertainty upon our hearts. 

Duke Brandt, our battle-hardened leader, commanded a halt, recognizing the danger that loomed before us. We knew not what lay behind those painted faces, nor the depths of their prowess in battle. It was a wariness that settled within us, fueling the need for caution and strategic contemplation.

A restless tension clung to the air as we paused, seeking counsel from the Herzograt, the wise counsel of our people. Their somber deliberations mirrored the uneasiness that gnawed at our souls. With heavy hearts, we forged a path forward, mindful of the unknown that awaited us. The army stood still, basking in the dying embers of daylight, as if time itself conspired to prolong our unease. 

With each passing moment, the Aevosians' watchful eyes burned into our collective consciousness, their mere presence a reminder of the lurking dangers we were about to face. Kilometer after kilometer, we ventured deeper into this enigma-shrouded land, our senses heightened, every rustle in the underbrush triggering a wave of apprehension. 

The path we sought was elusive, hidden within the labyrinthine secrets of Aevos. And yet, the Aevosians remained like elusive phantoms, shadowing our every move, their intentions veiled in a disquieting mystery. The command to advance reverberated through our ranks, setting hearts pounding and nerves on edge. All time seemed to stand still as not a soul moved.

A solitary figure emerged, Sir Robert, holding aloft a horsetail banner that seemed to ripple with a foreboding energy. The banner of the Adlerwache.  His words echoed with determination, stirring a courage within us all. 

“March, fellow warriors, unless you wish to betray your banner to the mysteries that surround us! I, for one, shall fulfill my sacred duty to Minitz and our revered Duke!"

With bated breath, we followed, driven by a sense of duty and the lingering fury towards the unknown. As we stepped onto the open plains, a storm of arrows rained upon us, piercing the air with a symphony of death. The ground quaked beneath the thundering hooves of the Aevosian cavalry, their charge a menacing crescendo in the symphony of war. Our resolve wavered and heightened, our spirits tested in the crucible of battle. Each clash, each swing, each sword that met the shield, sent tremors of unease coursing through our veins. 

Duke Brandt's voice, steady yet laced with tension, directed our forces, shifting the tide in moments of impending collapse. He ordered Ser Yvian to charge alongside the cavalry and the Ritters, his presence both inspiring and a reminder of the fragile line between valor and oblivion. The fighting was brutal, the outcome uncertain, as unease mingled with the sweat upon our brows. A signal, at long last, pierced the cacophony of battle, and the Aevosians withdrew, vanishing like specters into the haze of war. 

The cost we paid was steep, lives lost and scars etched deep into our souls. As we stood upon that hard-won ground, our weary bodies bore witness to the toll of war, and the smell. Blood coated the dry and fertile land we had just won. Strangely, a  lingering calm settled upon us. We had made a foothold in Aevos. Our new home.

VYQC4wLG3ePWet5YI3UsAnAhBtglSHkvXF99n4VjykJfrIvWLc3z8MRTe-f3OUeeXCFOTq18UFLnlj5BDq_q15E4Ts8wuKD4UTMeijzDDdzTZSStTm8msPrztZe4-qG9DwLuD_PIiWAPlb5A1N8x3oU

ACCOUNT 2 - LEONSRUHE
Lord Bailiff, Ludolf Barclay, 31st of First Seed. 
Recipient: Warchief Cisyn Grima 

image.png

Cisyn, here is my report detailing the recent events we have experienced during our advancement in the unknown lands of Aevos. Duke Brandt commands you to summon the rest of our armies to the field in the wake of the following report.

It is with a sense of urgency and a deep-seated unease that I relay this information to you, as the consequences of our actions may have far-reaching implications. You know that our initial landing was met with unexpected resistance from an enigmatic group of men, whose origins and intentions remain shrouded in mystery.

Through a fierce battle, we valiantly fought our way to gain a foothold in the designated plains assigned to us by King James. Note that we suffered casualties, paying a dear price for each step forward. 

As we advanced further, the surrounding environment intensified the sense of foreboding that gripped our ranks. The dense forests encroached upon us, concealing lurking dangers, while the imposing mountains loomed as a constant reminder of the unknown perils that awaited.

