[Declassified] The Ruthern Framework

HIaS5N81M8TBsVaENVzJfnu9q7a92LVj-mq_1iOYKU0drdbBQBSYziH7Jk065mM9XzwYJ0ZSYv0QUY2f26j7eF8yL4OAdZNdUhOSCyzzRyOZF-VKfHrFwMDxAWC9IlETBYn6M5bdjD_VC-SRKwh3jpSPOXj_L8l3d8axYF2DORgDO8E8_K-o7dYUGIsyaw

__

The following document has been declassified by the Office of the Principal Secretary of Balian on the 18th of the Grand Harvest, 133 SA.

A proposal sent to King Alexander by Amiratus Gaius var Ruthern after the retirement of Amiratus Ledicort Vuiller, the Ruthern Framework is a document that highlights proposals to continue reform and advancement in Balianese society. It contains a list of national aspirations that made up many of Amiratus Ruthern's ambitions and policy goals at the start of his chancellorship, with some items addressed, and others still withstanding.

The missive also notes the Amiratus intent to have the document refined and published post-haste, pending the King's approval. However, given King Alexander's ailing health at the end of his reign and the anarchies of the Mori Invasion, such refinement and official assent could not be reached. The framework was kept in government stasis for a considerable period of time, before the original draft was finally published under the purview of the Principal Secretary as a declassified item.

It is believed to have arrived in the late King Alexander's hand in the year 1920, or 124 SA, and has been declassified roughly nine years later.

__

image.png.1224e95efaca0ec2a4b315c5be60a1ea.png

Whilst Balian enters into another era of prosperity and success, a new Amiratus now steers the helm of our nation on behalf of the Crown. 

As a servant of both His Majesty and my fellow Balianese citizens, it is imperative that I address the objectives of my administration to you all. Transparency is a cherished principle, one which can never be completely hidden for the truth prevails sooner or later. The Ruthern Duana shall strive to hold government transparency at all levels. 

Thus, in compliance with the custom my predecessors before me have set, I, Gaius var Ruthern send this missive to your review. With the assent of His Majesty Alexander I, we may publish this document for the good of the Balianese peoples.

This contents of this massive shall provide the framework for the main objectives of the Ruthern Duana, as of the year 124 SA | 53 BA.

Fe, Stat, i Prosperitat (Faith, State, and Prosperity)

1. Further growth of our nation and transparency between the citizens of the nation and with the Crown and Duana. 

• Biannual Duana Meeting, Minutes Declassified at Discretion of Principal Sec. [Censure]
  • State of the Kingdom Address every four years. [Censure]
  • Goal of Land Survey, Map out the Haciendas of Balian and Promote Noble Identities. [Interior]
  • Goal to grow our activity, mercantile guilds discussed in Assembly. [Treasury]
  • Balianese Civil Service, headed by our Interior department, to train newcomers in all affairs of state and be leaders in their communities. [Interior, Censure]

Wisdoms of Tetsugawa

2. Balian shall be a center of science and alchemy. An alchemist society, centered around the progress and advancement of humanity shall be situated here in Balian.  

• Inspired by Tetsugawa, the Oyashimi of the Iron River, who have used alchemy and holy magic to build a model society among wartorn North.
  • Have the Alchemists in the royal family lead us towards greater use of alchemical engineering and medicine. Donate a building in Balian towards this society. [Royal Family, Censure]

Expand the Novellen Collection

3. Encourage our own citizens to take up penmanship, playwriting, music and poetry. A cultural Renaissance of the arts should begin in Balian. Encouragement of more scholars. 

• Offer mina to those who expand the Novellen Collection.
  • Give a house in the city to house the Novellen Collection to someone eager to maintain it.
  • Invite citizens to borrow books from it to learn about the wider world.
  • Make a goal to have the largest collection of literature among the human nations, and perhaps even the Descendents.
  • Offer tests and degrees to those who master a component of the Novellen Collection.
  • Bard’s guild making visits, willing to teach any and all.
  • Encourage bardmancy in Balian, continue Balian’s path as a hub for arts and culture.

Continue the Renovatio!

4. We are still going through a cultural movement within Balian. I aim to make sure we continue that under the King’s blessing. This time we shall display our culture proudly and actively as we continue our presence on the international stage. 

• Spreading and funding the Royal Balianese Academy for new cultural documents.
  • More priests, more efforts into building Balianese spiritual life.
  • More effort put into recovering and understanding the Lothar Stones, led by former Amiratus Ledicort.
  • Devote religious scholarship into understanding the legend of the Supernals, the holy wives of the Exalted, favored among the Balianese pecheros.
  • Propagation of Balianese language and identity.

Viameza: The Middle Way

5. Now, as for foreign policy. Under the King’s guidance I hope to make sure we stay prominent in international matters. The Atrus Covenant has so far been a success. The Canonist League and the Sol Entente are other great examples of us establishing our presence on the global stage. We will continue to be the peacekeepers of this world even in face of the Mori invasions. 

• Viameza: Balianese word meaning middle way, our diplomatic goals work toward the peace and dignity of the Descendent races.
  • Focus on the Mori as our priority.
  • Continue to balance our relationships in the north and south.
  • Fund grants to those who wish to coordinate international events in our lands or in our allies lands.

The Balianese Armada

6. Reform and expand the military, the Company of Balian, into a much more robust and well organized force. 

• Given our role as a bridge between north and south, and our coastal areas that we plan to charter a new territories in, we are modernizing our army to be a marine amphibious force, to be able to cross waters and fight naval battles.
  • We will put Ruthern expertise to build a Balianese Armada and great artillery battery.
  • Ensure this Armada is one designed to protect us and our way of life. Encourage culture and national identity with their drill.

The Consulier

7. Reorganize our legal code to one that can be easily accessed. We will begin a recruitment drive for lawyers and Kritai (Judges). 

• Make sure the people have a voice every year at the assembly, make sure the body is held at a constant interval.
  • Start having our lawyers and Kritai enforce the laws legislated by the assembly such as tariffs or property rights.
  • Write up a lawsuit format and guide so citizens can easily negotiate their disputes in court.

Yours,

HIS ROYAL EXCELLENCY, Gaius var Ruthern, Baron of Marsana, Amiratus of the Kingdom of Balian, Lord Seneschal of the Crown and Chief Minister of the Royal Duana.

Edited by Kingdom of Balian