Letters to the dead

Markisstreaming

Spoiler

These are not letters to actual people, rather they are written for the average reader to enjoy. 

Letters, written by Talinn Tordove in 483 E.S.

Dear father,

I hope you are enjoying your grave in Almaris, and that the Mori have taken good care of your body, for they love traitors. The things you've done, to me and to your wife, well, they made me the man I am. And even though you treated me like a pest, a leech that only drained you, I forgive you. I forgive your actions, your words to me, even though I know you're not sorry for them.

With that said, may you rest in agony,

- Your son.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear mother,

I hope you're at peace now. I hope you rest in peace, and I hope you aren't tormented by that pathetic excuse of a man your husband was. You tried your best to protect me, and while you failed at that, you placed a slither of hope in me, hope that kept me going. I forgive you for failing as my protector, you tried your best.

May you rest in peace,

- Your son.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Immeral,

Wherever you are, I hope you are doing well. You went through too much, and you deserve rest. You failed at being a father, at least you did to me, but that shaped me into the independent man I am today.

I forgive you for abandoning me, the child you promised to protect, for a crazy woman.

May you find your peace in this realm, and the next,
- Talinn.

Evelyn,

You pathetic excuse of a mother. You failed in every aspect of raising me in my mother's stead, and you killed a part of me. You killed the innocent child I was, and made me into the drunkard I became. I managed to get over that, and I'm a new man now. You gave me so much hardship, some of which still troubles me today. You killed my dream of becoming a Paladin. And even after all this, I forgive you.

May you rest in peace,
- The son you didn't want

My dearest grandfather, Elend,

You showed me love when no others did. You cared for me when no-one else wanted to. You did your best to guide me to the Path of Xan, and even when I failed you showed me love and care. I thank you for that.

May you rest in peace wherever you are,
- Talinn.

My sister, Anamion,

I hate the fact I don't remember much of you anymore. You truly were an innocent soul, and I hate myself for bringing you into the family that got you killed. Your death troubled me a lot, it truly did, and there isn't a day when I don't think of you.

I hope you are at peace, wherever your soul is,
- Talinn, your brother.

Spoiler

OOC now

This is meant as a form of closure for my character, and not as a call-out to the players. Thank you for taking the time to read this!