[PK] Long way to go

Javert

zmQAgnW9MGzpeAVm3XjuDp1VTl2-eXwTSJezynU7odpewjF1ebi80-M9xam5nXsXH5cRok5UkYtqxPAu2SaDPab_t5QTeLnsGVEDZlC5bdWRe4ufh_2bQtBGyOAX7eBfWmuoo27Zdhb0qvxoWN80GTI

Styregg Eiriksson Ruric, Son of Ingvar Eiriksson and grandson of King Ragnvald, sat alone at his desk in the Eiriksson clan home. The elderly Ruric sighed - he had grown bored with life, there was no excitement like in the days of his youth. No rebels to fight, no bandits to expunge, just peace and stability. While he knew it was good for the Kingdom, Styregg longed for the old days. Styregg withdrew a piece of paper and a quill from a drawer in his desk and took to writing.

"To whomever comes across this letter,"

"I have grown tired. If you read this now, presume that I have found my way to the woods so I may find a peaceful - or violent - end to my long life. I have seen much, some that I regret. Some more that I miss. Nonetheless, I wish to keep this brief. The All-Father calls. I ask that the letters below be distributed to their respective people."

"- Chancellor Styregg Eiriksson Ruric"

After concluding his many letters to the many people he wished to write to, the old Norlander set off into the snowy forests in the dead of night - never to be seen or heard from again.

To Balon, my Nephew

Spoiler

"You have done marvelously. Under your leadership, I am certain the Eiriksson Clan can thrive as it did many decades ago. Just be sure to reign in my Son Artyom every now and again, he can be a bit ambitious when it comes to plans for the Clan - he isn't the kind to threaten your position though, so just keep him in your corner."

To Artyom, my Son

Spoiler

"I am proud of you my Son. Show respect to your Cousin Balon, and try not to quarrel with him too much. You both are family after all - but I nonetheless suspect that you will be kind to him either way. I love you, my Son."

To Hilda Freysson,

Spoiler

"You're the only Freysson I've liked since Odin. Keep it up."

To King Odin,

Spoiler

"I am sorry that I could not serve you in a greater capacity, I was never quite as good with administrative responsibilities as my Grandfather Ragnvald. I hope you can forgive me for my faults as your Chancellor."

Balon Eiriksson stood in the tavern, reading over the letter he had received.

"A true son of Eirik"

A far flung cousin thinks briefly on the path he might have walked. Part of him would always belong with Norland, though he knew not if he would ever return there. Memories of meeting Styregg return to mind alongside concerns for his own brother. "Perhaps I shall see them again, one day."