It was within this unnerving backdrop that I, along with Duke Brandt's Hirdmen, came across a peculiar structure on the open plain during patrol. The sight before us was nothing short of surreal. A monument, crafted from stacked stones, rose ominously in the distance. Yet, it was the eerie adornments that adorned this structure that caused a chill to run down our spines. Bones, suspended by leather ropes, swayed hauntingly in the wind, casting macabre shadows upon the land. The atmosphere was heavy with an unsettling energy, our senses tingling with apprehension. Upon Duke Brandt's command, I led my men to scout the monument, unaware of the macabre spectacle that awaited us. 

As we approached, our eyes were drawn to a gathering of enigmatic figures. Clad in black garments, their arms raised skyward, they chanted in a foreign tongue, their voices resonating with an otherworldly quality. Accompanying them were a horde of women, also donned in black attire, wielding flaming sticks. 

They screamed like animals as they charged towards us with feral abandon. In that moment, a paralyzing fear gripped us all, rendering us motionless and wide-eyed. The sheer surrealism of the scene before us defied comprehension, leaving us momentarily stunned and unable to process the gravity of the situation. It was as if we had unwittingly stumbled upon an ancient ritual, a macabre dance with the forces that dwell beyond our realm of understanding. 

It was only when Captain Frode rallied our spirits with a resounding defiance, hurling insults at the chanting strange men, that we regained our senses and swiftly counterattacked. The clash was brief, and they stood no chance. We fought all the way through the frenzied mob towards the monument. However, it was at this moment of clarity that we made a chilling realization. This was not a battle; the strange men stood atop a colossal funeral pyre.

One of the surviving women ignited the pyre with her flaming stick, and the field transformed into a blazing inferno, engulfing the bodies of the fallen Aevosians. It was in that horrifying moment that the gravity of our unwitting participation in a massive human sacrifice fully dawned upon us, casting a pall of darkness over our souls. These events, Cisyn, are ill omens. We make camp now. The enigma that surrounds us grows ever more perplexing. We do not know the consequences of that action.

I convey this report to you, Cisyn, to ensure that the gravity of our circumstances is duly recognized and deliberated upon. Make haste, and bring the Eulenwache here immediately. We need men. 

Yours faithfully, Sir Ludolf Barclay

VYQC4wLG3ePWet5YI3UsAnAhBtglSHkvXF99n4VjykJfrIvWLc3z8MRTe-f3OUeeXCFOTq18UFLnlj5BDq_q15E4Ts8wuKD4UTMeijzDDdzTZSStTm8msPrztZe4-qG9DwLuD_PIiWAPlb5A1N8x3oU

ACCOUNT 3 - OFFICIAL DECREE
Erstkanzler, Sir Karl von Theonus

image.png?width=725&height=701

SÖHNE UND TÖCHTER VON MINITZ,

It is thus by the decree of the wise Herzog Brandt Barclay, that all these documents be officialized and be available to the public, and that many of their functionalities be utilized immediately.

It is with a grave sense of urgency that I address you today. Recent events in the lands of Aevos have unveiled threats and enigmatic forces that demand our utmost attention and preparedness. As we stand on the precipice of the unknown, it is imperative that we take decisive action to ensure our continued safety and advance the cause of our conquest. 

We have witnessed firsthand the unsettling presence of these mysterious forces, the very essence of which sends shivers down our spines. It is in the face of these uncertainties that we must band together, drawing strength from our shared purpose and determination. In light of these events, I hereby issue this decree, calling upon the brave tribesmen of Minitz to mobilize and aid in the construction of a fortified settlement near the enigmatic monument we encountered.

This new settlement will serve as our bastion of strength and security. We shall raise our city in its place. Through the combined efforts of our people, we shall erect walls that rise tall and strong, providing us with a sanctuary amidst the unknown. Our unity and resilience will be our shield, protecting us from the lurking dangers that surround us. I implore every able-bodied tribesman to heed this call, as our collective strength lies in our numbers.

Together, we shall bring forth a legacy of valor and fortitude, leaving an indelible mark upon the annals of history. Let it be known that this endeavor serves a dual purpose – not only will it ensure our safety, but it will also contribute to the greater conquest for our home. Our commitment to the cause shall forge a path of triumph, and the fortified settlement will stand as a beacon of our resolve. Therefore, I call upon the tribesmen of Minitz to rally behind this cause, for the time has come to build our future amidst the mysteries of Aevos. With every swing of the hammer and every stone laid, we inch closer to our ultimate victory. May the spirits of our ancestors guide us, and may the strength of our unity shield us from the darkness that encroaches. Together, we shall prevail.

