Essential Oils Amendment [Alchemy]

Tabby64

New mechanic:

When an item imbued with a mana based enchantment is submerged within Auric Oil for an extended period of time, the effects of the enchant erode away. Making an enchanted item become inert requires [1] Auric Oil potion

New Redlines:

- Removing enchantments from items takes many narrative days and cannot be done in combat.

- When an item becomes inert from bathing in Auric Oil it remains intact and is not damaged. 

Reasoning: 

Spoiler

There doesn’t seem to be many ways for enchantments to be removed and I wanted to make a simple method that people could use. It is not meant to be a nerf to magic but just a way for craftsmen to change item’s. 

Please add that it must be done with OOC consent. Otherwise Imma start drenching people in Auric Oil :P

8 hours ago, rdowdy said:

Please add that it must be done with OOC consent. Otherwise Imma start drenching people in Auric Oil :P

I mean, you could also just sunder their objects, hit it with abjuration etc. This specificly requires a long time (multiple irp days) so seems fine?

I suppose it's harmless? But it's also a specific magical ability in Naztherak blood magic & Auric Oil is already one of the stronger potions. 

3 hours ago, DISCOLIQUID said:

I suppose it's harmless? But it's also a specific magical ability in Naztherak blood magic & Auric Oil is already one of the stronger potions. 

Yeah the whole point is that i shouldn't need to be a demon man with blood magic to remove an enchantment. 

On 7/10/2023 at 6:19 PM, Tabby64 said:

Yeah the whole point is that i shouldn't need to be a demon man with blood magic to remove an enchantment. 

Realistically why would you want to remove an enchant when you could just make a new base item, though? 

1 hour ago, Nilyeet said:

Realistically why would you want to remove an enchant when you could just make a new base item, though? 

Sometimes the items material components can be hella valuable/expensive
I'd rather get the voidal enchant off of my boomsteel sword rather than go about finding new ore to make another sword without the enchantment

Edited by SlitheryC1

On 7/22/2023 at 12:56 PM, SlitheryC1 said:

I'd rather get the voidal enchant off of my boomsteel sword rather than go about finding new ore to make another sword without the enchantment

valid, did not consider that

On 7/22/2023 at 6:56 PM, SlitheryC1 said:

Sometimes the items material components can be hella valuable/expensive

transfig people can abjure it (voidal only) and the enchant is just erased instantly

the amendment is w.e i just wanted 2 let u know that

Amendments/Additions implemented into main lore post. Thank you for your submission. Moving to correct subforum to prevent redundancy and clutter.

Clarified nature of one week uninterrupted required.