A QUERY ON ECCLESIASTICAL INEQUALITY

Kholibrii

HKSp-KeuDCQaKTe5l2KNhjP6uFNYPPoRdN-1gbwTeseCP2qWuEzMCIGW4oFYLxAld5xGIvB3T8-c5PrQX0980mLfJyVXejKdXPQ6D-gSMJvbEN6aQll_WE-lUsMSLp7Ax4gu0x9h1U_ddKbQLFR6vwU

2FjiwVWi8VgdaguuBDDE3R4gUjkj9_E49Uy7zVQExBH5vEDQfZ1qo8ZYlKv4P_SkoGWCAhrzR5Rn4_nsGFsrB9casRpE4IKhbDnGS9x7wGpKjT-hT2pUCfnT84rkDxLZhEGmFqyKtJvQCTD04hDmckU

To His Holiness Sixtus V and the Faithful MEN of the Curia,

I pen this public letter to His Holiness and the faithful men of the Curia in hopes of receiving enlightenment upon an issue I have recently discovered. While such a query may frequently be conducted via private communications, I felt such a topic was in need of a public letter.

In the 18th of Sigismund's End 1849, His Holiness, Everard VI wrote a public missive announcing a shift in the church’s stance on women serving as ordained Clergy. This announcement was made in the years following an initiative led by HRH, The Princess Imperial, Elizabeth Anne with the goal of allowing women equal inheritance. Since then there have been countless women who had stood as peers in their own right across all Canonist nations.

Despite the strides made in the realm of peerage, the church has notably lagged behind. Since the year 1896, a mere four women have been recorded in the Census of the Ecclesiastical Registrar, a minuscule number in comparison to their male counterparts. Furthermore, the current curia is composed of 6 men, but not one woman.

I wish to know why such an unbalance exists within the Church and why little has been done to address the issue. If women have equal ability to spread the word of God and may hold positions equal to their male counterparts, then why does such a imbalance still exist? While one could argue that the imbalance exists due to a disinterest amongst the women of God’s flock, I’d propose the question, if that were to be true, would it not be the duty of the Clergy to properly educate and encourage faith amongst the women of their flocks? 

I wouldn’t dare question the judgment of His Holiness or any faithful Canonist. Nor do I wish to cause a disturbance akin to that which Dona Nicolette Amador recent writings caused, though I do believe the current issue needs to be addressed and pray that His Holiness may be guided toward a solution which best represents the will of God.

SIGNED,

Her Ladyship, Serena Viviana of Arkent

Spoiler

To anyone wishing to send a private response, feel free to send an in-game letter, my IGN is Kholibrii!

"The reason why there's been barely any women in priesthood or curia is because they're largely uninterested in being a part of the priesthood or Curia. I think blame shouldn't be tossed to the Church for not recruiting enough women, but instead, effort should be made to increase the amount of participation by women! Though as to answer your question, it's not like we can drag women by the cuff to recruit them into the priesthood. We have to be sought by them respectively. Perhaps you would be interested in becoming an initiate?" says Father Adelric of Reinmar, in his letter to the author.