The First Election of Dunwen, 734 Shire Reckoning

The notice hangs from the door of the town hole, Rosebud clearly put her best into making it look official, but she still smudged the ink in more than a few places.

The Election is Called!

Having sat as mayor for eight long, happy years, my term as established in the Dunfarthing Ways, Laws, and Traditions of Year 134 Shire Reckoning is coming to an end. We are to hold an election for the positions of Mayor and Sheriff, to be completed within the year. It has been an honour to serve you, my precious Wee Folk, and I look forward to seeing the capable Halflings who will step forward to replace me in my seat.

• Nomination will be accepted for the next three Pumpkin Days, until noon Elven Standard Time this Tuesday
  • We will hold a debate three hours later in the pub so that the candidates can drink, argue, and get in fights about things
  • Balloting will begin on the Friday and conclude by NEXT Tuesday at noon, a box for ballots will be placed in front of the town hole
  • We will then count the ballots before the candidates, the shire, and Knox
  • Only Wee-folk may run for these positions as defined in The Ways, resident Honoraries and Crafted beings may be eligible for half votes

• Any candidates please affix your name and desired position to this notice

May Knox guide us all,

Rosebud Applefoot, first Mayor of Dunwen

Spoiler

Dates and times:

Nominations run until Tuesday July 25, noon EST

Debate in the pub on Tuesday July 25, 3pm EST (show up!)

Voting will be done Friday July 28 - Tuesday August 1st

Vote counting will be done Tuesday August 1st, noon EST (show up!)

[!] A note is attached

”Mimosa Applefoot,

Mayor”

*The ballots reads the following*
Applefoot for Sherrif
Valuk for Sherrif

Erling Ramblecask for Sherrif
Valuk for Mayor
Shire King Cyris for Mayor

Edited by Dagmora

Written in intentionally different handwriting, perhaps with the left instead of the right, Rosebud has added her own nomination below the others:

Rosebud Applefoot for Sheriff