UNWAVERING UNDER THE SUN,

Ser Karl von Theonus.

ACCOUNT 4 - THE SPEECH AT KANUNSBERG
Herzog, Brandt I Barclay

image.png

Men of Reinmar, Gather 'round and listen well, for I have words to share that shall steady your hearts and ignite the fire of confidence within your souls.

Know your own strength within you, my warriors!  I have been a witness to the immense strength and unyielding spirit that resides in each and every one of you, following the wars and battles you have endured. 

These lands of Aevos have tested us, my brave warriors. We have faced these enigmatic savages, and have witnessed strange events that would make even the stoutest hearts tremble. Yet, we have not faltered. Through perseverance and unwavering determination, we have carved a place to call our own amidst these foreign lands. Kanunsberg, our newfound city, stands! It marks all of our resilience and triumph. 

Yet, our journey is still far from over. The lowlands still hold the presence of those mysterious men who harass us. We shall not cower in fear of them, for it is our duty to clear these plains and claim them as our own. 

No longer shall we be spectators to the unknown. We shall stride forth with unwavering courage, guided by the strength of the Reinmaren that flows through our veins. I, Brandt, stand with you not only as your leader but also as a fellow warrior, seeking to calm your restless hearts and inspire confidence. 

Let it be known that I believe in each and every one of you. Your spirits are unbreakable, your resolve unyielding. The path ahead is fraught with challenges, my comrades, but I have no doubt that together we shall conquer them all.

We shall banish the shadows that haunt these plains and carve a future that shines brightly with our triumphs. The legacy of my good father, Herzog Leon rests deep within us, and it is this legacy that shall guide us to victory. Therefore, cast aside your doubts and fears, my fellow warriors. Rise up! Our destiny awaits! Let the drums of courage beat within your chests as we march forward, united in purpose and unwavering in our pursuit of victory! 

For the Reinmaren! For Kanunsberg! For the glory that awaits us!

WER RASTET, DER ROSTET!

ACCOUNT 5 - UNKNOWN

image.png

Last night, the crying of the children kept me awake, and I had a terrible vision. I saw the fall of our city, bleached with blood under a crimson sun. Minitz, in ruins. Our churches defiled.

Our treasures scattered over the plains. And the terrible cries of our women moved Saint Tylos to tears. 

My son, sit with me for a while, so that I might tell you about our city. For soon, our family will be entrusted to you. 

We Reinmaren are a civilized people. Ours is a warlike way. The rule of law, and the pursuit of glory. As warriors and settlers, we have brought these new lands under our own. Yet, in strengthening Kanunsberg, we have stretched ourselves thin. And now, as I look out from our beloved city, I see us surrounded by many dangers. Study our people, and our enemies, my son. Be ready. Do not let the dreams of Old Man Leon come in ruin.

ACCOUNT 6 - BLOODIED JOURNAL

This account was found on the bloody corpse of a Reinmaren officer.

image.png?width=841&height=590

Writing this quick, gotta share what I heard. Something strange is happening out here, and I can't ignore it. Gonna check it out, see what's going on. 

These lands near Kanunsberg, they give me the chills. Shadows creeping, and whispers filling the air. Can't shake off the feeling that danger's lurking around every corner. 

Came across a hidden spot, surrounded by ancient stones. Symbols carved deep, mystifying as hell. It's like we've stumbled into some forbidden territory of the savages, where their secrets are kept. 

But that isn't the worst of it. I heard them, voices chanting in a language I can't understand. Something dark's being summoned, something beyond our reckoning. I can't ignore it, gotta see with my own eyes what's unfolding. Writing these words now, grabbing my gear and heading towards the source. I can't sit idle, waiting for answers to come to me. I gotta seek them out, no matter the risks. 

Wer Rastet, Der Rostet.

ACCOUNT 7 - THE BATTLE OF MAXWELL’s HEATH
A Minitz warrior.

image.png?width=575&height=701

In the heart of the Frankish conquest, there flew a banner so immense, it defied the heavens. It was the blood-stained banner of Waldenia. Sewn by the late Lawspeaker Maxwell in a fit of divine inspiration, it is a symbol of our Reinmaren brethren and the struggles we endured during the Mori War. 

I can still recall the moment we unfurled that colossal banner on the battlefield. It fluttered proudly in the wind, bearing witness to our resolve. As we rallied under its towering presence, we knew that we faced a formidable foe, but we were undeterred. 

The battles that followed were fierce, each clash marked by bloodshed and the clash of steel. Our hearts beat as one, united under the banner's gold, a blazing monument to our unbreakable spirit. Amidst the chaos, that banner became our guiding light. It urged us onward when hope wavered, its sheer size an embodiment of our collective determination. We fought with an unyielding ferocity, driven by the yearning for a land to call our own. 

With each passing battle, the banner bore witness to the sacrifices made on those hallowed grounds. Every inch of its vast fabric was tainted with the blood of our comrades and foes alike. It became a somber tapestry, a symbol of the lives given in the pursuit of our shared dream. 

I can still vividly recall the pivotal clash that left an indelible mark upon that banner. The Battle of Maxwell's Heath, Saxton calls it. The enemy pressed upon us, threatening to extinguish our flame. Amidst those horrors of war, a miracle unfolded, attributed to the late Lawspeaker Maxwell; a revered figure within our ranks. It is said that his spirit, still watching over us, intervened in a moment of desperate need. In that dire moment, we rallied around the banner, drawing strength from its presence. It became a rallying point, a symbol of our unwavering resolve. As the battle raged, the banner became drenched in the blood of our fallen kin. It became a solemn reminder of their sacrifices, a testament to the price we paid for our freedom. 

We fought not just for the banner, but for the ideals it represented - unity, courage, and an unbreakable bond to our tribe. Through the trials and tribulations of the Frankish conquest, that banner stood tall. It witnessed our triumphs and our losses, forever etching our story upon its tattered fabric. Now, as the Frankish conquest draws to a close, the blood-stained banner of Waldenia rests above the Langkette, where we crossed for the first time. It surely is a revered relic, a tangible reminder of the battles we fought, the lives lost, and the unbreakable bond that binds the Reinmaren. 

May its massive form and blood-soaked cloth forever inspire our future generations. May they remember the struggles we endured, the sacrifices we made, and the unyielding spirit that flowed through our veins. The Mighty Banner of Waldenia is a reminder that freedom is never easily won.

ACCOUNT 8 - A DECIPHERED RUNESTONE.
Frankish Runestone.

image.png?width=745&height=417

Before the days of the Warden from the Sea, long before you can remember, these were our lands. Granted by the gods, we communed with our land and it sustained us. We were not confined to these hilled encampments as we are now..

The Warden, to no right, has claimed these lands as his own. He has hunted our lands to barren wastes in vain pursuit, logged our forests to build his castles. Bastardized the Holy Stones to his God of Flame. For this, he has angered the gods.

The spies have returned reports of the Warden going on a hunting trip within the Eberswald in a month's time. For his hubris, he will be punished. The Warden's folk from the sea will suffer one thousand times what they have suffered unto us.

Let it be known that the gods have heard our cries, and their divine justice shall be delivered upon the Warden and his kin. Ulf inscribes this curse upon the stone*:

From the sea ye came,
     On accursed tides.
     Poached our game,
     Stole our hides.

Your city is gilded,
     Your gold shall rust.
     Since for glory you built it,
     Your legacy made dust.

*Author’s note: The precise syntax of the curse has been altered to maintain the rhyme.

A Frank lies dead among his brothers, a castle built atop his shallow grave.

Ludolf reads and smiles. "I love Minitz." He'd mutter as he wiped down his sword with a wet rag - sitting on the outskirts of his camp.

"Our Ritters shall lead onwards a glorious advance! Heja!" bellowed the Herrenmeister as he saddled his steed and readied his battle brothers.

John frowned as the evil Franks made off with his pet chicken. 

Oijin sends a letter to his Barclay Bosom Buddies looking for an early access code to Braevos.

"...We had made a foothold in Aevos. Our new home.".....

Ulrich set down his feathered pen and journal onto his desk, and left his tent to look at this new land again. He has seen so many lands in his lifetime, and only one he ever truly called a home. The nightmares have stopped their dread march in his sleep, but he knows the new nightmares are as real as the grass and trees that cover this new home.

"Home," he said aloud, grazing his hand over the leaves of the trees. He turned around and saw his fellow Minitzers doing various labor, but collectively they saw the same thing.

"Home."

A scribe would write back, correcting EVERY use of the name 'Aevos' and replacing it all with 'Braevos'.

5 hours ago, MadOne said:

Aevosian

Braevosian*

Aevos,

Braevos*

Aevosians'

Braevosians'*

Aevos

Braevos*